[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey mu. If i'm going to be honest, I spent most of my 2015
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: kingdrick.jpg (112 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
kingdrick.jpg
112 KB, 640x640
Hey mu.

If i'm going to be honest, I spent most of my 2015 not really listening to anything new. I was mostly just finishing the essentials chart, listening to "classics" and listening to top 40 party shit.

So I want, no I need the 2015 essentials. All genres.

I'm counting on you /mu/.
>>
>>61403744
http://pitchfork.com/features/staff-lists/9764-the-50-best-albums-of-2015/

Urban Outfitters will stock most of 'em. Have fun senpai.
>>
>>61403783
lmao
>>
Year's best albums, without any specific order:

Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell (really emotional and personal neo-folk)

Jamie xx - In Colour (great future garage with a hint of house)

Arca - Mutant (experimental electronic with good production)

Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly (jazz hip hop concept album with masterfull narrative and lyricism)

Julia Holter - Have You In My Wilderness (beautiful dream pop)

FKA twigs - M3LL155X (great experimental pop RnB album with great cryptic and sexy lyrics)

Joanna Newsom - Divers (beautiful folk concept album)

Oneohtrix Point Never - Garden of Delete (mind-bending experimental electronic album)

Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear (singer songwriter folk album with great songwriting and funny/emotional lyrics)
>>
E
MO
TION
>>
>>61404368
Listen to Have You In My Wilderness, disregard the rest.

Eric Parker became a god, son.

Who?
>>
>>61404824
This, also No Now
>>
>>61404368
Hello p4k drone
>>
>>61404368
Hello Faggot
>>
>>61405980
no now is aoty
>>
>>61403744
You gotta listen to the cover Ryan Adams did of Taylor Swift's album 1989. It's seriously so good.
>>
We're living in the internet age, it's really not hard to find music on your own.
>>
>>61404368
I listined to all except for 2 of the albums you listed here and did not enjoy them, and the two I didn't listen to were because I wouldn't touch anything Kendrick Lamar or FKA Twigs puts out with a 25 and a half foot pool.
>>
>>61408299
youtube genners go here?
>>
>>61403744
>listening to new music
Why listen to new music when there's hundreds of years of Art Music available?
>>
>>61408388
I miss when /mu/ actually did make personal end of the year lists...
>>
>>61408580
gb2 reddit
>>
>>61408563
I know Kendrick is a meme here but TPAB is genuinely a fantastic album desu senpai.
>>
>>61404368
Nice compilation
>>
>>61408669
and I'll believe that as soon as I realize that dark beautiful twisted fantasy is the best album of all time
>>
might be helpful:

http://i.cubeupload.com/FUs6kP.pg
>>
File: Cover.jpg (214 KB, 849x860) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
214 KB, 849x860
Check out Moonlover by Ghost Bath.
>>
>>61406153
We get it pitchfork is shit (it seriously is it couldn't do an actual review to save It's life) but stop acting like you have original opinions whenever you hate on something they like for no reason.
>>
>>61408817

So when you get some taste?
>>
>>61409615
Ghost Bath are to Deafheaven in the same way that Muse are to Radiohead.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.