[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/daily/ music listening thread : last thread of [current year]
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 122
File: daily music discussion.png (235 KB, 640x4200) Image search: [Google]
daily music discussion.png
235 KB, 640x4200
Listen to new music, show off your library, whine about your backlog, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to next year, just let the memes in.

TOPSTERS.NET
>chart your listening quota

https://synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>plug.dj-ersatz for real-time memery

http://dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>Site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random shit

Most importantly, get taste!

Previous thread: 61346943
>>
File: tone.jpg (45 KB, 599x450) Image search: [Google]
tone.jpg
45 KB, 599x450
>>61390652
first get
>>
for the boyzzz
>>
for the girls
>>
anyone else wanna make me feel less lonely get on synchtube plz
>>
So I listened to the next Legacy CD. The legendary fifth is on it and I had mixed feelings. I felt like there was emphasis on the dramatism of the opening ta-ta-ta-Taaa. The musicians pulled out the notes very very slowly. Not sure if I liked how stretched out that was. I really liked the performance from the brass on this track though.

The sixth was great in general. Nothing stood out in particular. It was well-executed and did give off the feeling of the program imagery .

The audio quality, unlike on the past 2 CDs, ranged from good to very good throughout both of the symphonies. Great experience.
>>
File: SEETHATGUYHESAFRIENDOFMINE.png (3 MB, 1666x1718) Image search: [Google]
SEETHATGUYHESAFRIENDOFMINE.png
3 MB, 1666x1718
Posting now so that hopefully by days end I get the last row killed
>>
Starting Station to Station rn, I hope it's better than Hunky Dory

>>61390845
of course not you silly goose
>>61390701
nice
>>
>>61391085
wut.
>>
While listening to all the 2015 things that were inflicted upon me yesterday, I started to finally put all my music on a single, brand new external HDD and realized that not only did I have a lot of stuff I hadn't listened too in ages, I also had some stff I had not listened to at all.
So I'll listen to everything in order until I reach the end of the alphabet.
If I don't slack off, I should be done by the end of the next [current year].
anyway, let's get this party started.
>>
File: week 1.png (874 KB, 1950x500) Image search: [Google]
week 1.png
874 KB, 1950x500
>>61391152
Newbuild
At this point, Acid House was on its way to become a thing and not too many of the rave providers had started to go all out and really venture into the most uncanny and alien grounds of the fastly growing lands of house music. Along with some others, 808 State helped the transition into either fully instrumental house or the use of voice sample as pure texture, thus leaving vocal house and its safe verse/chorus structure behind. This albums is a prime example of the most primal aspects and states of this transition. The rhtyms, although not as cold as what some Mills were toying with at the time, are still oddly distant and not nearly as hard-hitting as one might expect from this sort of dance-oriented music. Instead, the tweaked grooveboxes and drum machines provide the main drive in the composition with some fast and hypnotic lines that are more texture than they are melodies. the superposition of repetitive lines give the ensembles a certain impression of space, enhanced by the occasional cavernous sampling that help vary the aquatic basslines and alien communications recieved by the synchd synths. However if the basic recipe is here, it is a times pushed to its limit as some of the tunes here can end up repeating themselves bit too much. Understandable for a music supposed to play with body response and moving immersion rather than sitting listening experience. The prolongated pieces might be perfect for the raver, they fall a bit short for the listener, mostly due to the lack or repetition of the progression (see Dr. Lowfruit or Headhunters for the most evident examples).
>>
File: mortimer 0016.gif (12 KB, 122x253) Image search: [Google]
mortimer 0016.gif
12 KB, 122x253
>>61391168
Ninety
How do you diversify a genre that, while young, is already losing itself into formula-bashing and other repetitions? by releasing Ninety. I'll let you judge whether 808 State was trying to prove something to the world or was just doing whatever it was they wanted, but with this album, the took every other dude with an Roland drum machine back to school. House is a very formula-driven genre, it has always been,due to its close tie to the dancing that accompanies it. The rythmic structures has to conform to a certain pattern in order not to los the dancers, so with this limitatons, one might think that finding variety would be hard. This albums is here to prove the opposite and remind us all that tight limitation stimulate creativity. Ninety is a great display of variety and contrast. All throughout the albums,tunes are preceeded by ther remixes to let us hear how much one can vary from a same base by simply going for a more (or less) organic sammple and driving line, by substracting or adding some synchronized layers, by doubling the percussions or melodies. Articifical and synthetized boxed grooves stand side by side with some direct instrumental sampling,keeping every listener into a certain comfort zone. The samples add both veriety in texture and contribute to the rythmical buildup of every track. And as if the careful creation of every track and remix ws not enough, Ninety also taunts all the competition by being a full-fledged album more than a composition of tracks that worked well that other night. the use of both originals and remixes guarantee a real cohesion throughout the album, the "recycling" and use of some small rythmic patterns or samples on different tracks create a real unity of tone and make the experience a whole rather than a collection, making Ninety a cohesive album instead of another bunch of maxis put together. Everyone needs a 303 as that one guy said. everyone also needs a copy of Ninety.
>>
File: godspeedslowriot.jpg (216 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
godspeedslowriot.jpg
216 KB, 600x600
>Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada E.P.

