[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/noise/ - Yall needa learn how to bump the thread before it dies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: merzbow.jpg (294 KB, 903x600) Image search: [Google]
merzbow.jpg
294 KB, 903x600
General:
pastebin.com/PhhV6eSx

Questions:

Are you participating in the noise comp?
What are you listening to?
How was your NBND?
Any cool bandcamp releases (that isn't just you shilling your own stuff?)
Any new purchases?
Setups?
>>
>>61425632
Wut?
>>
Talk more about this noise comp
>>
>>61426034
Cutoff is Jan 23rd. Someone else can provide the email. Concept is about your home town. Use the template "___ is a town where ____" if possible.
>>
>>61426034
>>61426317
Also, big encouragement from me (not the organizer, but I think it makes a release more creative and encourages each artist to explore their concepts) to integrate your project's concept into the compilation's concept somehow as well. For example with projects like with White Eye of Winter Watching with artists like Exploring Jezebel adapting titles to the release concept while still retaining their own unique conceptual style.
>>
Every noise musician I know is pretentious and shit
>>
>>61426440
Then you don't know the right people
>>
>>61426440
Then become one that isn't.
>>
>Yall needa learn how to bump the thread before it dies edition

If a thread has no activity going on, don't force it. It's sad to see a dead thread; it's even worse to see a dead thread keep getting bumped just to prolong the inevitable.
>>
sup noisebros! any1 here a fell0 vaper? nothing like listening to some of the rita and some nicotine free "a child's smile" e-juice
>>
>>61426666

No but sounds nice
>>
>>61426666
Nice satanic quads
>>
File: WP_20160102_003.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160102_003.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>61425480
>Are you participating in the noise comp?
Once I get around to making my track, yeah

>What are you listening to?
a lawn mower

>How was your NBND?
Not too bad. Voluntarily broke it three times, though I discovered plenty of other cool noise. Only really just started listening to noise in the past 12 months, so my selection was pretty standard. All the albums I made it 100% through are listed below
http://pastebin.com/AxjRGR2n

>Any cool bandcamp releases (that isn't just you shilling your own stuff?)
ecoterror.bandcamp.com

>Any new purchases?
Some tapes from the past few months include
Black Cat - With Hearts in Purgatory We Burn
Joli - Obsessed
Joli/Shitnoise Bastards - Welcome to the Future
Cremation Lily - A Body of Ones Own
Gender Sabotage – Waiting....and Waiting....and Waiting
Pale Earth - Sun Tribes
Grant Evans - Jewels From The House Of Worms

>Setups?
Excuse the crap photo, but pic related. The tape deck is for recording to
>>
Anyone here ever play around with recording animals with a contact mic? Earthworms in a jar sounds like a pulse. My favorite that I have recorded was when I stuck a contact mic in a decoy mouse and let a scorpion attack it for a while.
>>
>>61426547
I feel this.

>>61425480
>Any new purchases?
I think this year would be a good year to start getting some of my favorite noise releases on physical format. Gunna start with the easier stuff on CD. Fucked on a Pile of Corpses is probably gunna happen this week.
>>
>>61426904
You should try it on a cat as you pet it
>>
File: nin.jpg (93 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
nin.jpg
93 KB, 1000x1000
underrated noise album
>>
>>61427292
Careful not to fall for it

Seriously

Don't even fucking reply
>>
>>61427292

This is post-goth, not noise.
>>
>>61426904
fucking brootal bro

\m/ >_< \m/
>>
just made some ultra low freqs on my modular and hooked some old headphones to it and used them as a vibrator. more proof that noise is healthy and stress relieving.
>>
bee bam bop
>>
>>61426904
I wonder what a slug or snail would sound like, slithering over a large contact mic. Did you ever record any of that stuff?
>>
File: 5950490.jpg (53 KB, 514x461) Image search: [Google]
5950490.jpg
53 KB, 514x461
WHERE IS IT?
>>
>>61429192
>WHERE IS IT?
seconded.
>>
>>61429192
>>61429528

in my butthole lol!!! :^)
>>
>>61426469
nice
>>
>>61426666
yes I enjoy vaporwave.
>>
>>61429582
>in my butthole lol!!! :^)
well take it out and up it to mega already.
>>
so how about that merzbow
>>
>>61430670
I looked in my Merzbow folder and realized I only had a few albums, mostly post 2000.

Any recs for pre millenium Merzbow?
>>
>>61430870
FLARE GUN!
I fucking love that album. It's nice and brief, too. ~30 minutes
>>
>>61430954
seconding. checked it out a week ago and it was really good
>>
>>61425480
>Are you participating in the noise comp?

Rarely going in this threads what is it?
>>
>>61430954
I've actually got that one. I suppose I should check out Pulse Demon and 1930 too considering how much I see them posted.

