[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vinylls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 91OZN9lmo4L._SL1500_.jpg (393 KB, 1500x1489) Image search: [Google]
91OZN9lmo4L._SL1500_.jpg
393 KB, 1500x1489
Whats the appeal of vinyll's? My gf has one and the mp3s on my phone sound better. I don't get it. The pops and clicks are so annoying.
>>
They're romantic. There's something very nice about putting a record on. It's hard to explain.
>>
>>61421844
>vinyll's
jesus christ
>>
Large album art
Some people enjoy physical media
Tangible collections are more rewarding than "look at my 12TB of music" to some
>>61421865
and however strange the word romantic is for this, i'd agree.
>>
>>61421844
I don't buy music but I imagine it's just a hobby like stamp collecting
>>
>>61421865
>>61421936
Thats stupid. My gf record player looks like a suitcase. Wish it had a usb port on it so I could listen to my music. She has fn Justin Timberlake... I wanna smash that fucking thing.
>>
>>61422017
>Thats stupid
Well, I guess we're done here.
>>
>>61421878
Right? I don't get the appeal.
>>
To me, it adds value to music. I love the feeling of putting a record on, it gives so much more meaning to the listening of music compared to chucking a Spotify playlist on. Vinyls are also very expensive, so I can only buy my very favourite albums. I do also like the large cover art a lot as well.

I just feel its a more tangible experience, a record player amp and speakers is an expensive investment, and that's before you even buy any music. I can listen to anything on Spotify any time of day, but its not special.

I understand some people don't get it though, its a huge money sink and very inconvenient.
>>
>>61421865
This

Also it sounds more like the artist's original recording, almost like they're sort of inside the record player. It's much less compressed.

Also, I like me pops and clicks.
>>
>>61422017
>My gf record player looks like a suitcase.
it's probably a shitty crosley with built in speakers
>>
>>61422017
Your gf has a shit set-up, this thread is probably bait desu
>>
>>61422017
>>61421844
leave
>>
>has a gf
>expects to understand vinyl
you'll never understand
>>
>>61422092
>Also it sounds more like the artist's original recording
No, that is CD. CD offers a more accurate sonic depiction of the recording. Yes, digital uses very short samples to build up the entire sound, but the snippets are correct, while the equivalent vinyl pressing is continuous but a less accurate reproduction
>>
>>61422092
This is bullshit. You're trying to convince me a fucking needle rubbing across a piece of plastic can produce a more accurate sound than high tech digital equipment? Don't be delusional.
>>
File: 1444865682711s.jpg (2 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1444865682711s.jpg
2 KB, 100x100
>>61422676
>>
>>61421865
I would call it more of a ritual. Whatever it is, I enjoy it and have for sometime. Part of the fun for me is not only buying new vinyl, but hunting for stuff at thrift stores etc. Finding and LP that you want in near mint condition for $1 is a pretty good time.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.