[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Joy Division
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: joy_division_600w.jpg (224 KB, 1781x1000) Image search: [Google]
joy_division_600w.jpg
224 KB, 1781x1000
Do you like Joy Division, if yes, what is your favorite song from them ?
>>
Pleb answer but I'd have to say Love Will Tear Us Apart

Recently saw the Joy Division biopic. It was fucking good.
>>
The Eternal. You're a pleb if you don't like the "Closer" B-Side
>>
Love a whole lot of their tracks, but my top favorites are Heart And Soul, Transmission, The Kill, New Dawn Fades, and Decades
>>
>no Disorder
It sounds like nothing else on the album
>>
File: Joy+Division+gretton.png (902 KB, 1390x779) Image search: [Google]
Joy+Division+gretton.png
902 KB, 1390x779
>>61419407
i'm a big fan I love every song

I like Ian's voice a lot, whether it be with or without his accent. I believe 100% everything he's saying at all times and it feels like I'm going inside his head. Ian Curtis and Stefan Burnett are my fave vocalists t͏͏b͏͏h senpai

>>61419542
>Joy Division biopic
yeah it's great, I also recommend 24 Hour Party People

it's a bit more fictional but it's REALLY good if you like the music & scene from that whole time period. Arguably a bit more realistic depiction of Ian as well.
>>
24 Hours or Shadowplay
>>
>>61419407
day of the nerds is their best song imo
>>
People always talk about Joy Division being really depressing but I always thought there were plenty of artists that channeled the hopeless/suicidal atmosphere, but I recently sat down and listened to Decades. That is the most heartbreaking song I've ever heard in my life. It's literally the sound of hitting 40 and still being miserable, having missed out on any chance to not be that way.

I have a lot of friends with mental illness so it hit me really hard, I can't really listen to it very often.
>>
>Dat beautiful guitar on Shadowplay
>>
Joy Division was about homosexuality
>>
>>61419407
My favorite song is either Dead Souls or Shadowplay.

Also Closer > Unknown Pleasures but they're both great albums
>>
>>61421257

HERE ARE THE YOUNG MEN, THE WEIGHTS ON THEIR SHOULDERS
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.