>>61431052
From the last thread

>The theme will be to make a song about the town you live in. You can make this be harsh noise, a noise wall, or just plain old noise, whatever floats your boat. Tracks should be 10 minutes long at most and you are limited to 1 track. Titles should be in a "(Town name) Is a Town Where (Something about your town)" format, but if you can come up with something creative and cool, then that's fine as well!
>Email your track to [email protected]. If for any reason it won't let you email your track (file size limits?), just put your song in a zippyshare or mega download and email it. This will be the bandcamp it appears on: https://noisecomps.bandcamp.com/. I'll get the design set up before the comp comes out. Feel free to include your bandcamp in the email if you want, and I'll put it in the description on the final product.
>For times sake, I would say let's make the due date for tracks be January 23rd, but we can discuss it in the thread if you guys feel like you want more time.
>>
>>61431097

Nice i'll try, my town sure is /noise/
>>
What's up with rebeccablacktech? that and the back up are down right now
>>
man, so inactive since the new year.
are you guys social or some shit?
>>
>>61432035
I have been most of December, just popping in here on the odd occasion. It did make NBND difficult, no one else wants to listen to noise, though I turn a friend on to Pharmakon.
>>
>>61432035
I have mostly nothing to say on /noise/ because I'm more into making noise, talking about gear than discussing other artists, which these threads seem to be more about.
>>
>>61432287
Have you (or anyone) ever made a shakerbox? I tried today, and the results weren't that great. I used an altoids tin with a few screws, with a contact mic just loose inside. Would a plastic or wooden box work better maybe?
>>
>>61432442
I never had one, but I think that contact mics must be glued to the sides of the box. And screws must be small enough to bounce freely in the box AND crash into mics very often. You see, if contact mics also move, it is much harder to hit them strong enough to make them work.
>>
>>61432442

you should try taping the contact mic to the side but make sure it still has a few millimeters to wiggle
>>
>>61432442
Nah I never made a shakerbox but what >>61432679 is on point I guess. Try different kind of boxes/bits inside for different sounds. And also is you have small springs, drill small holes in your box and nudge the springs in there so that they stick out of the box. By strumming the springs you will get cool sounds.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiuJyT82PNE
>>
>>61425480
Hey /noise/, hope I'm not derailing you guys for this, but what do you think of:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzf3-_q5yiE

The music media tore them about at the time, but listening to it now with some background in noise, it honestly sounds pretty interesting and not nearly as unbearable as I would have thought it was a few years ago when I was unaware of noise music. What do you guys think of it?
>>
>>61434229

first of all i am not "you guys" but in my opinion i find this track to be very interesting and noisy
>>
>>61434229
And yes, I'm aware it's more musique concrete than noise, but I still think there's some similarity with stuff like this and /noise/-type stuff as a whole. Maybe I'm wrong, though, but being aware of one seems to help with appreciating the other.
>>
>>61434229

this is really good
>>
Also, does anyone else know albums like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxsQGNoDXNE

that combine noise with free jazz elements (the rhythms, physical instrumentation) but doesn't sound like jazz? I recently found
https://staalplaat.bandcamp.com/album/kriiskav-valgus
which fits the bill, but it's very short.

There's also this: https://riotseasonrecords.bandcamp.com/album/anno-fauve
but I already own it, and it's a bit different from the earlier two examples, you know what I mean?
>>
>>61434647
/noise/folks please respond
>>
what's up noise folks

i'm listening to einsturzende neubauten for the first time and enjoying it
>>
>>61434229
It's good but I think Yoko and John clearly had an admiration for musique concrete and early noise, whereas the mainstream media probably didn't and were just sore about John doing his own thing with Yoko rather than recording a new Beatles album.

Kinda similar to how people were pissy about Metal Machine Music by Lou Reed but many noise enthusiasts treat it as a genuine gem.
>>
Okay, I havent listened noise ever.
Recommend me good albums/bands and what is most generic noise album/band?
>>
>>61437069
Yellow swans - going places is pretty much the most commonly recommended album to newcomers. Particularly if they like shoegaze. What kind of music do you like?
>>
>>61437069
Bastard Noise - Rogue Astronaut
Prurient - History of AIDS
Kazuma Kubota - Kizu(this one is pretty melodic, if you'll want something in similar vein check out The Sleep Sessions)
Aube - Cardiac Strain
Pure - Fetor(very accessible PE from '87)
vàg - Music for Smoke Filled Elevators(very soft HNW)
And desu I can't really think of "generic" noise artist. Everyone has their quirk, like, I mean everyone or something that differentiate them from the rest. I you really want some stereotype then purgist is that typical harsh noise guy who stands with shakerbox and bunch of pedals(buzzcut included) and does his cut-up anal holocaust.
>>
>>61425480
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>61437668
>WRIGGLE LIKE A FUCKING EEL WRIGGLE LIKE A FUCKING EEEEEL WRIIIIGLEEEEE LIKEEE A FUUUUCKINGEREEEEEEEEL
god i love that song
>>
File: R-72438-1245230272.jpeg.jpg (92 KB, 600x585) Image search: [Google]
R-72438-1245230272.jpeg.jpg
92 KB, 600x585
What is she listening to, /noise/?
>>
File: Anybody.png (79 KB, 310x250) Image search: [Google]
Anybody.png
79 KB, 310x250
>>61437762
Anybody know what that could be?
>>
>>61437762
whitehouse, duh
>>
>>61437464
I like many genres, but favorites are hard rock, folk metal and psychedelic.
>>61437638
And thanks both for recommentions, I listen some of them today.
>>
>>61438219
you might want to skip History of AIDS(or at least listen to it later), cause it's really harsh in comparison to other albums
>>
>>61434647
don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for but john wiese and evan parker did a collaboration album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnk7tl9uoZw
>>
>>61438219
>folk metal
You may want to check out grim - folk music
>>
Listening in 480 for maximum sound quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZorWBMB1Tk
>>
>>61426820
>ecoterror.bandcamp.com
this is great
>>
>>61426820
>sold out
WHY
>>
So I'm listening to pic related right now and dl-ing Unmasking the Insect.