According to RYM this is the best EP of all time. And I don't think I can disagree.

The first half of "Moya" opens this record with a long string section, that paints a nervous, tired soundscape.
The track then explodes, with the bass and the drums creating the base while guitars and strings masterfully cooperate to create a hell of a wall of sound. The dynamics get more and more intense, until the track stops its intense ride, letting the instruments play more softly. A vocal sample is introduced, and "BBF3" starts.
Blaise Bailey Finnegan III rants about the government, about America, and how about he hates them, and hates everything that has to do with them.
"Things are just gonna get worse and keep on getting worse.".
The music remains quiet for the most part, except for a couple of crescendos that actually don't go anywhere. But they don't feel out of place, they just prepare you.
Blaise Bailey Finnegan III recites his poem, which is in fact the lyrics for "Virus", by Iron Maiden.
And then the song explodes. It begins what I think is one of their best climax. It's powerful, it's extreme, it's loud, it hits you hard, it's perfect.
This EP closes with a string section.

I think it's superfluous to say that Godspeed outdid them self in terms of songwriting: the prominence of the more "traditional" instruments like guitars, bass and drums works very well with the string section, they blend together perfectly, and they complete one another. I'm seriously running out of ways to describe their crescendos, because all of them are perfectly executed and written, with exceptional balance between every sound and constant changes.
This record hits you strongly: you can definitely connect emotionally with it, in its desperation. It leaves you destroyed, it signs you.
It really is perfect.

9.5/10
>>
Also, LCD Soundsystem are reuniting, but I don't really know how to feel about that: they had a 3 hours goodbye concert, and a movie that I should definitely watch, and James Murphy always told that they wouldn't go back together. I hope they don't sell out and do it only for the money, but knowing James, I don't think that's the case.
>>
File: topsters chart mane.png (2 MB, 1905x515) Image search: [Google]
topsters chart mane.png
2 MB, 1905x515
>tfw went against the recs from last thread, off on my own way
>I am a strong independent straight white male and I don't need no female

Jarboe - Sacrificial Cake

actually good, expected to not like this after someone on rym described it as buttgoth, but nah man...
although there is some of it there in the spoken word, by the time it hits you're enveloped in the mood of the album and it ceases to matter
Altogether pretty enjoyable

J Dilla - Donuts

Overrated as fuck, but it's not bad
there is a whole bunch of it that goes nowhere at all, but I think that's kinda the point of it
also I hated the sirens, they suck dic
>>
MEME IS DEAD GUYS

