[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Queen pleb or patrician? were they really talented or just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: grüur.jpg (22 KB, 399x400) Image search: [Google]
grüur.jpg
22 KB, 399x400
Is Queen pleb or patrician?
were they really talented or just overrated?
Let's discuss
>>
>>61413290

Really great, but they had a fair share of stinkers.
>>
pleb but underrated
>>
>>61413337
this
>>
>>61413290
Incredibly overrated but once in a blue moon they had an alright song.
They were talented, but I always felt their sound was much too grandiose and polished without ever holding much substance. Just my opinion
>>
Freddie was god-tier frontman 2bh
>>
>>61413290
Great, but their fanbase if awful. Most of them only have Greatest Hits and don't even know most of their proper albums. I think their best songs were deep cuts.
>>
Talented but I really have no interest.

Abba were better.
>>
>>61413390
cringe
>>
>>61413365
and the lyrics were goddam awful
>>
>>61413408
hey man I noticed you don't like Queen or anyone else liking Queen and I wanted to know how hard and fast you want me to slobber your knob
>>
>>61413438
>le they're fanbase is awful, they only listen to great hits
>i listen to deep songs XD
>they suck LMAO

cringe
>>
File: Bjipster.jpg (140 KB, 700x460) Image search: [Google]
Bjipster.jpg
140 KB, 700x460
>>61413534
>Not knowing what deep cuts means

Troll or you haven't been here very long and like to throw buzzwords
>>
Not particularly pleb nor patrician. Leaning towards patrician, but plebier than David Bowie.
>>
Bohemian Rhapsody is prog. rock in it's purest form despite being overplayed as fuck.
>>
Into the trash it goes
>>
Bohemian Rhapsody is probably the weirdest radio hit of all time
>>
>>61413290
Talented as hell, obviously. You can tell the people who've listened to their records apart from those that haven't depending on if they say they're good or not.
>>
>>61413290
One other thing; people who unironically adhere to a pleb/patrician dichotomy are not worth your time.
>>
>>61414408
fucking this
>>
File: Water Color Pepe.jpg (190 KB, 791x606) Image search: [Google]
Water Color Pepe.jpg
190 KB, 791x606
Gay man who has one of the greatest voices.

Some shit songs, some amazing songs.

Typical of all great bands.

Strong 7 light 8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehZpUBupS_0
>>
>>61414383
I've listened to their records and acknowledge their talent, but I'm just not a fan of their overall sound. It always felt like they were trying to be grand and operatic, but most of it comes off as being somewhat shallow.

That being said, I love Innuendo because it's probably their best use of that aesthetic
>>
i like flash gordon

like, really, i think it's prob their best work
>>
>>61414483
You don't have to be a fan, and of course, most of their music was incredibly calculated and show-biz, aside from a select few confessional Mercury ballads.
>>
>>61414525
Yup
>>
Here's the thing about Freddie. The man had some serious pipes. He had a 4 octave range and he excelled in any octave. He wrote brilliant songs. And his stage presence was only matched by Adolf Hitler. Seriously, watch them play Radio Gaga at Live Aid and then watch a video of the Nuremburg rallies. We had better thank our lucky stars Freddie didn't go into politics or he would have taken over the world. But Queen as a whole had a brilliant dynamic. It wasn't just the Freddie Mercury backup band. They all made huge creative contributions to what made Queen what it is. Yes, Freddie wrore Somebody to Love, Killer Queen, and Bohemian Rhapsody, but Brian May wrote We Will Rock You, Save Me, and Fat Bottom Girls, John Deacon wrote I Want to Break Free, Another One Bites the Dust, and You're my Best Friend, and Roger Taylor wrote Radio Gaga and It's a Kind of Magic. Other bands like Nirvana for instance were not like that. Nirvana was basically just the Kurt Cobain backup band. Queen was this perfect storm of legendary talent, and Freddie was the face of it all, the delicious cherry on top of an already delicious sundae. He was the ambassador that allowed the amazing talent of combo that was Queen to be brought into our lives. He was the prism that focused the lazer beams from the brains of Roger, Brian, and John, and amplified them until they were powerful enough to blow our minds out through our ear holes. Yes, he was the most incredible front man who ever lived, hands down.
>>
Queen and Queen II were pretty good albums
>>
>>61414643
I love you
>>
>>61414525
>most of their music was incredibly calculated and show-biz, aside from a select few confessional Mercury ballads.
It's like their first three albums with their six and a half minute songs completely devoid of choruses don't even exist.
>>
>>61413387
>2bh
Stop bypassing the filters.
>>
>>61414747
I love you too anon
>>
>>61414464
are you trying to advertise your shitty shit
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.