[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>european jazz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
File: Absolutely_e9fe83_5483429.jpg (83 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely_e9fe83_5483429.jpg
83 KB, 600x450
>european jazz
>>
File: 1419459815831.jpg (38 KB, 558x340) Image search: [Google]
1419459815831.jpg
38 KB, 558x340
>>61430772
>grasshopper jazz
>>
European jazz best
>>
>>61430772
you can just TELL this guy's AOTY is The Epic
>>
>>61430825
guess again
>>
>>61430833
Tigran Memesyan then
>>
>>61430841
please... tigran is european ffs
>>
>>61430843
no he's not, nice /pol/ meme
>>
File: typical swedish couple.jpg (56 KB, 696x438) Image search: [Google]
typical swedish couple.jpg
56 KB, 696x438
>europe
>>
>>61430853
whatever I still don't like him from what i've heard except that beatbox video
>>
I find that European free jazz (which I actually quite enjoy) is missing a sense of black spiritualism that I really enjoy the presence of. I know it's cheesy, but I love listening to the free jazz recordings of artists like John Coltrane and Pharoah Sanders partly because they ooze a great sense of religious passion. European free jazz seems to get rid of all that in favor of pure musicianship, which, while I can definitely appreciate, I find to be less charming.
>>
File: absolutely-disgusting.jpg (74 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
absolutely-disgusting.jpg
74 KB, 720x540
>jazz
>>
>>61430888
Rereading that, I feel like it should be obvious as to why European artists don't possess black spiritualism but whatever. i'm too tired.
>>
>>61430888
Much of the seminal European free jazz of the 60's and 70's echoes the nihilism of a generation born during the war that grew up in war-torn Europe
>>
>>61430935
Hmm, that's actually a perspective I've never really thought of. I'll keep that in mind next time I listen to some.
I grew up in a religious household (not a black one, though) and did a lot of reading about the civil rights movement in school, so it may just be a factor of more of what I was exposed to.
>>
File: banana.png (19 KB, 618x738) Image search: [Google]
banana.png
19 KB, 618x738
>european ___
>>
>>61431005
>stupid white american failing to realize he is nothing but an ersatz european

at least ausshitposters are self-aware
>>
File: sofia7.jpg (97 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
sofia7.jpg
97 KB, 600x450
>>61431031
>ersatz
>>
Brit here. Jazz, Blues, Hip-Hop, Punk, and Electronic music is music mainland Yurop will never "get."

>Electronic

Yes, yes, I know about Stockhausen, Krautrock, Tangerine Dream, etc, but that's primarily Germany and the heights of those periods were short lived. The Electronic "music" Yurop actually gets is stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdooYar_A6g

Yurop really only does Metal decently, and it's because the cunts get off on being all dark and depressing. UK does metal better anyhow cause we can take the piss.
>>
>>61431085
european rock & roll was always great. europe also makes classical music.
>>
>>61431085
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdooYar_A6g
any lewd pics of her?
>>
I love european free jazz in the same way I love harsh noise. There's something special about how noisy it can be.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UruaQQkhYTg

>_>
>>
At one point, I preferred American jazz, largely because of how passionate and spiritual it can be. These days, I find myself more interested in European jazz - or even those artists that seek to combine the two traditions, i.e., Ken Vandermark, Cecil Taylor. There's something gloriously messy and unhinged about European free jazz, and it doesn't always try to ground itself in some notion of spirituality or meaning. That lack of meaning makes it extremely exciting to listen to, because I don't get the feeling that some ideology is being pushed. I love John Coltrane and Alice and Pharoah, but it could be quite corny at times. Endearing, but corny. Cecil Taylor, on the other hand, embraced the weirdness and the nothingness and dug deeper into the human psyche than any of the other guys, simply because he was willing to dispense with notions of spirituality and "Jazz-as-Religious-Ecstasy."
>>
>>61431085
>electronic
you already said germany, but the UK has a huge underground scene in which half of all electronic genres you know originated. Even most of the original IDM artists are from Europe. Only newer shit is from the US, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Also that song you posted is basically a pop song from 1991.

>Punk
is this b8?
>>
File: 1377222445985.png (291 KB, 547x513) Image search: [Google]
1377222445985.png
291 KB, 547x513
>>61432519
>Only newer shit is from the US
>>>>>>>
>>
>>61430772
Even Polish?
>>
>>61432542
I'm talking IDM here. Yeah, there probably were some artists that existed in the US, the essentials started with Warp Records, BoC, Aphex Twin etc. though, which were all based in Europe.
>>
File: steve-albini-006_1.jpg (29 KB, 420x472) Image search: [Google]
steve-albini-006_1.jpg
29 KB, 420x472
>jazz
>>
>>61432651
Oh, I thought you were talking about electronic music as a whole.
>>
>>61430915
Man I try sooo fuckin hard to like jazz and it just doesn't connect for me. I like pharaohs dance by miles davis and thats literally it
>>
>>61430772
try Soweto Kinch
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.