https://www.reddit.com/r/LetsTalkMusic/
>>
File: 808.png (140 KB, 254x500) Image search: [Google]
808.png
140 KB, 254x500
Quadrastate
While Ninety took al the time it needed to expand upon itself and explore everything it wanted to explore, Quadrastate is much more direct and goes straight to the point. Once again, 808 State shows how well then can use, abuse and expand on the formula of house music and diversify a siple structure for as long as they wish. Every track here is built on a simple base and impressibely enriched by rythmic switches and tergiversions (see the madness of Fire Cracker) or an abundance of textures (see Pacific state that, it its six minutes, condenses Ninety). The attention to details here is impressive ass every track here seems to take every road that was open to it. The songs revolve arround a first structure and as they unroll, start to incorpore more and more material that add to the variety that was already present until every composition here almost feels like a journey in itself, with detours, breaks, different sights and a changing geography imposing certain walking paces to the traveller. There is no complete pauses, but many variation in the pace so that the one following never gets tired and finds time to rest within the changes he encounters.
>>
>>61390843
For the blind, faceless, crawling chaoses out there
>>
>>61391558
keiji haino more like meme haino
keiji haino more like keiji meme
keiji haino more like reddit haino
keiji haino more like keiji reddit
keiji haino more like meme meme
keiji haino more like reddit reddit
keiji haino more like meme reddit
keiji haino more like reddit meme
>>
File: yet another chart.png (2 MB, 1480x1480) Image search: [Google]
yet another chart.png
2 MB, 1480x1480
>Tony Conrad - Eatly Minimalism, Vol. 1
Considering how very similar the pieces are, the question could be asked: do we really need 3.5 hours of violi-based drones? I'm not sure, because even if you split them up, it's still a lot of relatively samey material and it doesn't feel like if you heard one disc of this, you miss out on too much if you don't hear the rest. However, what Conrad actually brings to the table in terms of sounds is really quite hypnotic. The opener, "Four Violins", is the only thing that really differs here, being recorded with only violins and no others instruments (everything on here is violin-based, but other instruments are occasionally added on the other pieces) and being recorded back in the 60's, resulting in a more lo-fi and noisier recording. After this interesting, yet hard to swallow opener, things get more refined as the three 90's recordings, originally written in 1965, bring more variety in terms of instrumentation to th table. More than anything, I'm glad the more abrasive edge is gone here. What remains is a loooot of droning, transcendental minimalistic music that I would liken to Henry Flynt and The Velvet Underground's dronier moments (it's no wonder that Conrad has worked with John Cale a lot). It's a very good listen, and even in all its oversaturation and monotony I came away from this very pleased. 7.5/10
>>
>>61391795
how's the sound quality?
>>
>>61391767
>keiji haino more like reddit meme
>implying /daily/ isn't /reddit/
it was a reddit meme all along
>>
>>61391929
Four Violins has pretty bad audio quality (only thing on here recorded back when it was actually composed rather than in the 90's), the others are way better in that respect. I'm pretty sure you would dig this (I believe you're already into Theatre of Eternal Music?) and after the first 32 minutes the sound quality is of no concern anymore.
>>
>>61391960
Yeah, I'd probably dig this. I kept my acquaintance with the ToEM solo projects to the minimum for future fun.

I'll check this out some time.
>>
>>61391795
Do Matrix 5
>>
File: not liked genres.png (637 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
not liked genres.png
637 KB, 1000x1000
Who'd've thought there existed good folk metal?

What next /nerds/?
>>
>>61392502
Brand New
>>
File: 1283713261867.jpg (44 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1283713261867.jpg
44 KB, 500x370
>>61392502
>>
>>61392502
Ulver
>>
>>61392502
>Murmuüre
>Devil & God
>Ladies & Gentlemen
oh i am jealous
>>
File: discogs.jpg (676 KB, 820x1025) Image search: [Google]
discogs.jpg
676 KB, 820x1025
Station to Station was enjoyable; although it felt disjointed with the only truly stunning track opening up the album.
>>
>>61392544
yeah i too am surprised that someone enjoys folk metal lol
>>
File: 1375642551092.gif (89 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1375642551092.gif
89 KB, 600x450
>>61392710
>>
File: laughing deniro.png (380 KB, 618x390) Image search: [Google]
laughing deniro.png
380 KB, 618x390
>>61392645
>disliking Hunky Dory
>ye I'm mad
>>
>>61392710
I listened to quite a lot of folk metal for droning GaussHaus and I hated it with a passion so I was really surprised too
>>
File: close your eyes.png (20 KB, 464x212) Image search: [Google]
close your eyes.png
20 KB, 464x212
>>61392645
t b h f a m
you're gonna hate Ziggy Stardust
or maybe you won't, whatever
>>
>>61391168
I think that's the highest Mort rating I've ever seen.

>>61391394
James Murphy is not a dumb man. I bet he knows what he's doing, but I too hope he hasn't made the perfectly intelligent decision to sell out. That'd be a bummer.

>>61392645
TVC15 is a great song tho
>>
>>61392744
>>61392710
>>61392544
nothing objectively offensive about Agalloch, they've some great songs
>>
>>61392776
>>61392818
Something tells me you're both unaware of what's going on here.
>>
>>61392806
have faith in his integrity as an artist, I'm sure he's made plenty of money already off of LCD Soundsystem, so I doubt it
>>
>>61392842
probably
>>
>>61392842
You're the only one ever to like folk metal right? I heard it mentioned when people found out Gauss likes it too. Smurm does actually hate it right?
>>
>>61392746
stay mad
>>61392788
we'll see
>>61392806
not saying the rest isn't good, it's more that the title track is quite obviously the centrepiece
>>
File: Folk Metal Recommendations.jpg (662 KB, 1552x1178) Image search: [Google]
Folk Metal Recommendations.jpg
662 KB, 1552x1178
>>61392860
This might help.
>>61392881
I actually hate most Folk Metal I've come across, but the bands I come across and do like more than make up for it.
>>
>>61393054
hey man everyone has their kinks
I unironically enjoy power metal
>>
>>61393054
cool, so you agree with me! Though I really didn't like that Moonsorrow album when I listened to it.
>>
>>61391438
actually what next though?
>>
>>61393054
it's mostly that viking vibe a lot of the bands have going on that I really really hate, it feels so cringy
>>
>>61393054
Nice chart

