[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Green Day?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: download (4).jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
6 KB, 300x168
Just wondering what the general thoughts are on the band.
>>
shit
>>
They've released some very good albums and they're definitely a talented band, but it just seems like they don't use their talents to the full potential.
>>
They're ok, but the "patricians" thinks they're garbage, I only like Dookie t b h
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9zogQOmQVM
>>
>>61407553
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPLFZL_GkDg
>>
>>61407466
I liked Kerplunk, to be honest with you.
>>
>>61407466
They're music for teenagers, and you're asking this in a site where everybody wants to look like an adult patrician, they're obviously mostly say that they're shit. Liking Green Day doesn't give you indie cred.
>>
>>61407466
I think they're probably the most overrated band ever maybe right behind Nirvana. I also think they fucking suck and I hate that their fanbase is convinced they're real punks even tho the shit they make is as overproduced and meaningless as something by ke$ha
>>
>>61407466
Dookie was a great album
>>
>>61407662
I don't think people dislike them to seem adult, they are very bland. Hence you already have people saying when they jumped the shark.

I find them generally rubbish, but the beginning of the end for them was Nimrod. It lacked the cohesion of previous records and despite having some high points, I did feel it was a let down after Insomniac.

T. Oldfag.
>>
>>61407466
Boring at best, sloppy and poser-ish at worst. The reality is punk music died 86-89 as it was getting stale and more painful developments occurred like emo and grunge.
>>
uh
>>
>>61407466
I think they're really good for what they are
I can totally see why someone would hate them though
>>
Punk is subjective. Ramones were undeniably punk, but Green Day and basically anyone else is debatable.
That said, Nimrod was incohesive because they wanted to focus on the songs rather than the album. Far as I'm concerned, Jinx/Haushinka is one of the best things they ever put out.
The trilogy would have been much better off as only one album with all the shit cut out, but Let Yourself Go is easily the best from there. American Idiot is obviously a masterpiece, punk or not.
As for the old shit, 39/Smooth is real nice, but Kerplunk and Dookie are just crazy good.
>>
>>61407466
Kerplunk, Dookie and American Idiot are all great albums. Never really gave much of a shit about their other stuff though.
>>
Sometimes i listen to their early pop punk stuff to get nostalgic
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.