What did you guys think of it?
>>
>>61434229
yoko is my favorite beatle. she was like a zen merzbom dropped on the beatles.

>>61435577
i first heard about metal machine music via lester bangs. i found him connected to the brand romilar and that he mentioned it directly in his review of mmm.

his review got my interest and i listened to it similarly inebriated and it quickly became a classic. i knew other people didn't get it, they thought it was lou reed giving a 'fuck you' to his label or something by giving them unlistenable noise, but that's like saying merzbow's whole career is just some kind of joke and not serious art in its own right. to me, mmm is a noise classic. it still feels special when i hear it.
>>
>>61439389
It was pretty dank, will listen more!
>>
File: 1.jpg (90 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
90 KB, 500x500
in your opinion, what is this album about?
>>
>>61440251
grim's discography is quite small but all of it is really good
>>
File: Elegy.jpg (562 KB, 1200x803) Image search: [Google]
Elegy.jpg
562 KB, 1200x803
>I am a Lake of Burning Orchids - Elegy (Single)
>not noise or shoegaze, something ambient with a piano in the background, pretty interesting
https://mega.nz/#!hhkGCR7S!rUju8z1Lnf4jWAolItLJln_7LuiA3xhm9eKGbKaRVbs

Sharing because the one in the archive actually links to Bermuda Drain
>>
>>61440040
Drop it. Whole album is just walls of static. Nothing like his other works.
>>
File: yup.jpg (3 MB, 2500x2500) Image search: [Google]
yup.jpg
3 MB, 2500x2500
>cool bandcamp release from late 2015:

http://fulldecksubhuman.bandcamp.com/album/distraction-motif
>>
File: merzkovsky.gif (419 KB, 500x234) Image search: [Google]
merzkovsky.gif
419 KB, 500x234
who else would love to hear something like a psykovsky/merzbow collaboration album?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No3UX5KXPhM

start merzbow's gig4695 from merzphysics immediately after you start psykovsky - debut. they go together really well. oh and put merzbow at like 25% volume level to start with.
>>
>>61440463
It's what it has been so far. I'll try to complete it though.
>>
>>61440463
Do you think this is a bad thing?
>>
>>61441304
I'm >>61440040 and yeah I think it is, not into harsh noise wall at all. But I do like other power electronics/industrial noise works from Prurient, really. Cocaine Death and FNF are my favorites.
>>
>>61441513
Listening to it now. desu I was expecting this massive mo*te-style wall of moving small parts, never stopping n shit, but this is nice too i think. Releasing it at C80 is stupid idea in my opinion because my precognition skills tell me that that tape will be way too long.
>>
>>61440040 here
Unmasking the Insect confirmed to be way better.
>>
>>61426469
bretty gud
>>
need more women in noise like pharmakon and puce mary
>>
>>61427292
I always disliked this fucking cover.
>>
File: BEYEC.jpg (128 KB, 618x600) Image search: [Google]
BEYEC.jpg
128 KB, 618x600
https://soundcloud.com/dinosaurholocaust/birds-eye-custard
Is this still noise?
>>
>>61434647
Check out Normal Music and Collection Era 1 by Merzbow. Really early stuff by him like that is definitely like how you are meaning I think
>>
so for the noise comp will all submissions be in it? also what if i want to name it after a specific place in my town, can i do that?
>>
>>61427292
At least post the Downward Spiral
>>
>>61442901
Not the organizer but you could probably just replace "town" in the template with place. Template's not an absolute requirement anyway, but I think a lot of people are using it.
>>
>>61442901
yeah every submission will be in there
>>
>>61426820
>>61439547
>>61439635
hey, thanks for listening. i've been working on something new and it should be uploaded later today. oh yeah and the cassettes are fake. i just like making them and having physical copies to look at, even though they're blank.
>>
can you guys recommend me something similar to Frozen Niagara Falls or Going Places? this is the only noise albums that i really liked
>>
>>61444587
f-fuck you. Well I can't afford to pay more than 5dollars for postage fees(living in central europe fucking sucks) but It would be nice at least having an option to buy it
>>
>>61429192
>WHERE IS IT?
I'll third this one. I'd put out to get this.
>>
>>61444666
i don't have plans to actually make and distribute them, i don't know how. didn't expect anybody to want them either. but because you're asking i'll contact the minimal impact guy and see what he thinks. he might be reading now. hey
>>
>>61444587
Nice idea for a conceptual cassette tape, I was wondering what you meant by fake cassettes.

A lot of people seem to be concerned with buying physical formats (I am definitely guilty of this). Fake tapes like this are beneficial conceptually to your releases, drawing attention to your music via consumerist ideology, though without actually producing anything to buy, thus reducing negative ecological/environmental effects.
>>
>>61444773
uhhh yeah that's what i was going for... don't read my previous post
>>
>>61444800
Please do. I am basically trying to buy every HNW in sight
>>
>>61444772
side. Who is that minimal impact guy? Can you post a link to the label or something?
>>
I am an anxious and depressed wreck, is noise right for me?
>>
>>61444936
Sure it is, you want non-dynamic noise or something with a lot of dramatic crescendos and startling sounds?
>>
>>61444588
farts
>>
>>61445013

Dramatic crescendos and anxiety seem like a good pair
>>
>>61445073
duh, it's the most visceral. But seriously check out vàg - Music for Smoke Filled Elevators it is ambientish style of HNW. Very soft, great to drown out every unwanted sound.
>>
>>61444922
he posted some info in the previous thread. he organised the last comp
https://soundcloud.com/minimalimpactnoise
>>
>>61445159
after stalking everything I can find(mainly checking S27E152 bandcamp). I am deeply sorry, i can't buy your record cause postage fee from austrialia is like 4 to 5 times the cost of the record.
>>
>>61444800
>>61444772
Ah yeah that post was me. Definitely interested in releasing something solo from you once I get this label started. Below is info from the last thread (which strangely wasn't archived).