I think I like atmospheric black metal, which sometimes incorporates folk elements
>>
File: no fun allowed.jpg (59 KB, 448x473) Image search: [Google]
no fun allowed.jpg
59 KB, 448x473
>>61393168
ikr late Varg is so edgy because of it, like at least Blind Guardian have fun with it
>>
File: 1353357761461.jpg (65 KB, 238x210) Image search: [Google]
1353357761461.jpg
65 KB, 238x210
>>61393168
>mfw my roommate in college was a huge viking metal fan
>mfw I had to live through 100+ hours of Turisas over the years

He's a bro though, we cool
>>
>>61393185
atmoshit be gone
>>
>>61393155
Enter fucking tainment nigga. also donuts was my second choice and u took it so nice
>>
>>61393148
If you like the stuff with strong acoustic influences you'll probably enjoy Empyrium as well. Most people that enjoy Agalloch usually also end up enjoying Woods of Ypres' last album.
>>61393168
I don't see any issue with that when the bands are actually from that area. It's inspired by history, it makes sense.
>>61393185
Yeah, that seems to be what you enjoy most from what I've seen.
>>
>>61393185
Oh btw, did you ever check out Ifing - Against this Weald? I think you'll probably like it.
>>
>>61393214
ok

>>61393279
Not yet - thanks for the rec
>>
>>61393292
now I feel bad
here:
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/blut_aus_nord/777___sect_s_/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/blut_aus_nord/777___the_desanctification/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/blut_aus_nord/777___cosmosophy/
>>
>>61393346
don't feel bad :^)
777 is pretty cool
>>
File: IMG_1799.jpg (93 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1799.jpg
93 KB, 480x640
>>61393292
Also
>mfw I'm actually wearing a moonsorrow shirt rn
>>
>>61393588
shia labeouf?
>>
>>61393611
I don't see it but I'll take it.
>>
>>61393588
imo Moonsorrow is still the GOAT metal act
>>
>>61393588
also, I'm digging Ifing - thanks again!
>>
>>61393588
>you cut your hair
That's not very trve kvlt of you
>>
>>61393697
No problem, glad you like it.
>>61393699
I did that like years ago already. Right before I got together with my ex, whom ironically really liked long hair. Current one doesn't though which I'm good with.
>>
File: i want to be pure.gif (1 MB, 245x130) Image search: [Google]
i want to be pure.gif
1 MB, 245x130
>>61393135
am I the only one, I want to feel like a snowflake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta-Z_psXODw
>>
File: 1385341695550.jpg (76 KB, 590x568) Image search: [Google]
1385341695550.jpg
76 KB, 590x568
>>61393728
You were fine with Power Metal, but Alestorm?
>>
>>61393773
I know, it's an addiction
>>
>>61393801
At least listen to Pyramaze or something.
This song has maximum cheese in its lyrics, but it's also great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLfInejKmds

>THE UNICOOOOOOOOORN
>>
File: das it.jpg (21 KB, 501x185) Image search: [Google]
das it.jpg
21 KB, 501x185
>>61393834
this dank
>>
>>61392935
>the title track is quite obviously the centerpiece
totally fair statement
>>
>>61393728
Mago de Oz is another good folk metal band that I've never seen discussed on /mu/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTO-toY3Wao try this
>>
>>61394011
ya'll need more Irish bands in ya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpPMmhmmMdk

the only one I could find on youtube
>muh heritage
>the troubles etc...
>>
2015 was such a great year guys.
Much better than expected.
>>
File: Kollabs.png (589 KB, 992x571) Image search: [Google]
Kollabs.png
589 KB, 992x571
>Weiss+Cameron+Hill - Drumgasm
It was mandatory that I listened to this with headphones, given the complete mess that it would become on any other format.

The drumming is fast from beginning to end. Zach is placed in the middle of the spectrum (you can tell it is his drumming in the middle), and the other two drummers are kind of just following him around.

It's got some seconds of silence around the 20 minute mark, which made it look like 2 songs instead of one, but there were hardly any substancial change between the two parts.

An overall fun listen, didn't get tired of it at any point and it managed to interest me all the time

A 7/10 it is.

