[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Muse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9
File: drones.jpg (1 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
drones.jpg
1 MB, 2000x2000
ITT we discuss Muse albums.
First off: "Drones"
Great intrumentation, but the "war is bad and drones are evil" message is hilariously annoying.
>>
COOOOOOOME WIIIIIIIIIITH MEEEEEE TOOOO NOWHEEEEEERE

AND IIIIIIIIIIII'LL SHOOOOOW YOUUUUU NOTHING SPEEEEECIAAAAAAAL
>>
File: The 2nd Law alt.jpg (3 MB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
The 2nd Law alt.jpg
3 MB, 2400x2400
Criminally underrated.
>>
>>61427956
very true
>>
The music is 10/10.
I don't know what to think about the lyrics, now sure, I am a dirty hippy that thinks all war is bad and nothing justifies the killing of another human. If you ever kill a person that's NEVER justified and you should carry that cross in your soul for the rest of your life as far as i'm concerned. THAT said well, drones remove at least one side's soldiers from the equation, so in the end it's less dead people. I don't know what makes them so bad.
So I'm lukewarm on the message itself, but as poetry it's a mixed bag. Some really cool stuff, well measured phrases and good manage of metre and then there's shit like "I'll turn you into a super drone". But that's more or less standard for Muse since the start.
>>
>>61428135
OP here. It's deffo the roots of Muse, and don't get me wrong. I love this album. And also, I agree with the message, but it just comes off really forced. And "Psycho" is a fucking great song until the whole "your ass belongs to me now" part.
>>
>>61428135
But even the lyrics that make sense suck, it feels like they wrote them in automatic pilot. And if it was some Punk/old school Rock & Roll band i wouldn't care that much, but there are lots of people that threat them like they're the modern Queen/Pink Floyd, so i can't give them a pass.
(By the way, i'm not even a Pink Floyd or Queen fan, i like records of both bands, but i don't listen to them very often.)
>>
Showbiz to Black Holes were good, then The Resistance and 2nd law were pretty meh, Drones was good again
>>
>>61428247
I don't think there's any lyrics that don't make sense. It's pretty overt, there's nothing to not get when everything is shouted at your face.
>>
>>61427846
Great first half, didn`t like too much of the second half. I like all of their albums quite a bit except The 2nd Law and Showbiz. Both were fine, just didn`t get me going.
>>
>>61428315
You're right, i expressed myself wrongly, sorry. It's not that the lyrics don't make sense, it's more like... they feel kind of incomplete, like the composer didn't elaborate the ideas enough to make them interesting. I think Bellamy was writing the lyrics and made some sentences per song, and when he had all the basic ideas for each one of the songs, he said "well, i'm tired, fuck it" and didn't gave a shit while doing the final lyrics.
>>
Absolution, OoS and Black Holes are my favorite of theirs. They used to be one of my favorite bands but I'm very disappointed with the last three albums
>>
I didn't like the song dead inside.
Maybe the only song i like Of that álbum is physco Drop D
>>
this is the worst thread i've ever seen
>>
>>61428466
They might've been going for something with how direct the lyrics are; everything in society is presented as black and white with little room for interpretation. Maybe. Or maybe they're just terrible at writing lyrics
>>
>>61428941
Nah, mate. Listen to uprising or Assassin, Bellamy really sees the world that way. But at least he puts in cool phrases in his childish views- and horribly awkward ones too, but y'know: rough with the smooth and what not.
>>
>>61428837
why tho

btw what do y'all think of Newton Abbot Demo
>>
File: H.A.A.R.P [Live].jpg (68 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
H.A.A.R.P [Live].jpg
68 KB, 600x600
>>61427846
THIS is the best Muse album. It proves that Muse is 100% about the performance. The "show", if you will. The moments of spontaneity on this record are captivating, like at the end of New Born when Matt Bellamy breaks into a Rage Against The Machine riff out of nowhere and the band just follows. Other than that, they're a shallow rock band meant to please superficially and nothing more. Still one of the best live bands on the planet, though.
>>
File: Goof5.jpg (18 KB, 364x400) Image search: [Google]
Goof5.jpg
18 KB, 364x400
:^)
>>
>>61430418
Nice hat
>>
>>61428486
basically this. They lost their edge when they became edgy.
>>
>>61429277
I sorta agree with this. I hated the Drones album but seeing them preform it live in concert was definitely the best show I've ever been to in my life. That being said Origin is my favorite studio by them. God tier production, great riffs, and pulsating bass lines.
>>
origin of symmetry is their only good album and the rest of it is fucking edgy trash (especially drones), all of it is utterly worthless, edgy and le 2deep4u "messages" to each of their albums, generic melodies and the singer sounds like a cuck, most of their music sounds like the pop rock you hear on the radio that's popular with edgy white girls who like punk rock and nintendo and le wattpad

fuck muse, honestly
sage this thread please
>>
>>61428135
Problem with drones is that one side of the conflict has hugely disproportionate power over the other and can enforce their will regardless of it being justified, with no risk to actual soldiers. There's also a huge amount of civilian casualties.

As for this album, I might have enjoyed the instruments if I didn't have such high standards for lyrics. As it is they made me cringe too much, and not because I disagree. I just disagree with the shitty lyrics and that embarrassing cover.

Also, full pacifism is honestly just naive. Do you really have less sympathy for grunts pushed into killing many other grunts because of their financial situation or social obligations than you do to Hollywood liberals who can safely advocate peace over champagne and steak?
>>
>>61428837
Agreed. Reddit please leave.
>>
File: 1407462909042.jpg (25 KB, 450x851) Image search: [Google]
1407462909042.jpg
25 KB, 450x851
>>61428135
>nothing justifies the killing of another human
>>
File: youallsuck.jpg (36 KB, 589x625) Image search: [Google]
youallsuck.jpg
36 KB, 589x625
>>
>>61429055
>Bellamy really sees the world that way
There should be interviews telling of this
>>
File: image.png (102 KB, 253x255) Image search: [Google]
image.png
102 KB, 253x255
Jesus Christ /mu/ is now really just /r/music
>>
>>61431417
This is the thread that convinced you? I mean really?
>>
>>61431417
/mu/ used to actually
like muse before twilight. There were literally hype threads for the resistance.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 400x462
>>61431433
Yes, it's gotten to the stage we are actually discussing a meme band unironically
>>
>>61431479
That's better than shitposting to prove how "patrician" your tastes are. Fucking homo poopy pants nigger.
>>
>>61431479
>discussing a meme band unironically
>meme band

I'd want this board go full r/music if it meant faggots like you, who call everything they don't like a meme, will leave.
>>
>>61429277
>Rage Against The Machine riff out of nowhere and the band just follows

That's one of several riffs they've been playing regularly at shows for fucking years.
>>
File: theresistance.jpg (124 KB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
theresistance.jpg
124 KB, 500x493
>>61427956
sorry, wrong pic
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.