>I'm starting a Blogspot/Bandcamp label for limited local releases (mostly my own) and distribution of international releases. A net label will also accompany this on Soundcloud

>No dates set for these releases as of yet, though this is what I have in the works so far.

>***Distribution***
>S27E152 - A Desire to Fill (Lurker Bias)
>S27E152 - Unreleased Material - Newly Coloured (Self Released)
>S27E152/Chefkirk - Immediate Shred (Bicephalic Records)
>TILES/T L Split (Pro-Death)

>***MIN Releases***
>MIN01 - Strangler Fig/Industrial Hydrophobia Split
>MIN02 - TILES - Erotic Displays of the Belly and Hips

>***Singles***
>TILES vs Strangler Fig - Burpengary is a Suburb Which Causes Misanthropy, Oxley is Where I Celebrated and Overcame This (/mu/ noise compilation)

>>61445258
I definitely get what you mean. That is what the postage is like almost every time we have to buy something from overseas. I'll revise shipping soon though, once a Storenvy page is made. Spread the word though, I'd appreciate it!

If anyone else is interested, hmu over SC/BC/FB and I should respond. I'm off to finish a few tracks and will be back later today.
>>
>>61445346
>shipping
Well, it's not that awful. I mean buying anything from USA is much bigger pain in the ass(having to pay 10USD for 2UDS floppy n shit like that). Man, I can bitch about it whole day.
>>
>>61445346
yeah cool, not really focusing on it right now but i'll message you when i have something ready.
>>
>>61444856
https://nygatoria.bandcamp.com/album/wall-noise
here, be a good boy and buy my wall
>>
>>61446342
at least give one minute preview. Are you packages registered?
>>
>>61446793
it's an only physical released HNW
the point is that you don't get to listen to it before you get it, sorry if it's annoying or stuff.
what do you mean registered?
>>
Someone should release a limited edition noise album of one copy, but it's buried underground in a sealed box somewhere in the US. The website will detail instructions on where to go and each checkpoint along the way will have a clue leading to the next. There would be several of these checkpoints that lead all across the country. This would be the first noise album scavenger hunt. If more than one person gets to it at the same time, they combat to the death with their bare fists for the chance to dig into the ground and unearth the dirt encrusted box of noise.

The website will never reveal whether or not the album was ever discovered.
>>
>>61446855
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registered_mail
ain't gonna buy something that could not go to me. It had happen to me few times
>>
>>61446956
why am i thinking this could be some HNW album
>>
https://fzlue.bandcamp.com/releases
>>
>>61446956
Hmm great idea. I've thought of similar things before, so I'd probably try something like this in the future.
>>
>>61446956
>>61447086
Think about it, this would be a landmark in noise history. All the biggest noise fanatics will join in on the hunt and it will the greatest aural quest of all time. You could be in for a fist fight to the death with Dominick Fernow or Merzbow over the fucking thing. It's glorious.
>>
>>61447151
Problem is, you have to have some fame or otherwise no one is going to give a flying fuck
>>
>>61447173
No real noise fan would turn this quest down Anon
>>
>>61446978
http://www.posta.fo/en/letters-and-postal-services/letters/registered-letters/
is this is?
>>
>>61447190
depends where that real noise fan would live.
>>
>>61447202
yes it is
>>
>>61447151
My main problem would be location. Noise is so much bigger in the US and Europe than Australia, so I don't think there would be too many big names coming down here to find a CDr some guy hid in the woods or down a storm drain or whatever. I'd probably want to put it somewhere stupid difficult though, like in central queensland.
>>
>>61447237
I don't see the price for it there(link's broken) so I'm not sure if it's gonna be a lot more expensive than the price on bandcamp but I can make it a registered package.without any extra cost for you.
>>
File: 2741243.jpg (152 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
2741243.jpg
152 KB, 600x599
>>61430870
Venereology!!! So much better than Pulse Demon; I have no idea why PD receives so much attention when this exists
>>
>>61447383
Do you even listen to harsh noise, bruh?
>>
>>61446793
>>61446855
Black Cat has a physical only cassette. Do you reckon he'd mind if it was ripped and shared here?
>>
>>61447463
you mean Black Cat With Hearts in Purgatory We Burn? I am just wondering.
>>
>>61447692
Yeah. It's not a bad HNW album, might prompt more people to look into it.
>>
File: 7qQpo1_thumb.jpg (16 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
7qQpo1_thumb.jpg
16 KB, 220x220
post #nowplaying, lads
>>
File: cover.jpg (595 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
595 KB, 1500x1500
>>61448058
>>
shitty genre, you're all a bunch of tryhards and manchildren.
>>
>>61448385
cool
>>
>>61448385
>no new IP
how bored are you to try baiting the same thread again?
>>61448220
trying that first track and damn, not bad. Gunna give it a complete go when I'm down with vomir. What do you think of it so far?
>>
>>61448487

stfu racist
>>
>>61448546
>how bored are you to try baiting the same thread again?

