[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why does everyone on this board has such shitty opinons? >the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: 1449876301789.png (23 KB, 637x478) Image search: [Google]
1449876301789.png
23 KB, 637x478
why does everyone on this board has such shitty opinons?

>the dark side of the moon is the worst pink floyd album
>beetles were shit tier
>beach boys were amazing
>death grips isn't noise

just a few things I've read today
>>
no takerino baiterino
>>
that's a nice desert pic
>>
but dark side is my favourite pink floyd album
>>
DSotM and the Beatles are overrated, the Beach Boys are underrated, and Death Grips, while I don't particularly like them, aren't anymore noise than anything else really. If you don't like them that's fine.
>>
hello reddit :^)
>>
>>61428581
>>the dark side of the moon is the worst pink floyd album
Contrarians and memers but it certainly isn't their best
>>beetles were shit tier
Contrarians, memes, and scruffi drones
>>beach boys were amazing
They were
>>death grips isn't noise
They aren't.
>>
>>61428602
Charles Manson>beach boys
>>
>>61428623
Death Grips is just screamo for kids that've grown out of being Emo and now try to be indie
>>
>>61428678
Death Grips is nothing like screamo or emo.
>>
>>61428687
keep telling yourself that
>>
you first OP
>>
that's a nice desert pic
>>
>>61428727

Other anon here. Which characteristics and specific parts are similar to emo/screamo? I honestly don't get it. At least contentwise. If you're purely talking about the fanbase I could see your reasoning, of course assuming that the depiction of Death Grips/emo/screamo fans is accurate. Still, I'd take it with a grain of salt since we're talking about "information" presented by /mu/, but at least I could see your point to a certain degree.
>>
>>61428602
I agree, but overrated =/= bad.
>>
pretty sneaky bait. would be believable without the death grips bit
>>
>>61428678
You are a newfag, lurk for a few more months before you start making shitty threads like this again.

There is nothing screamo about Death Grips.
>>
>>61428581
because /mu/ is the worst board in 4chan.
Even worst than /v/ and /tv/

/b/ doesn't count
>>
File: 1450715554702.jpg (121 KB, 500x399) Image search: [Google]
1450715554702.jpg
121 KB, 500x399
>>61428581
Because everyone on /mu/ is a 17 year old Brazilian Edgelord
>>
There isn't one Pink Floyd album that doesn't ooze pretentiousness and faux art.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 357x399) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 357x399
>>61428678
what
>>
>>61428950
>Other anon here. Which characteristics and specific parts are similar to emo/screamo?
he is problably a normie that is visiting mu and think "muh screams" alone are screamo
>>
How the hell death gruips isnt not, he is not harsh noise, or noisegrind, or power elecgtronics or black noise but he is other form of noise whateaver the hell this thing is called
>>
>>61428602
You're the reason people hate beach boys fans.
>>
>>61431886
>because W is the worst board in 4chan.
>Even worst than.....

no shit, and I was imagining there was a worst board than the worst board on 4chan
>>
>>61428581
People will have different opinions no matter what the subject is.
>>
>>61428581
Because this board has shitty tastes
>>
>>61428602
>beach boy fans
>>
>>61428581
1: That's nothing on "let's exploit this weirdo for money" era PF albums.
2: They're alright.
3: They are
4: It's not even close but it sure have some influences on noise.
>>
>>61428602
>Beach Boys are underrated
Yeah, Surfs Up, Sunflower, Smiley Smile and SMiLE are all great, but Pet Sounds is one of the most overrated things ever
>>
>>61428581
>Animals or Wish You Were Here are better
>They weren't
>They were
>They aren't
>>
>>61428581
>>the dark side of the moon is the worst pink floyd album
It's really not. It's a bit overrated, sure, but it's still a good album. After all, it's a matter of personal preference.
>>beetles were shit tier
Muh >the fact that
Again, personal preference. Some may not like them, mostly because contrarians are everywhere on this board. I personally like them but don't think they are a pinnacle of music like many critics do.
>>beach boys were amazing
Well they are. If you like The Beatles, you'd probably like Beach Boys as well.
>>death grips isn't noise
Not at all. Noisy maybe, but they are not making noise music. Clipping have actual noise in their songs though, but even they are not considered noise.
>>
>>61428581
are you from mchan op
cause i think that pic come from there
>>
>talk talk was jsut shitty synth pop before spirit of eden
>>
>>61428581
Not the worst but far from the best
>beetles were shit tier
No they were good just massively overrated outside of mu
I don't even like them but i'm ready to say they are underrated here due to the contrarian mentality
>beach boys were amazing
Pet sounds is better than any beatles album anon
>death grips isn't noise
Technically they are, like all music.

Noise music is this by the way : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwMLJ4bbNpw
>>
that's just contrarians trying to (successfully) trigger faggots like you. it isn't pink floyd's best, but indeed one of their best

>beatles were shit tier
That's a personal preference, it's not like you've got to like the Beatles. Also, contrarians and shitposters.

>beach boys were amazing
Of course they were, but of course you won't think so if you decided to only listen to Pet Sounds, which is amazing yet overrated

>death grips isn't noise
i don't know, i don't give a fuck about death grips
>>
>>61428950
Cathartic and emotional lyrics. Shouted and aggressive vocal stylings. Abrasive and angular instrumentals. General "pump up" songwriting. High focus on image. Mysterious, dark band members. Appeals primarily to 14-24 year olds.
>>
>>61433948
>Death Grips have an influence on noise artists.
>Not the literal fucking opposite.

I haven't heard a single noise musician worth their salt (aka, non-soundcloud/bandcamp artists, artists who have been around for more than five years, etc.) who have ever gone on file as having DG as an influence. If anything, it's the opposite. DG bring the most basic noise aesthetics to the pop scene.
>>
death grips is just digital noise that goes against the traditional analog sound

DG is pure trash

If you buy the DG meme you are literally retarded and probably need to rethink your life
>>
>>61428581
The Beach Boys WERE amazing, though. The rest is horse shit, I agree with you.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.