[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dropping acid tomorrow Can anyone with experience tell me the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: DUDELSDLMAO.jpg (239 KB, 614x505) Image search: [Google]
DUDELSDLMAO.jpg
239 KB, 614x505
Dropping acid tomorrow
Can anyone with experience tell me the best music to listen to while tripping?
Been thinking about stuff like Hawkwind
Camel; maudlin of the well; Boris; Taj Mahal Travellers; maybe some ambient
>>
>>61391381
Don't do it, you could die
>>
>>61391396
I don't mind dying I'm browsing 4chan after all
Now gimme some music for my trip
>>
LSD is such a powerful drug that you can listen to anything and have a great experience.

I recommend having some variety - maybe a couple favorite albums + an album you've never heard. Or just make a playlist of all your favorite tracks at the moment and put it on shuffle.

If you have time you should definitely watch a movie as well.
>>
>>61391437
also listen to Demdike Stare
>>
i'd say anything that's a classic, not too dark, not too heavy imo
>>
>>61391381
I've been on a minimal kick recently.
Stuff like SND, Ryoji Ikeda, and CoH is all great headspace.
>>
Maggot Brain

and a whole bunch of stuff by the weeknd
>>
Venerology - Merzbow
>>
File: trout mask.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
trout mask.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Well if you're actually doing it, I truly recommend this
>>
Any relatively long, ambitious albums. You have the headspace and patience to fully comprehend a monumental album.
>>
I listened to Death Grips for an entire trip
Was pretty chill honestly
>>
>>61391381
avoid anything with lyrics, keep it instrumental
>>
File: 1436163918407.gif (498 KB, 500x593) Image search: [Google]
1436163918407.gif
498 KB, 500x593
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGD8flLsx5kZWce7_m4Mt1IC7dGuetEU7

best videos for tripping here.
>>
>>61391508
I would not recommend this
me and some friends put on TPTB and Up My Sleeves instantly gave like 3 of us a bad trip
>>
File: coil-backwards.jpg (17 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
coil-backwards.jpg
17 KB, 500x500
Last time I tripped I listened to this album and had a fucking great time.
>>
File: livedead.jpg (30 KB, 400x392) Image search: [Google]
livedead.jpg
30 KB, 400x392
>>61391381
This album along with Merriweather Post Pavilion.
>>
>>61391550
NOTM was fucking amazing on acid

I don't know why but I like going fucking bonkers
I guess that's why it never bothered me
Pss Pss is really weird to listen to in a dark room
>>
>>61391381
>acid
>dadrock
Don't be a fucking cliche.

What you should try is some hard-core gangsta rhymes. Shit strong enough to make white boys shit their pants and raise their hands just from the bass line alone.
High pulse songs about crime, guns and the true hood alpha life.

Now that's what gives you visions.
>>
I can't say i'm an expert, I've dropped acid 4 times and only listened to a few songs once. I listened to Fire of the Mind by Coil and Red Velvet Corridor by Swans and they were both absolutely insane experiences.
I will say though that pretty much anything, no matter how mundane is just crazy on acid. Me and my friends spent a long time just passing around crackers and feeling the different textures of them.
So pretty much any song you like will probably be really cool.
I also recommend watching fractal zoom videos on YouTube.
>>
>>61391437
I second this. Think of a song you like that gives you any kind of feelings sober, then those feelings will be amplified on LSD.
>>
>>61391381
Everything will be pretty cool, but I generally prefer stuff that's dense, harmonic, and upbeat.

Some of my favorite trip albums/artists:

Animal Collective (especially Merriweather Post Pavilion)
Pink Floyd - The Piper at the Gates of Dawn
Spiritualized (Lazer Guided Melodies and Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space)
Simon & Garfunkel (especially Mrs. Robinson)
The Beatles (especially She Said She Said, Tomorrow Never Knows, and Strawberry Fields)
Kaleidoscope - Tangerine Dream (especially Kaleidoscope and In the Room of Percussion)
Beach Boys - Smile Sessions (listen to the entire album)

If you're into it, classical is also really nice.
>>
>>61391614
fuck off nigger
>>61391554
Coil is a great suggestion thanks anon
>>61391550
Wouldn't do that anyway I don't like Death Grips too much
>>61391468
that could be interesting
>>61391684
eeh I wouldn't risk it with Swans they can be quite depressing don't want to have a bad trip
>>61391737
yea this is probably the way to go

Seems like post-rock may be quite good since it's so atmospheric and epic
I really like Talk Talk so definitely going to try Spirit of Eden
>>
>>61391783
If you want Coil AND CoH, just listen to SoiSong.
>>
Jandek, every time
>>
Black Sabbath

I'm serious, I have had some of my best trips listening to them, it has to be ozzy era stuff though
>>
>>61391811
I want to have a bleak, nihilistic trip one of these days where I just listen to shit like Jandek and Whitehouse.
>>
>>61391834
Sabbath is good ambiance too.
Like, you know shit's lit when Sabbath is playing.
>>
File: Bach.png (50 KB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
Bach.png
50 KB, 290x290
i tried listening to beethoven symphonies on acid but i found them too overwhelming. bach solo harpsichord stuff will connect you to god.
>>
honestly, Sgt. Pepper's
>>
my first lsd experiance i watched spooky black vids all night
https://youtu.be/dT2YDdZdE-I
along with this guys stuff
https://youtu.be/6vrjA5R4zSE
i had al lot of fun watching gabe brodricks vids in general, just have fun man shit was cash!
>>
Unless you're over 24-26 then you're doing a disservice to your brain familia
>>
Isley brothers giving it back. When they change the key in ohio your mind will explode. Protip ben there
>>
>>61391381
Merriweather Post Pavilion and Strawberry Jam were both mind blowing
>>
My favorite thing to do while tripping is listen to chill electronic and meditate. The closed-eye visuals are insane, like a crazy music video
>>
>do too many shrooms
>Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand is on
>he starts repeating "I know I won't be leaving here"
>feel like I'm stuck in a time loop
>instant bad trip
>>
>>61391381
any music you enjoy sober would be a great start, especially something dense or heavily layered. don't feel like you need to stick with stereotypically "trippy" music, honestly just listen to anything you like and you'll have a great time.
also, if you have strong emotional reactions to music, you should stay away from excessively heavy/sad/creepy stuff
>>
File: 1403307810199.jpg (541 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1403307810199.jpg
541 KB, 500x500
Grateful dead live albums

Um, avoid electronic music, we had a bad experience with its repetitiveness one time.
Without going too far into details it involved 6 hours of wrestling a naked, screaming, biting man until we found some rope and hogtied him.

So, yeah, avoid electronic.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.