got me thought this was a new thread. guess i'll go shitpost in another thread
>>
>>61444856
http://postlifeindustries.bigcartel.com/product/abortions-dishwasher-c60-cassette
senpai
>>
>>61448649
if you updated yr BC artwork to be like the cassette artwork, it'd be much easier to take the digital release more seriously.
>>
I want to put a track on the comp but I am very new to noise so I'd like to ask for an opinion on this rough draft of a track I have
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ni0DGmpySr
>>
>>61449390
I like it, sounds almost organic. If you're wanting to make this track longer, make sure to introduce some other elements, otherwise it could become stagnant. But yeah go for it definitely. Set up a soundcloud account some time for future too.
>>
>>61448679
>>61448679
What do you mean? There's supposed to be some humor in it but I take it very seriously regardless. I don't know how the cassette/digital artwork dichotomy makes a difference. I was working with a print mechanism that uses a limited amount of colors so the BC artwork wouldn't have been true to form if I had tried to replicate it. I also run the label so I want some consistent branding for physical releases. I see the artwork for digital releases as more liberated in that way. Simply two approaches for two mediums.
>>
>>61449561
Not him, but I'd agree. My digital releases often have different artwork, sometimes not even square, unless the release is based on using a cassette in some particular way. I can understand his comment though, using the tape art on SC would show that you take your material a little more seriously than uploading another picture, even if it does use the same artwork. Plus it sort of advertises the tape for purchase.
>>
>>61449746
Duly noted. That's interesting because I have always seen the digital artwork as the "true" artwork, and the CS release as requiring some way to tastefully mitigate the non-square space. I pretty much ripped off Ormolycka's designs on that basis. I like the way he integrates the square artwork into the cassette branding. I do graphic design as a profession though so that's my bias.
>>
>>61450037
It's all personal preference of course, either way can be justified. Sometimes if the same release has different artwork available, I use whatever matches the source of my digital download. A tape rip for example would use a scan of the tape art, considering its usually different.

I did notice the design similarities ;) Just been trawling through your SC and FB pages. Nice stuff
>>
Hey Eco Terror, I just tried to buy the new album and it looks like you removed it. What's up/Will it be back soon?
>>
>>61450418
Same to you, good sir! Can't wait to see what else you do.
>>
>>61450568
i thought it was finished but i was listening back and noticed some volume issues and things i wanted to fix. i'm working on it now, might have to listen to it a few times before it's ready. stay tuned
>>
>>61451341
Ah that's fine. Love your aesthetic and keep up the great work!
>>
File: inf.png (291 KB, 500x342) Image search: [Google]
inf.png
291 KB, 500x342
Wondering if anyone has any insight into the concept of Infrastructure Zero. I know it has partially to do with the Bosnian War, but I don't know that much about the war. It seems to also have traces of environmental pollution themes, but I don't know if any of that has to do with the above or if it's just a juxtapositioning. I'm especially curious if anyone has any idea about what "Jesus is Down There" is referring to.

>>61451373

Scratch last post, someone tagged that image wrong and it's actually from the Sierra Leone Anger tape.
>>
>>61426820
is that a CTK-3200? I have that, and I'm regretting getting it a little because it's got no MIDI port
>>
I have come from /metal/. I've listen to very few harsh noise albums, but liked most of them. What do you think I would like?

If nothing comes to mind, then just fuck my shit up.
>>
>>61452348
Merzbow & Balázs Pándi - Katowice
Vomir & Yoshihiro Kikuchi - Collaboration
The Rita/Bone Awl split
Striborg - Misanthropic Isolation & In The Heart Of The Rainforest

Also check out Whitehouse, Skullflower and Wolf Eyes for a bit of variation

>>61451770
As far as I know, its some no name mixer I picked up for $30. It says Omnitronic CM-740 on it. It has 4 RCA inputs, as well as two mic ports. It's actually damaged, and adds a layer of fuzz to anything run through it, so perfect for working with noise. I think it's a grounding issue, because occasionally I get zapped when using it.
>>
>>61452544
alright man thanks for being cool
>>
>>61452348
Take a listen to Vegas Martyrs' Vancouver Missing Women

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oi3_pW4pg4
>>
>>61452698
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oi3_pW4pg4
added to the list
>>
>>61447383
personal taste my dude. venereology is one of my least favorite merzbow albums and PD one of my favorites and I own a ton
>>
>>61452698
by the way is this by any chance a concept album about all the native women who are almost definitely killed by serial killers or something

I live in Canada and this is a big issue

the police are just
eating donuts i guess
>>
>>61453293
It's about Gary Ridgway's killings. The other Vegas Martyrs albums (with the exception of Harlot Widow) are also about serial killers, with titles named after various drugs.
>>
>>61453376
>serial killers

I should say particularly against women that is
>>
>>61453376
i started listening to this first
it is amazing
Thank You
>>
found this japanese harsh noise label on blogspot, anyone know if they're reputable?
>>
File: DSCN0587.jpg (397 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0587.jpg
397 KB, 1600x1200
>>61455584
You bet your sweet ass they are, Lust Vessel does amazing releases

