[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since I've been getting older i have been listening to music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 220px-Colors1.jpg (15 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
220px-Colors1.jpg
15 KB, 220x220
Since I've been getting older i have been listening to music less and less. I'm trying to find another album like pic related (between the buried and me, colors) that will get me back into music. Any sugestions? anyone went through this kind of phase?
Currently checking out Cryptopsy, they're sounding pretty good.
>>
>>61419980
I also like the zenith passage and the faceless (planetary duality)
>>
Bath/Leaving Your Body Map by maudlin of the Well
Fables of the Sleepless Empire by Unexpect
Roads to the North by Panopticon
maybe these will be alright for u
>>
Try distancing yourself from metal. Listen to other genres
It's the only way to enjoy listening to music again
>>
>>61420403
checking out unexpect now. They're sounding good. thanks.
>>
>>61419980
I'm going through the same kind of thing. I'll be twenty two this year, and I've just cut out a lot of what I listen to and really have like five albums I listen to at this point, those being Close to the Edge, Feels, Laughing Stock, Yerself Is Steam, and Europe '72. Everything else just feels kind of futile, like I could be listening to something better. Listening to new music for the most part feels like a waist of time because I don't expect anything to be as good as those albums, unless we're getting into classical shit like Debussy, which accounts for about fifty percent of what I listen to these days, the other fifty percent being those albums I mentioned. I feel like the only place to go from here is the realm of classical.
>>
>>61419980
>>61420403
gonna second maudlin of the well

Kayo Dot

Cynic
>>
>>61420523
I tend to hear a lot of top 40s and rap by being around other people. I refuse to listen to dubstep. I also like anything from jazz to baroque. But nothing really hits the spot like it used to.
last cd i got really in to was The Big Dirty by Every time I Die.
>>
>>61420560
correction i'm not listening to Unexpect. i meant maudlin of the well. Are all their cds worth a listen?
>>
>>61420601
I had a friend that told me there's a lot of good modern classical that's still coming out.
>>
>>61420720
I'd say all of them with My Fruit Psychobells being the weakest. Part the Second is quite a different approach than Bath/Leaving Your Body Map but still I'm amazed by what they can pull off. Unfortunately that's all they have pretty much :(
>>
>>61420834
bath/leaving your body map are more btbam but omg Part the Second is sounding amazing.
>>
I looked through the archive and saw that the only 200+ posts were kpop threads. Thought you guys were all neets but this board has a lot of good taste.
>>
>>61419980
I was huge on their Alaska album way back.

Try Cloudkicker Beacons
here are some eps
Intronaut's Null and Void
Baroness's First and Second
Botch's Anthology of Dead Ends

Maybe some more aggressive stuff
Nails Abbandon All Life
Pig Destroyer Prowler in the Yard
>>
>>61421751
thanks ill check it out. Have you got a chance to listen to Baroness's purple album? I haven't yet but heard it was better than yellow/green
>>
>>61422295
I just dl'ed it from the current sharethread. Baroness hasn't clicked for me since Red if that's a clue for how solid their first material was.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.