[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the most money you'd spend on some music/merchandise?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: cattip.gif (2 MB, 335x237) Image search: [Google]
cattip.gif
2 MB, 335x237
What's the most money you'd spend on some music/merchandise?
>>
>buying music

I'd pay 50$ for a concert ticket that's it
>>
>>61404043
>not supporting your favorite artist
I guess other people will buy it for you right
>>
>>61404015
$100
>>
>>61404015
I've paid $400 and sometimes consider doing it again for a vinyl I'm really interested in
>>
>>61404015
Probably $40 max for any new album unless it's a box set of multiple records. Potentially more if something is hard to find and I like it enough
>>
>>61404341
The best way to support a band is by seeing them live.
>>
File: 1445210618790.png (180 KB, 1390x1380) Image search: [Google]
1445210618790.png
180 KB, 1390x1380
depends on how much entertainment i feel I've received, but not over $100.
>>
i'd pay $100 for original Smiths tour merch, and $200+ to see BoC live

>>61404381
man, if you're calling it "a vinyl" then idk if you're collecting vinyl records
referring to a record as "a vinyl" is a red flag for someone who doesn't really care for the format
vinyl = referring to the actual product, plural term for multiple records, or to differentiate from other formats (i.e. I own Another Green World on CD, but I own Before & After Science on vinyl)

e.g. I own multiple vinyl records = good
I own multiple vinyls = bad
>>
I spent 30 dollars for a complete compilation of all recorded live shows for the band's US tour. Worth every penny because they played different sets in some venues, and I got to hear myself going "WOOOO" in the recording they made in my town.
I think I'd draw the line there, but if something really warrants a higher price tag, I was probably going to buy it any way.
>>
I spend a couple hundred a month on CDs
>>
I spent $160 on speakers and turntable accessories today, and that's probably the most I've spent on music aside from bass guitars/accessories
>>
>>61405376
Saying "a vinyl" is a simplified way of saying "a vinyl record"
The "record" is just implied
Saying "vinyls" is the only condemnable mistake
>>
>>61405580
idk man, say that in certain circles and get your shit smacked
this is for your health
>>
>>61405596
>getting into music circles
Considering my disinterest in participating in Internet-based circle jerks, and the fact that nobody who I meet in real life is likely to listen to anything that I do, and fewer still will be those who actively collect vinyls, I dismiss your arbitrary qualifications are relatively meaningless. Rest assured that I enjoy my turntable and my record collection regardless of if I append the word "record" to every application of the word "vinyl" in casual discussion, as if specifically avoiding brevity is somehow more authenticating of someones collection.
>>
File: a9dxrQ3.png (218 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
a9dxrQ3.png
218 KB, 500x281
>>61405596
>say that in certain circles
>>
File: 1391648783475.jpg (13 KB, 278x278) Image search: [Google]
1391648783475.jpg
13 KB, 278x278
>>61405596
wew lad

don't you think you're getting too serious about consumerist hobbies?
>>
In terms of vinyl records, the most I'll spend is around $100 but only if it's an album that I've connected with in the past.

Most I've spent on one was $80 so far

Merch is useless
>>
>>61404015
82 dollars, I bought an original US pressing from 1982 of pic related.
>>
Most expensive merch I've bought was the tie dye Flying Lotus You're Dead shirt, $50, bought it drunk at a festival and when I sobered up I realised it's the ugliest shirt I own, never worn it
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.