Distro has some very good stuff in it too
>>
>>61455641
nice, definitely gonna make some orders soon.
>>
I listen to a lot of shoegaze and drone, but I've been getting into noise lately. Do you guys have any recs for wall of sound type noise stuff?
>>
>>61455809
I'm assuming you've heard Yellow Swans before? The Rita, Vomir and C.C.C.C are all good to check out too.
>>
>>61456193
I was actually just about to check out C.C.C.C for the first time. I'll listen to Vomir and the Rita too. Thanks
>>
>>61456261
The latter are very much a wall of sound, while C.C.C.C are a bit more psychadelic. Check out Hijokaidan too if you like them.
>>
>>61456292
Will do. Is noise drone a thing? I've been making some drone stuff for a while now and I've started implementing noise elements. I was wondering if there's much of that stuff out there already.
>>
>>61456371
I always see people post noise/drone tracks in SC threads, when they are really two different things. Noise often relies on dynamics and texture to create sound, whereas drone is a constant note or chord. I'm no expert, but I guess Harsh Noise Wall is almost a mixture of the two, in that it has noisy textures and unchanging dynamics. There is a softer variation of this known as Ambient Noise Wall too, though I don't know any specific practitioners of it.
>>
>>61456482
That's kind of what I had in mind. I'll look into that as well, thanks.
>>
File: 1451719419660.png (3 KB, 343x543) Image search: [Google]
1451719419660.png
3 KB, 343x543
>>61455584
>>
gentle bump with mother dolorosa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8Ur3Th0BRw
>>
why are there so many racist noise and power electronics bands? pretty lame
>>
>>61459559
to piss other people off. Can't you tell? Of course there are few who are really racist(brethren) but most noisicians I know are either gay or left-wing
>>
File: cover real2.png (85 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
cover real2.png
85 KB, 700x700
13+ hour noise dump made entirely in MATLAB

https://ddx-10.bandcamp.com/album/spv-laboratories-vol-2
>>
>>61460364
I am uneable to listen to all of it, but I think that in first one that squishy texture drags out too long, like it it would be "organic" cut-up noise i wouldn't mind too much, but here in digital medium this doesn't look too good.
>>
>>61456543
>>61456482
The only ambient noise wall artist I know of is vág who has two albums: music for smoke filled elevators and disposal. Both consist of a handful of relatively short walls.
>>
>>61459559
containing =/= condoning, you fucking retard
>>
>>61461679

why are you defending racists? are you a racist yourself? so many questions I have.. why are you so angry at life? how does a simple question make someone so angry and resort to spewing hatred?
>>
>>61461679
>>61461752
so who wants to piss off who? Pissing each other off at the same time is not a good idea, so please enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIZr6Qnw1g8
>>
>>61461752
i'll just greentext this to reiterate because it clearly went completely over your head

>containing =/= condoning
>>
>>61461788

i'm not here to piss anyone off the guy called me a retard for no reason. just found it extremely defensive
>>
>>61461752
because we are tired of having to answer for artist's political sensibilities.

i am not right-wing or racist in the slightest, it doesn't take a genius to enjoy art at a distance.

tard.
>>
>>61461843

hmmm, racists defending racists. stay classy /mu/
>>
>>61461826
doesn't matter. As you can see. POWER electronics. You can't invoke extreme feeling while talking about flowers 'n shit. To be honest I really want to see PE from the perspective of a victim or PE talking about queer-life(good, this so much, there's got to be some power transtronics)
>>
>>61461752
>>61461826
i called you a retard because that literalistic approach to music and art is *incredibly* narrow minded and ultimately pro-censorship

as a recording engineer and producer i've had to fight tooth and nail for weeks on end against label executives with the same completely fucking shallow approach to music and it is very, very tiring and disheartening when people like this are in the business

>>61461853
containing

is

not

condoning

why is this so difficult for you to comprehend
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 700x700
Hey guys I made this album:
https://pagodamast.bandcamp.com/album/nagato
Still new to making noise so I'm down for any and all feedback
>>
>>61461870
>containing
>is
>not
>condoning

you're right
it's promoting.
>>
>>61461870

Awfully defensive there, bud. Why do you think racism is ok? I'm curious.
>>
>>61461881
promoting is just an active verb for condoning. which it is not.

at best you could argue it's perpetuating, but that's only due to ignorant reception on an audience's end.
>>
>>61461868
It's honestly easier to listen to when it comes from a perspective of power. PE from the victim's perspective seems like it would be harrowing as fuck, I do wish more people did it however, but the prevalence of masculine/racist PE might make them feel less at ease with getting into the genre.
>>
>>61461905
are you trolling at this point? have you listened to anything i've said?
>>
>>61461932

I've read everything you posted and you're promoting and defending racism. My question is why do you listen to racist artists and why do you think racism is ok?
>>
>>61461876
i remember you from some other /noise/ thead. Words "new to making noise" and "tracks over 6 minutes" don't really fit well.
I think the first track is very shippy, like there is the ocean and from time to time you can that WUUUUUU-ship-thing. But too long and to static. I mean HNW would be fun, but this ain't no HNW.

>>61461925
>first half
okay i agree
>second
what is puce mary? I think you don't get it. Most PE-folks aren't really racist. They just want to fuck with people. For example Best(he wanted to piss people off since he was 14, like listen to Public Attack 3).
>>
>>61461954
I listen to racist artists because racism has power and makes me feel a type of way. I listen to music to feel emotions. I feel dead inside most of the time anyway.

