[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the Beatles track listing on Spotify so shitty? They could
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: beatles-spotify.jpg (110 KB, 1024x636) Image search: [Google]
beatles-spotify.jpg
110 KB, 1024x636
Why is the Beatles track listing on Spotify so shitty? They could at least have the mono versions on there.
>>
why the fuck would you want one sound (mono) when you could have 2 sounds (stereo)
>>
>>61417314
>being this pleb
>>
>>61417295
mono isnt down with the kids anon
>>
Mono versions are clearly superior

>tfw drums only in one ear
>>
>>61417314
You obviously know nothing about how the Beatles recorded their albums
>>
>>61417314
fucking stereo mixing ruined revolver for me, i hope you enjoy drums in one ear and guitar in the other one
>>
I wish the vastly superior single version of Revolution was on there. I'd link to it but they seem to have taken it off YouTube as well
>>
>plays Abbey Road
>skips Maxwell's Silver Hammer

feels good man
>>
>>61417567
Is the Past Masters comp not on there? Fuuuuuck that.
>>
>>61418408
Oh, wait, you're right, I'm just a moron. Thanks I thought that was on Anthology 1-3 (which isn't there).
>>
>>61418299
>implying Maxwell's Silver Hammer isn't the best song in the album
>>
>>61418509
>implying Maxwell's Silver Hammer isn't the worst song on any album
>>
>>61417556
was revolver initially recorded in mono?
>>
>>61418558
Litterally every beatles album was.
>>
>>61418612
Everything prior to The White Album was intended to be listened in mono with the stereo mixes being afterthoughts.
>>
>>61417314
Why are retards replying to this seriously?
>>
>>61418672
why do you give a shit what the artist intended?

if the beatles told you to cum all over your records before playing them would you do it?
>>
>>61418786
Because the stereo mixes are kinda shitty senpai
>>
I think the stereo mixes for Revolver and Rubber Soul are fine

those first four albums, though, are seriously grating to listen to in stereo

the separation is so wide you can drive a truck through it, and they sound so SHRILL, it's painful
>>
>>61418786
>if the beatles told you to cum all over your records before playing them would you do it?
If George Martin told me to with his sexy voice I would.
>>
>>61418786
yes
>>
is there a list of the best versions of certain albums listing all the differences?
>>
>>61417511
W O R S T
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.