[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rateyourmusic has this as the #1 album ever, thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 275x271) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 275x271
rateyourmusic has this as the #1 album ever, thoughts?
>>
cringe
>>
we already knew that
>>
probably should be higher t b h
>>
This is one of those rare albums that both people that have a casual interest in music and people that spend their free time going onto boards to find new, interesting music both seem to love, I guess.

Which makes me sadder that I don't really like it outside Karma Police.
>>
Could be much worse.
>>
Compressing your emotional response to art into a 1-to-10 scale is robbing yourself of the appreciation of nuance. Albums are complete works of art: flawed, human, beautiful. Even the worst album I listened to last year couldn't be properly described in four long paragraphs. Reducing an album's worth of songs to a "five star" rating and a pithy sentence is painfully dumb. I picture the writer surrounded by stacks of CDs. Pushing her oversized sunglasses up on her head and hugging her wheat-colored cable-knit sweater, she dives in: thumbs up, thumbs down. Her love of music slowly turns to ashes as she struggles to rate it all.
>>
>>61396848
I thought this album was alright but I really don't think it deserves nearly that much praise

It's probably a 6/10 IMO. The albums it was influenced by are for the most part quite better.

That's just my two cents
>>
>>61396878
this
>>
>>61396878
yeah should definitely be #0
>>
>>61396907
desu you thought about this a lot haven't you
>>
>>61396907
I don't think that's really true. Music is subjective, a concept /mu/ seems to struggle with, but that you seem to get. And in that same way, while it's very hard to quantify music in an objective matter, it's easy to do it subjectively. How much did you like listening to it?

Obviously, circumstances matter. If you start learning a lot of music theory, you may start listening to songs more studiously and being harsher on music that follows cliches, or if you're a person that thinks music is simply an art designed to create moods, you may dock points for music that focus more on being different than on being fun to listen to. Regardless, the purpose of this site is simply to rate music that you enjoy listening to at the time, not a 'best of' list that you feel forced to put Sgt Peppers or Pet Sounds at the top of just because they're the 'right answers'.

The fact that any music at all on the site has a rating above 4.0 to me at all is shocking, honestly. There are so few albums where I've even liked the majority of songs, and oh crap I've gone on a tangent. The point -- it's not about actually rating the thing objectively as it is simply rating how much you liked it, and posting a review about why you did.
>>
>>61396907
how long have you been sick of working at p4k?
>>
Kid A is better.
>>
>>61397162
Amnesiac is the superior album.
>>
>>61396848

DSOTM should be nr1
>>
>>61397186
No
>>
>>61397213
Yes
>>
>>61396904
Arrest this man.
>>
File: 1447298215047.png (37 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1447298215047.png
37 KB, 184x184
>>61397232
>tripfag intervenes
>this must be a serious opinion
Still no
>>
It's good but overrated and nothing that special
>>
>>61396848
Kek
>>
>>61396913
This. I listened to OK Computer for the first time recently. At first I was excited about it but upon repeated listens, it kinda falls apart a little, the second half feels too weak compared to the first half and the songs closing the album sound too similar to earlier tracks for their own good.

The singles are good and so is Let Down (although I'm not fond of the chord progression in the chorus) but Exit Music kinda loses its charm when you realise it really is closing music for a film at which point, it becomes a little less exciting, I mean, it feels a little cliche given the context its utilised in.

It's a good album for casual listeners and a good pop effort but like Everything Everything, it's the kind of album that you probably won't miss as much if you're musical knowledge doesn't begin and end with daytime radio.
>>
>>61396878
>t b h
Stop bypassing the filters.
>>
I think most of the mass votes are bound to levitate towards something with pop sensibility and "experimentation" so no surprise there.

Good album, I like it.
>>
File: 1392430943023.jpg (44 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1392430943023.jpg
44 KB, 300x400
>>61397252
Kermit Face x 333
>>
>>61397687
desu filters are dumb desu (to be honest)
>>
>>61397805
Wait shit
>>
>>61397687
honesty is important, anon
>>
>>61397829
baka desu senpai
>>
>>61397687
I hate so much about the things you choose to be.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.