I don't think racism is 'ok' but I find interest in extreme viewpoints from all ends of the political spectrum.

White nationalism is as interesting as the Nation of Islam.

tard.
>>
>>61461978
>I think you don't get it. Most PE-folks aren't really racist.

I know that, even though I enjoy a lot of those kind of artists (and even the artists that probably are super serious), I was just thinking about why we don't see more artists like Puce Mary, and it might be that some people who would normally be into it get put off without thinking about how much is just provocation.
>>
>>61434647
anthony braxton and wolf eyes worked together
>>
>>61461954
i'm neither promoting nor defending racism.. i don't support racism. in fact i'm vehemently anti-racism.

art however, has the right to reflect reality. racism, war, genocide, and hatred is a part of reality, no matter how ugly and horrific it is. it's very rare that PE and noise artists *genuinely* hold racist or facist beliefs, but rather they address these issues through art. to stifle and censor these themes is to empower them further, by putting them in a position that affirms their impact.

in the case that people who do hold these beliefs create art, they still have the right to express themselves. it's a case by case basis that these releases need to be controlled and distributed only in the channels by which they deserve to exist. that is, not in public, and in a context that will actively create abuse. censorship is not the answer. controlled distribution is.
>>
File: wake me up.jpg (66 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
wake me up.jpg
66 KB, 1024x768
>>61462055
>>61462000

It's funny seeing racists try to prove they're not racist.
>>
>>61462000
This. Very much this.
There's only a few people who listen to stuff like Boyd Rice and Con-Dom that actually hold fascist or social darwinist views.
>>
>>61462040
Well, I don't think women are into that stuff. Not because they can't wrap their head around it but because they are conditioned to "dislike" it.(Won't write more cause /pol/-tier discussion may occur)
Anyway, you can't expect much when the defining band wanted to "bludgeon audience into submission".
>>
>>61462106
if you're not willing to engage in an active and constructive discussion that benefits us both then fuck off

at this point you're putting your fingers in your ears and shouting
>>
>>61462115
Yeah, I see where you're coming from and it seems plausible.
>>
>>61462040
>without thinking about how much is just provocation.
can you blame them? it's honestly very hard to be nuanced when PE artist co-opt white supremacy. you simply don't get the same message across different audiences, a provocation to a majority might seem like downright hostility to a minority, and it's best to err on the side of caution, honestly.
>>
>>61462115
Who are some good female PE artists?
I know Puce Mary, Sarah Froelich, and Pharmakon.
>>
>>61462133
You're a living meme
>>
>>61462166
back to /mu/ please

feel free to explore art and cultural issues further in a few years time when you've finished developing as a person
>>
>>61462160
hell if I know, I am not too much into PE. sorry
>>
>>61462166
If you're going to try and approach a topic like racism in music then don't act surprised or dismissive when somebody takes you seriously.
>>
I've found that I really like listening to HNW while I'm at work. Can anyone recommend me more HNW stuff like Vomir, Impregnable, or The Rita?
>>
>>61462150
No I certainly don't blame them. I had a pretty long talk with my wife a few weeks ago about a similar thing with racist imagery in a lot of the music I listen to.

She asked me if I thought that I would like them if I wasn't white, and I couldn't give a definite answer; on one hand I am in love with the sounds of the music, and on the other I could see myself feeling personally attacked if I were black/whatever.

In the end the discussion just became me putting on Deathkey records and talking about Throne but it did give me pause for a while.
>>
File: 1386797587445.jpg (64 KB, 484x534) Image search: [Google]
1386797587445.jpg
64 KB, 484x534
>>61462166
this >>61462224

>bring up racism
>aaahh sincerity
>>
>>61462106
>>61462166
Care to actually articulate yourself?
>>
>>61462246
joli, vag, echolaliac, the cherry point, HNWar, Signora Ward Records
>>
>>61462246
also forgot, vilgoć is really great. I am not at all reccing you obscure shit from my country.
>>
File: R-493586-1131398089.jpg (78 KB, 476x473) Image search: [Google]
R-493586-1131398089.jpg
78 KB, 476x473
Have the winter break /mu/ kids left now?

Can we talk about noise again?
>>
File: Prurient-Frozen-Niagara-Falls.jpg (91 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
Prurient-Frozen-Niagara-Falls.jpg
91 KB, 560x560
This album sounds like when you're sobering up on the el station at 3AM after you're heart's been violently broken, waiting for a train that isn't going to show up for another half hour, futilely trying to stay warm under the heat lamps in the middle of a particularly brutal winter.
>>
>>61462306
>>61462346
Awesome, thanks.
>>
>>61462357
There's like 3 or 4 people who are posting in /noise/ on a regular basis, and a couple others who show up every once in a while but aren't regulars, who actually know what they're talking about and can keep a solid discussion going.
When these people are absent(as they are now) the threads tend to be pretty worthless.

Killer Bug is great though. You gonna be seeing him in Ohio next summer?

>>61462460
>This album sounds like when you're sobering up on the el station at 3AM after you're heart's been violently broken, waiting for a train that isn't going to show up for another half hour

Been there, done that.
>>
>>61462512
>66 individual IP
other anon here. Come on. I mostly talk here to find new interesting labels/records/artists/anything.
>>
>>61462460
Decent summary. The liner notes actually read, "Listen at night while snow falls silently under street lights."

