[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/, i don't get this album. Why is it good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: cst012hires.jpg (329 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
cst012hires.jpg
329 KB, 900x900
>>
It's good for background music.
>>
>>61409550
When did background music become the best thing ever.
>>
its just epic
>>
It's okay. It's entry-level post-rock, not that hard to enjoy.
Just go with the flow, there's not much "not to get", just don't expect it to be the greatest thing ever as its pretty overrated.
>>
>>61409704
It didn't.
>>
>>61409727
Thanks. I guess i was expecting some amazing album. What would you recommend as far as post-rock goes? Haven't explored the genre as much as i should have.
>>
Utterly loathsome, forced 'emotional' bullshit that killed post-rock forever.

I could forgive it for just being boring crescendocore wank but then there's that one video where he's whining about U2 and Arcade Fire (shit bands tbf) for being 'emotionally manipulative' and 'cheap' and it's just like dude are you for real

Guy is a hypocritical tool
>>
File: Post-Rock.jpg (324 KB, 990x1716) Image search: [Google]
Post-Rock.jpg
324 KB, 990x1716
>>61409818
I'd suggest you start with their debut, IMO it's even easier to enjoy (mostly because of the stunning atmosphere) and overall much much better quality and songwriting-wise.

Check out this chart also, might help you get into the genre based on what you like.
>>
>>61409894
Thanks!
>>
>>61409818
Spiderland
Millions Now Living Will Never Die
Spirit of Eden
>>
File: Screenshot_4.jpg (40 KB, 595x86) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_4.jpg
40 KB, 595x86
>>61409846
>>
File: Screenshot_5.jpg (257 KB, 663x537) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_5.jpg
257 KB, 663x537
>>61410112
This was in 2001
>>
>>61409541
How did "sleep" not move you in some way? What is wrong with you? Just listen to it again I suppose.
>>
because you don't get it
>>
This album isn't really hard to get. Just listen to it again. If you aren't actively paying attention to the music you are doing it wrong. I can understand someone not liking this album because it became the cornerstone for lame crescendo core third wave post rock bands, but I think it really does have a moving atmosphere with compelling climaxes. F#A#(infinity) has more atmosphere but the songs don't really climax in an obvious way like they do on LYSF.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.