[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm planing on starting a vinyl collection, but don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (235 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
235 KB, 1136x640
I'm planing on starting a vinyl collection, but don't know what turntable to get? Playing on getting a lp 120, but I don't know if it good enough? What's a turntable that's not too expensive, yet, not cheap and shitty
>>
>>61421391
there are better turntables than the LP 120 for about the same price but you can't really go wrong with it. Just make sure you don't get the lp60 or any turntable without anti-tracking/counterwieghts
>>
If you are gonna spend like three hundred dollars just get like a u turn.
>>
READ THE STICKY
E
A
D

T
H
E

S
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
C R A I G S L I S T
R
A
I
G
S

L
I
S
T
>>
Is an Onkyo CP-1150F a good buy.
>>
>>61421425
So should I keep with it or get somthing else?
>>
>>61421495
how much?
>>61421505
If you get the lp 120 you might want to replace the cartridge, but its not a bad player. It has good enough sound quality but mainly it doesn't kill you recordslike the lp60 does. Used record players from the 70s are likely better and cheaper, but you'd have to research them individually.
>>
get a technics 1200

best sturdy rock solid turntable ever made. anyone who was anyone used these in the day.
>>
>>61421642
What if I don't replace the cartridge? Or is it just a suggestion?
>>
>>61421697
this, the lp 120 is a modern copy of the technics 1200, but isnt as good sonically
>>
>>61421736
Its a suggestion. It will sound better. I had the 120 but never bothered switching the cartridge because my speakers were medicore and it wouldnt have been worth it for me. The 120 is perfectly fine and the only reason you would need to get a much better player is if you're an audiophile
>>
>>61421642
Buying the Onkyo for $75, shipping included
>>
>>61421919
um, i'd be suspicious of it at that price, but if it works it should be a good buy, that being said...if you buy used, you need to get a new cartridge
>>
lp 120 is shit unless you want to pretend to be a DJ and scratch your records to look cool.

If you want a cheap, but good quality higher end turntable get a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon
>>
>>61422220
thats like 100 dollars more than what is already a decent turntable in the 120, fuk off queer
>>
>>61422140
It's used but the cartridge is a somewhat-new Grado cartridge with an unused stylus
>>
>>61422268
120 may be decent, but the Debut is better quality and can have components like the phono box or cartridge swapped out if you decide to upgrade components over time.
>>
>>61422383
alright, that works
>>61422415
fair enough
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.