>Mats Öberg + Jonas Knutsson - Live
These swedes play so tight. Mats is definitely one of my favourite keyboard players of all time, although he plays a much jazzier roll here than he does with the Mats/Morgan band, so no crazy sounds nor insane soloing from the blind madman.

I've always enjoyed Jonas playing, he is one of my current favourite saxophone players, but that's cause I don't know many, and I'd love to be exposed to more playas.

Some songs ran a little longer than I woulda wanted. The first piece, for example, is beautiful, but kinda tiring once you get to the 6 minute mark and the same things are still going on.

7+/10. Salg Funk was my fav track.

>Jean Vanesse + Miroslav Vitous
Vibraphone + Bass. Comfy as fuck release.

The bass player is so out there, is so firey. The moments I enjoyed the most were the ones where Vanase would just play some little notes and Vitous would approach his bass playing with ferocity. There's really no other way I know to describe such sound.

8/10. Favourite tracks are Tom Boy and Thaks Billy
>>
>>61394692
Giving it a solid 5+/10, could've been worse
>>
File: Animal Collective.jpg (2 MB, 1618x2505) Image search: [Google]
Animal Collective.jpg
2 MB, 1618x2505
>>61394855
Messed up the Nouvelle Cuisine title. I just never double check before smashing the post button ¯\(ツ)/¯

I am thinking of starting with this chart. Is there a similar one for every Swans related release?
>>
>>61395012
don't think there's a Swans one, but I could probably make it tomorrow if you want

Also I wanna do that AnCo chart too, looks really good
>>
>>61395451
That'd be nice of you, yes.
Let's /anco/, I am listening to HCTI rn.
>>
File: 1451546641068.jpg (1 MB, 1680x2040) Image search: [Google]
1451546641068.jpg
1 MB, 1680x2040
>>61395650
Speaking of anco, I'll be listening to sung tongs on my old fashioned calendar next month!
>>
HELP

Can anyone rec me a good pair of headphones for under/around $100 (about 100 euro)? Preferably ones that go all the way over the ears and have a detachable/replaceable cord. Suggestions are much appreciated.

Also I hope y'all have a good new years eve.
>>
>>61395650
I'm making the Swans chart atm, do you want me to also include all the singles or just albums/EPs?

>>61395794
Sung Tongs is the best thing ever t bh, I think you'll like it
>>
>>61395805
I have the akg k240s- got them on Amazon for like 60USD from their list price of 150~USD
Sound leaks in and out since they're open though, so if you're not listening primarily in quiet places I'd look into the Sony mdrv6's, those were my second choice
>>
>>61395805
Not sure those Sony's have a detachable cord tho
>>
>>61395859
>include all the singles or just albums/EPs?
I think the singles add nothing to their EPs & LPs, right? Include side projects, Jarboe albums, live albums, pls.
>Sung Tongs is the best thing t b h
I have yet to listen to something as superior as Danse Manatee, tbqh.
>>
>>61395977
>I have yet to listen to something as superior as Danse Manatee, tbqh.
lol
>>
>>61395805
I've got 2 pair of Sennheisers - a $30 pair and a $500 pair. Both are great - I think the HD280 goes for about $100. It doesn't have the detachable cord but it will be tough to beat in terms of sound and comfort.
The Sony's are good too like Nyar said
>>
>>61395883
The akg seems like what I'm looking for, I think I'll get em. Thanks!

>>61396163
Thanks for the recs! I think I'm gonna go with the AKGs though.
>>
>>61396307
looks like a good choice - usually open-back headphones sound better than closed
>>
>>61395805
>>61396163
If he's going to go Sennheiser he ought to shell out some extra cash for HD558s.
I've had them for over four years now and they're still amazing. It has a detachable cord too.
The one caveat, which didn't bother me personally, is that they're open ear, meaning that they're loud in public.
>>
Final chart of the year

also
http://strawpoll.me/6416020
>>
Vote for the Best Board of 2015

http://strawpoll.me/6415189
>>
>>61396765
Don't do a Photoshop calendar- use ms paint like the cool kids!
(Though I used gimp for my background but shh I'll never tell)
>>
>>61396903
my mac doesn't have paint :/
>>
>>61396753
agreed - the higher-end Senns are awesome.
>>
File: animal collective collective.jpg (977 KB, 1618x2505) Image search: [Google]
animal collective collective.jpg
977 KB, 1618x2505
>Here comes the indian
This was like immersing my head in a pool of lsd. The somewhat short bursts in which the music is presented in the first song gives me this lysergic feeling every time.
There are no extreme experimentation techniques on this record, or screech-ey sections to blur the voices, as in previous efforts, but it does sound better than anything the collective have recorded up until this point.

