[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VAPORWAVE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: vaporwave.jpg (55 KB, 500x563) Image search: [Google]
vaporwave.jpg
55 KB, 500x563
What is vaporwave?

Can someone recommend any "must listens" of the genre?

Someone told me that if I liked Hotline Miami's aesthetic and soundtrack, I would like vaporwave too. Is that true?
>>
i think youre looking for synthwave. also learn to use google. now go away.
>>
Slowed down 80s synth heavy pop with extra effects and beats or slow synthy electronic music with no samples

Macintosh plus - 420 some Japanese shit

Aesthetic - kind of
Actual music - not necessarily
>>
File: UuqU3AA.jpg (965 KB, 1890x2700) Image search: [Google]
UuqU3AA.jpg
965 KB, 1890x2700
>>61417230

I found this image, but I dont understand what the various subgenres are.

Obviously I can guess what "Vaportrap" and "Vaporhop" are, but can someone explain the others to me?
>>
more like vaporGRAVE
l0l
>>
memes
>>
vaporwave makes me feel lonely

like ive fallen out of a boat, and people are shouting for me but I'm underwater now and they sound muffled and quiet.

You know?
>>
>>61417189
90% of vaporwave is chopped and screwed music, usually sampling 80's 90's and early 2000's stuff.
Vaporwave is really slow and repetative, soif you like Hotline Miami stuff try Chillwave and Synthpop music. But if you want a must listen try Disconscious - Hologram Plaza.
>>
>>61417287
Synthwave isn't connected to vaporwave at all, mate.

Proto-vapor basically is the godfathers of vaporwave, I.E. James Ferraro, Daniel Lopatin etc.

Vektroid is a woman who released some essential vaporwave artists under a bunch of different names (inb4 >woman)

"Hypnagogic" is a stupid fucking buzzword vaportards stole from Hypnagogic Pop which is similar in idea and way different in culture, execution and style. It just means vaporwave. Don't worry about it.

Future funk is to vaporwave what french house is to house.
>>
i hope i can get viynl of the machintosh plus albums
>>
>>61417414
>>61417507

why do people always say "vaporwave is dead" or "its just memes"?

i think its beautiful. like >>61418034
>>
>>61418372
because it consintly changes or somthing. each step it changes is diffrent and it.s hard to telll if it is just edm or vapor wave
>>
>>61417287
Wow, it literally fucking says what they are in the information box. Stop being lazy.
>>
File: listening right now.png (658 KB, 667x555) Image search: [Google]
listening right now.png
658 KB, 667x555
>>61418144
>But if you want a must listen try Disconscious - Hologram Plaza.
this anon knows his shit

want me to upload it to mega for you, OP?
>>
>>61419641

its fine, i have the bandcamp
>>
Chuck person eccojams
>>
Look into Synthwave / Retrowave

I haven't listened to vaporwave for a while but I listen to unitr∆_∆udio every now and then
https://soundcloud.com/unitraaudio
>>
>>61417287
there's a mega link floating around somewhere. check the archives. it has all the albums in the picture
>>
File: 1344622634_bot.jpg (62 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1344622634_bot.jpg
62 KB, 400x400
There's a vaporwave essentials chart on Google if you look. It's not on my phone and I'm too lazy to get it.
My favorite vaporwave album of all time right here.
>>
I just want you all to know that if you take vaporwave seriously your taste in music is a joke
>>
File: thoughtful gorilla.jpg (15 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
thoughtful gorilla.jpg
15 KB, 300x199
>>61419844

>"stop liking things i dont like!"

hmm, convincing argument
>>
>>61419844
Good to know the spirit of hating everyone's taste is in full force on this lovely board.
>>
>>61417287
all of those are on here.
http://vaporwaveultra.tumblr.com

you can stream any of them on bandcamp.
>>
>>61419887
not him and i love the genre but it seems like some treat it like its so deep and i can't help but to roll my eyes. listening to it can feel very intimate and i understand that. anyways, it looks like everyday theres people who are suddenly interested and to them i say, have fun and don't be afraid to do some digging on your own.

question, does anyone listen to this sober? i don't.
>>
>>61417189
visit these forums: http://vaporwave.freeforums.net/
>>
>>61417287

>Including R Plus Seven
>Not Including Old Tunes

BoC are the fathers of vaporwave man..
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.