[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moo is full of old white dads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 750x305) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 750x305
/MU/ ON SUICIDE WATCH

THEIR TASTE DETERMINED TO BE SHIT FOR DADS
>>
/mu/tants would make horrible parents
>>
>they're a dad band
>no they're not
>yes they are

okay
>>
>they're a dad band
literally meme criticism up there with "rap made for white people", whoever wrote this should kill himself
>>
whats wrong with dads?
A lot of you have daddy issues.
My dad doesnt even listen to rock music, he is a mexican immigrant and listens to really shitty accordion music
>>
Who wrote this? Pitchfork? More white male self hate?
>>
cool where do I pick up my kidz
>>
>>61410694
What even does "dad band" mean in this context
How is this even a criticism
>>
so when did classic rock become dad rock? i must have missed that particular meme bus.
>>
>>61410767
>accordion music
>shitty
>>
>>61410844
are lcd soundsstyem even a rock band?
They are like dance punk or some shit
>>
>>61410848
> He can't tell the difference between an accordion and a bandoneon
>>
>>61410848
u wanted to be contrarian but you just dumb as hell.
yeah there are lots of accordion music that are bad
>>
>>61410858

>I am intellectually unable to classify music into genres

And yes, they were Dance-Punk
>>
>>61410704

/mu/ is just normal people shitposting. I guarantee 90% of the people here who shit on bands actually like those bands. it's just funny to get a rise out of people who take music so serious like who cares
>>
>>61410844
Dude... Over a half a decade old already.
>>
>>61410909
this
>>
>>61410767
>shitty

Puto.
>>
I'm 53 and I'm a Dad and I'm all up in your secret club.
>mwah hahahahahahahaha.
>>
>>61411740
mericon
>>
>op confirmed for literal faggot who reads jezebel
>>
I hate the implication of "dad rock" or "dad bands", like you should only be listening to music that's trendy amongst young people or something
>>
>>61410767
Dads just don't understand.
Back in the past the granddads didn't understand Pink Floyd or the Court of the Crimson King.
And now in the present the dads don't understand the new good music, so they listen to their "dadrock music" instead.

It means pleb taste that is stuck in conforming with the past and just can't undrstand the better, newer and most importantly younger things.
>>
>>61410774
even fucking worse: jezebel
>>
>>61411818
why are you reading jezebel faggot?
>>
>>61410767
>A lot of you have daddy issues.

well, yes. there is zero chance a writer from jezebel doesn't have crippling daddy issues
>>
>>61411834
I'm not the OP, fucktard. I googled it.

but yes, the OP is a massive faggot.
>>
>Band from 5 years ago
>Played dance-punk
>Dad rock
This is some impressive retardation.
>>
>>61411807
>And now in the present the dads don't understand the new good music, so they listen to their "dadrock music" instead.

This is really only a problem with certain types. It's usually the beer-swilling muscle car jockeys who are obsessed with their high school years and don't listen to anything after they turned 20.
>>
>>61412356
And they're always rockists who don't listen to any other form of music.
>>
I'm really proud for having not liked LCD Soundsystem when they were first around, given how poorly they've aged
>>
>>61412285

LCD Soundsystem is all about fetishizing the past, romanticizing on your youth, and it takes influences from fashionable seventies and eighties classic acts. It's the DEFINITION of dad music.
>>
people use the word dad as a passive aggressive insult have no idea how pathetic and insecure they appear to people.
So basically your idea is that music is bad because its old or because your dad listened to it, by the way im pretty sure your dad has no idea what the hell lcd soundssytem is.
Its a very narrow minded logic, where do you draw the line?
Do you think jazz is bad if your dad listens to it?
Its even older than rock, what about classical?
Its centuries old
>>
>>61412442

You don't understand the term "dad rock" at all. It's not about the music being old, it's about the music being safe, conservative, overrated.
>>
>>61412388
>proud of getting his music opinions from mentally ill cat ladies

ok pal
>>
>>61412394
It's the worst, it's MILLENNIAL DADMUSIC.
Worst generation shaking hands with the plebbest music.
It reached the bottom and decided they need to dig deeper.
>>
>>61412468
>it's about my dad being safe, conservative, overrated.

ftfy
>>
File: 312.jpg (508 KB, 925x925) Image search: [Google]
312.jpg
508 KB, 925x925
>>61412480
>not caring about the unusual prescience of the weird cat lady next door
she also tells me vaporwave is going to make a major comeback, so take her w a grain of salt desu
>>
>>61410886
>lol you can't classify music into genres
>but yeah, you classified that music into the correct genre
>>
>>61412356
I mean, I don't hear dads that were into country/blues/classical/soul have this Grrrr music died in 1980 attitude. It's a phenomenon largely exclusive to rockists.
>>
>>61412394
Them and Tame Impala.
>>
>>61412571
Hmm...
Could crazy neighbour cat ladies be hot?
Like... Could there be CNCLILFs?
Would they be into the really kinky stuff?
>>
File: o-GRIMES-facebook.jpg (236 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-GRIMES-facebook.jpg
236 KB, 2000x1000
>>61412695
You tell me
>>
>>61412468
that's not true, it's just music that boomer dads listen to
examples:
things like the beatles or the rollings stones are because they're popular with them
the velvet underground or can aren't because they aren't that popular outside of hipsters on the internet
>>
>>61412468
Dad rock is basically just a term for the type of music that plays on radio stations with names like "109.9 THE FOX" that haven't updated their playlists since 1995.
>>
Here's our culprit

>Jezebel writer
>issues with her dad

the shock of 2016
>>
>>61412629
My dad's part of the Led Zeppelin generation having been born in 1955. Well, he never liked rock as a teenager and thinks you're supposed to stop listening to it after high school.
>>
>>61413011
More dads should be like your dad.
>>
>>61413048
He was into blues and classical mostly. I look through his old vinyl collection and there's stuff like Bach concertos, Haydn and I think he had Albert King's Truckload of Lovin' but there was nothing resembling rawk in there.
>>
>>61413084
>Albert King doesn't resemble rock
>>
>>61413097
Nah his stuff was pretty much slow, traditional-sounding blues. Now, Freddie King had more of a rock sound on his later material.
>>
>>61410694
tfw no dad to define what is and isn't dad music
>>
am a dad, can confirm LCD Soundsystem is dad music

christ, "Losing My Edge" was a goddamned old-fart classic and they were just getting started

ps I'm listening to The Sundays right now in case you doubt my dadness
>>
>>61413403
>browsing /mu/ instead of taking care of your child

wew lad
>>
>>61412394
>>61412533
>dad music
You two should kill yourselves.
>>
Honestly, dad music is better than some of the trash that this board loves. I would rather listen to Bruce Springsteen than whatever pop rap pitchfork is currently masturbating to.
>>
>>61413707
>le wrong generation
>>
>>61413856
>le memes xD
>>
>>61412667
Uh huh. I know that Gene Simmons mentioned TI when asked what of today's artists he likes...but they're just a retro-style band that mimics 60s-70s sounds.
>>
>>61413707
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>61412897
moot after the operation
>>
File: image.png (517 KB, 571x460) Image search: [Google]
image.png
517 KB, 571x460
>>61411803
Trendy young people are way more annoying than dads reminiscing on their eras rock... I lived with a bitch that would just sing song "SAUCIN SAUCINNN" over and over like fucking Christ
>>
>>61414007
I think the opposite opinion would be reddit
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.