Infant Dressing Table and Panic are the highlights for me. It's as best as the album gets imo.
The drone gets intense in Two sails on a Sound. I need more drone like this in my library, it is so organic, to say something nice.
And then Slippi is kinda unnecesary and the closer feels much like the opening track.

8/10

>Spirit they've gone, Spirit they've vanished

A solid debut, and always a great listen. It is mixed a little weird, because I can't hear the vocals or the bass (keys) at some points, and that bugs me.

I've always felt like half of these songs get better when they get to the middle section, where things change for the better. This happens, again, in most songs.
Favs are Untitled, Penny Dreadfuls, and the final section of La Rapet.

8-/10

>Sung tongs
This was a big change in Anco's sound, but a coherent move. It is the first Anco related release I have ever heard, and I hadn't paid much attention to it since 2011 tβh

Since everyone praises it so highly, I thought about rambling about what I think is terrible about it.
Kids on Holiday felt generic, Visiting friends is a tad too long and repetitive, and We tigers is plain /annoying/
But really, it was a good record.

Favs are The softest voice, Winters love and Mouth wooed her.

8+/10
>>
>>61396939
Just use photoshop, I don't remember anything with the fucking spreadsheet thingy
>>
>>61397104
The spreadsheet is just faster to throw in a lot of albums into.
>>
File: 1432154168207.png (17 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1432154168207.png
17 KB, 255x255
NYE here, happy new year /daily/ people! Hope yall have fun in 2016.

>inb4 >having fun >ever
>>
>>61395805
I have a pair for about $50 but I can't quite remember the name. I think it is Gemini HSR 1000. No detachable cord though
>>
File: Term and S.png (2 MB, 1255x682) Image search: [Google]
Term and S.png
2 MB, 1255x682
two reviews for almost 2016 fun

阿部薫 - 木曜日の夜 (1972)
>free improvisation, free jazz

The very soft, unsure applause makes me think that maybe 10 people tops are in this audience, which is a fuckin' shame considering I've give my life savings to be in the audience of this exhilirating performance. Abe's saxophone sounds are so far removed from what I normally expect a saxophone to sound like its insane, the thing sounds like a dog toy mixed with a lawnmower at some points. Shockingly, I think it may be a bit /too/ free, and completely lacking in coherency, but the sheer amount of sound that this one man is making and the fact that he's coaxing these sounds out of such a standard instrument is revolutionary.

3.0+

Cloud Nothings - Attack on Memory (2012)
>post-hardcore, indie rock

There's one thing that kills this album, and that's its sequencing. "No Future / No Past" is a dissonant, Slint-inspired post-hardcore track that seems to revel in its anger, and it boasts some killer guitar work. And then there's "Wasted Days", a 9-minute jam of a lifetime, and one of the best tracks of the 2010s I've heard. And then there's the other 6 tracks, which are just generic, 2indie4me, sorry excuses for post-hardcore. Basically, the phenomenal first 2 tracks build up expectations so high that nothing could possibly ever reach them, even if the following tracks were actually noteworthy, which they aren't. The drum work is very consistent and spectacular though, and the album as a whole is better than its successor.

2.0+

>>61395805
the ath-m50s are real good and come w/ a detachable cord, even though they're a meme. i've been using my pair for like a year and a half with no problems. but i'm real far from an audiophile and i'm not knowledgable about audio equipment, so take what i'm saying with a grain of salt.
>>
need round 2 recs from
nyar
damnsjans
thomas
trapinfluences
500 - 5000 rates.
>>
Happy new york

>>61398002
Did I win yet?
>>
>>61398002
Between 500 and 5000 rates?
>>
>>61398099
50 - 500 rates for you bb
>>
>>61398124
To clarify: yes.
>>
>>61398099
>Happy new york
but its only 7 pm here term
>>
>>61398168
Jackie-o motherfucker- fig. 5
>>
File: CAM00520.jpg (862 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
CAM00520.jpg
862 KB, 1920x2560
Have a happy shitty new year, that we may all discover dank new shit and acquire qt gfs

>>61397344
>having fun
>ever
>>61398002
Elliott Smith - Roman Candle
>>
Good Night /daily/!
>>
>>61398468
Happy new year! Have >fun with that bottle.
>>
File: Hasture_vapecember_2015.jpg (1 MB, 1576x1124) Image search: [Google]
Hasture_vapecember_2015.jpg
1 MB, 1576x1124
r.i.p 2015
>Hong Kong Express - 浪漫的夢想

Like the atmosphere that the album produces but this is ultimately indistinguishable from everything else I heard from this month. Best if you listen to this album while drunk (at midnight) at a really upscale shopping mall following a beautiful woman who may or may not be a mannequin brought to life through the powers of dreams.

