[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think about electroswing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 254605_l.jpg (22 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
254605_l.jpg
22 KB, 350x350
What does /mu/ think about electroswing
>>
>>61413920
its the steampunk of EDM
>>
cancer
>>
Better than hip hop.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>61413920
fedora genre
>>
That sounds kind of interesting. Are there MIDI solos?
>>
>>61413920
I'd go to a concert for it, but not let anyone I know know about it.
>>
some groups are pretty cool

the fanbase is autistic as fuck
>>
>>61413920
if a genre could be a men's rights activist
>>
>>61413962
literally any hip hop album will work to do that
>>
>>61414728
kek
>>
A sonic fedora
>>
it should be banned
>>
I've enjoyed what I've listened to. I do not intend to go deeper. Don't really want to meet another person that listens to it from what I've heard.
>>
>>61414924
b8
>>
Just awful, worst fan base. Third wave Burning Man kids with horrible taste are into this shit
>>
There are some good electro swing groups, but I'd imagine going to an electro swing show would be a test of patience.
>>
Was really into it a year ago. Still enjoy it from time to time. Recently bought the new Caravan Palace album.
>>
Depends.

The genre's a mess anyway. You've got the lounge music with live electronic filters and effects like old Caravan Palace (fine), then you've got the synthetic, sampled jazz music clips stitched together à la Parov Stellar (kinda lame, but listenable like samples in rap music)
And then you have the real fedora shit with fags with saxophones and pianos performing with dubstep vomiting man children with suit vests over their v-necks and chains on their skinny jeans.

I still listen to Caravan Palace, and I occasionally glance in the direction of a Parov Stellar album, but apart from that, I care not for the genre, nor do I care to look for other artists.
>>
>>61413920
MRA fedora tipping core
Cringeworthy

I mean why would you listen to this poorly orchestrated macbook produced shit instead of, say, actual swing music?
Because you're trying too hard to go over the edge and come across as a cool and modern classy gentleman AND you have absolutely no knowledge of EDM or swing music
>>
caravan palace is enjoyable, it's too gimmicky overall to take seriously tho

let's be honest tho, the vitriol is more because of the stigma of 'being a fan of _____' as is often the case here. which is just as much tryhard BS as the fans in the first place. it's also especially hypocritical given the ridiculous meme genres that have gained a following here over the years (lolicore and vaporwave come to mind immediately)
>>
I think its hilarious a board that actually pretends rap has artistic merit and listens to grunge and waifupop has the audacity to shit on any other genres at all.
>>
>>61417738
Completely agree with you.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.