Have you heard much Fernow before? I ask because FNF found its way into the hands of Pitchfork and Fantano kids, few of whom took it seriously or had even heard noise before. It seems most of those put it on their year-end lists for posturing and forgot about it, though there are a handful who actually found something genuine and explored noise further.
>>
>>61462246
Dead Body Collection
>>61462266
I'm going to offer my opinion since I ain't white: I don't care strongly for it.

In the long run, I view the subject matter most PE artists deal with as something they're just yelling about. I find myself much more worried about the effects of active racists within my immediate every day life than anything an artist might be recording. They have no effect on me other than slight disgust if they are in earnest. Either way, I will not pay for their material, even if I do end up liking it.
>>
>>61462246
Evenings' Descending Coma is pretty good. Listen to it loudly.
>>
>>61461954
>replying to obvious b8

come on /noise/ you're better than this
>>
>>61462751
not in this state, i am bored enough to reply to
>she
>>
>>61462548
That's happened with a couple fernow releases now hasn't it?
>>
>>61462548
I haven't tbqh, I've been into noise as a genre for a while but I sort of convinced myself his output wasn't to my tastes. So basically I gave Bermuda Drain a listen once, hated it and thought that's what his discography was like. How wrong. Now I'm circling back to his earlier stuff and enjoying it.
>>
>>61462948
Not who you were talking to but I did that with a couple artists too, most notably merzbow.
>>
>>61462982
yet another anon. Yes, merzbow is scary because he has very large discography and changes his sound every few years.
>>
Can noise be mostly quiet and still good? Are there any quiet noise albums I should take a look at?
>>
>>61463008
That and I heard either merzbird or merzbient while I was still only into really angry PE and made some weird assumption that his entire discography was like that. I've since revisited those albums and appreciate them more.
>>
>>61463114
vag's HNW is quiet. Rogue Astronaut is pretty dynamic and mostly quiet. Utsuroi is only very dynamic but has a lot of quiet spots.
>>
>>61463176
I remember I was drifting off to sleep listening to Vág but then a track came on that was way louder than the others and it woke me the fuck up
>>
>>61463422
well, it happens.
>>
>>61448220
this was actually pretty good, would rec to everyone here.
>>
>>61462764
Not an excuse
>>
File: merzbow (3).jpg (32 KB, 329x256) Image search: [Google]
merzbow (3).jpg
32 KB, 329x256
would you have rather lived in the era of mozart and get to hear him directly or live in the current year in the glorious era of merzbow and hear the japanese masters of the classical post-hiroshima noise period?
>>
File: cover.jpg (770 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
770 KB, 1500x1500
>>61464354
It wasn't meant to be one.
>>61464372
never really had any interest in mozart-style classical so i'd obviously chose glorious era of merc
>>
File: R-3860861-1347216613-9024.jpg (260 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
R-3860861-1347216613-9024.jpg
260 KB, 600x600
>>61463123
merzbird is playful beats based loops noise stuff, merzbient a whole other thing.

merzbient is probably my desert island merzbow selection. as a collection it is a masterpiece.

it doesn't go into the harsh wall of rushing supersonic space noise of many of his albums/sets but it's still not easy listening.

all the material is from his older work that he put aside or used in other things but i feel there's something very special about the merzbient release, something worth waiting to find the right time to release it and with the right aesthetic.

i listen to it as an elaborate tibetan monk ritual. or as soundtrack to a kurosawa film.
>>
>>61431214
>>61431097

Does it interest someone if i post a current version of what i'm doing? I have little no no experience in producing noise
>>
>>61467319
post it, i can listen to it and check out what I think is wrong.
>>
File: 1402775868975.jpg (54 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1402775868975.jpg
54 KB, 640x640
>245 replies
>haven't seen a noise thread for days now
gonna head to the Chipotle down the street in awhile to grab somethin to eat, what's the best combo to go with Propergol
>>
>>61462512
>You gonna be seeing him in Ohio next summer?
Not that dude, but fuck yeah!
>>
>>61467569

Here it goes
https://clyp.it/jwq215sn
>>
>>61468091
professional expertise of someone who can't focus at noise track unless it's very short or HNW.
I like that transmutation of cars sounds into melodic drone and then letting the car-sounds go away. imo it's sounds like a being trapped in car while there is fucking storm and radiostations are buzzing. Also texture doesn't drag for too long. That change at around 3:something is nice. Now it's more like being near electricity cables. Not trapped but walking alongside, not sure what comes next. And then the noise. Very apocalyptic, execution of the climax is great but i think introduction and the middle lacks direction a bit also maybe, i think, you should cut the climax more abruptly to create contrast between harsh and quiet section.
Just my opinion, don't take it too personally.
>>
>>61468373

Thanks senpai
I'll work on it or just make another track i don't know
>>
>>61468874
FUCK YOU
>>
File: cover.jpg (44 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
44 KB, 500x500
Nothing comes close.

This is his best.
>>
one of my favorite noise songs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2hGwOkTqAs
>>
>>61469345
you got a DL link?
>>
>>61469293
huh?
>>
>>61469441
soulseek does
>>
>>61467906
Right on. That whole lineup is incredible, definitely the best NA noise festival of the year. At least unless the RLD crew manage to really outdo themselves.

>>61469345
It's a toss-up between Fossil, the Hanson self-titled LP and Cocaine Death for me, at least as long as we're sticking with the "major statement" releases as opposed to the more low-profile and limited material.
>>
>>61469532
some don't like noise posted here
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.