Also there is a song that uses auto-tune track that I'm on the fence of liking.
>>
File: Freeform Chart.png (459 KB, 1560x720) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart.png
459 KB, 1560x720
Bill Evans Trio - Waltz for Debby (1962)
>cool jazz

Super chill and smooth, nearly to the point of being boring, but it keeps my attention throughout its runtime. Mainly because its so fucking tight and studio-sounding for a live album, these 3 guys are so incredibly talented. Evans' piano is bouncy and vibrant, while still having a certain melancholy to it, LaFaro's bass keeps the chill in line, while giving the sound a bit of groove, and Motian's low-key drumming keeps everything together, while not being intrusive and giving Evans' and LaFora's solos room to breathe. Dated and a bit boring, but still good stuff.

3.0-

>>61398468
>implying anybody here needs more companionship than the glow of our monitors and dank tunes
>>
Happy new meme
>>
File: dog pants.jpg (17 KB, 635x378) Image search: [Google]
dog pants.jpg
17 KB, 635x378
Something to ponder for the new year
>>
File: January 2016.png (1 MB, 880x755) Image search: [Google]
January 2016.png
1 MB, 880x755
Seems like these threads are one of the only safe places on /mu/ to seriously discuss music.

>Charlemagne Palestine - Strumming Music
4.5/5

My introduction to this mans work. I would say perhaps the most textbook minimalist piece I've heard. Moreso than the aestheticized compositions of Reich, Glass, Riley, or Eastman he really gets to the center examining repetition and gradual process without thinking about aesthetics. Piano has neutralized itself in the western cannon. When I hear piano I do not think about much outside of it as it is so universalized in the world I grew up in as a white middle class male in the U.S. Whereas if I hear marimba like in Reich's minimalist masterpiece I am immediately thinking about its culture of origin and music traditions it originated from. It immediately gets me thinking about other ideas rather than purely sonic ones. Even other piano works like those of Julius Eastman lack the neutrality of "Strumming Music" as they are so powerfully emotional-- causing me to think about the artist as a person and process behind it. This work stands out to me because it is so neutral. It allows the listener to fully think about how the sound is changing and slowly evolving. Only transfixed by the patterns forming in our minds. I heard this on the train and as I listened i felt the slowly evolving vibrations of the train, saw someone else with headphones in tapping his fingers, two people talking and making slow head movements that seemed to steadily repeat, all becoming part of this world of overlapping evolving patterns. Its easy to see why so much of the worlds spiritual music revolves around gradual evolving drones and ambient soundscapes. It really seems to reveal the workings of the world like no other musical style.
>>
hey guys just check them. them. you know what i mean
>>
Happy new year you meme loving fucks.

>>61399066
Loaf.

>>61399260
Shit digits bud.
>>
>>61399066
Nice write up, I'm very excited to hear his most recent release tomorrow. It'll be my first time listening to him
>>
>>61398146
:3c

Merzbow - Flare Gun

>>61398480
Weak, thought u were le party hard normie but ur knocked out by 1, smfh tbqh family
>>
>>61399066
>DIIV - Is the Is Are (2016)
1.5/5

I tend not to care much for this style of music these days but I listened to it because Real Estate and Beach Fossils' early singles were some of the first music I ever really connected with coming out when I first started actively searching for music on the internet. I got more or less exactly what I expected with this music. Decent "chill," catchy jangle pop. The songs themselves are fairly good for what they are but as an album it just seems silly. Its more or less the same song repeated 17 times, clocking in at over an hour. I dont think I have ever seen a straightforward pop rock release work at that length and this is no exception. Its not just the same song from this album repeated. Its everything from their last album and everything from the first Beach Fossils releases. Theres no innovation from when I first started hearing this style a lot around 2008.
>>
>>61399598

>David Borden - Places, Times, and People (1995)
3/5

I am a huge fan of this mans work but this feels like his most confused discombobulated release. That said that might just mean it will take the most time to fully understand. Released in 1995 it was one of his last official albums yet feels like he was experimenting and trying lots of different new things (usually characteristics of an artists early career.) The album is composed of alternate versions of some of his older pieces and then some songs dedicated to and influenced by other musicians. In this way it feels like a lot of studying and feeling things out. Which makes it a real shame not much has come out from him since then. It feels like a turning point. His 70s and 80s output maps a story of him growing and becoming more familiar with composing minimalist inspired pieces for synthesizer. At some point he more or less perfected it. Yet why this album excites me is that he seemed to be moving away from the style he perfected something a lot of composers lack the will to do. Hearing him do stuff that sounds like something off of Wendy Carlos's Beauty in the Beast was not something I ever expected from him. However on this it feels like hes just beginning to dip into a whole bunch of new ideas with clear lineages. Thats why its a shame nothing came to follow up with the new ideas presented on this album.
>>
>>61399455
>Weak, thought u were le party hard normie but ur knocked out by 1, smfh tbqh family
nah m8, I just restrict myself from posting drunk kek, making an exception just for you.
>>
>>61391379
>It really is perfect.
>9.5/10
k
>>
File: this is gonna be a fun chart.png (3 MB, 1588x1857) Image search: [Google]
this is gonna be a fun chart.png
3 MB, 1588x1857
merry christmas
>>61398002
John Cale - Fear
>>
>>61400122
Start your new year right, listen to destroyer next
>>
Bump nerds, sucks to be with my parents tonight, new yeezy sucks ass
>inb4 all yeezy sucks ass
>>
>>61401499
all yeezy sucks shit tho
>>
Bump for '16
>>
trapinfluences wins
>>
>>61401826
sweet what did I win
>>
>>61402332
a faceoff with term. 50 - 500 rym rates bwoi
>>
>>61401499
It sounds like a throwaway track, it's not great but it's alright
>>
>>61402432
This is what people say about every bad Yeezy track. Like it might not end up on the album but that could just as well be because of the backlash
>>
>>61402614
true
but this actually sounds like something he's just dropping
like he seems like a mega perfectionist so I don't think he'd put what's basically a jumpman freestyle on the album but you know idk
>>
File: tournament 3.jpg (2 MB, 3136x1996) Image search: [Google]
tournament 3.jpg
2 MB, 3136x1996
4 spots left

-Must join with an album; no reservations
-Look at my rym before you rec
https://rateyourmusic.com/~ricebeansandegg
-Don't fuck up, users will be rated on their fuck up amount if they do.
-Don't
>>
>>61402931
Idaho- Year After Year
>>
>>61402931
Dave Brubeck Quartet- Time Out
>>
>>61402931
Fishmans - Long Season
>>
File: January.png (926 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
January.png
926 KB, 1500x1500
This is my January chart. I spent a couple of hours picking albums trying to make sure that I was excited to listen to every single release, but I gave up and ended up padding it with 2015 releases. Unfortunately most music sucks.
>>
>>61402931
Abner Jay - True Story of Abner Jay
>>
>>61402931
wow i might be completely fucked
>>
File: Freeform Chart.png (497 KB, 1560x720) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart.png
497 KB, 1560x720
last album of 2015 boys!

Human Remains - Using Sickness as a Hero (1996)
>grindcore

Super innovative and technical grind. Far too short though, I want this sound on a full-length with longer and more fleshed-out songs. Full of good ideas, that are executed well, but could be executed better, but its still heavy as fuck and a good listen.

3.0+
>>
File: tournament 3.jpg (2 MB, 3136x1996) Image search: [Google]
tournament 3.jpg
2 MB, 3136x1996
>>61402931
well, here we go
>>
>>61403518
well I'm fucked, long season is so lovable.
>>
>>61403236
>>61403546
fucked buddies
we'll see, the fuck up-ometer will tell
>>
>all these tastees listening to music that came out before 2016
get with the times, grandpas
>>
>>61403546
I'll probably be put through to the next round as soon as the synths come in on the first track.

>>61403664
Would you mind posting your first tournament? I remember being in it, but that's all.
>>
Kendrick Lamar marries a white woman
>>
>>61403856
But Kendrick is already married despai
>>
File: GW300H225.jpg (11 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
GW300H225.jpg
11 KB, 300x225
guys I've watched 4 seasons of Ben 10 since christmas help end me
>>61402431
oh bwoi
Robyn Hitchcock - Jewels For Sophia
>>
>>61403933
Well fuck off TPAB was shit
>>
File: tournament 2.jpg (2 MB, 3136x1996) Image search: [Google]
tournament 2.jpg
2 MB, 3136x1996
>>61403833
you were in tourney 2, witch did not get finished
>>
>>61403993
What was your AOTY, fellow anon.

>>61404036
Oh, right.

Still salty over that Yerself Is Steam rating, also glad the tournament ended there because Weird Sister would probably have lost.

Thanks btw.
>>
File: goat.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
goat.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>>61404085
>>
>>61403993
I wasn't too big of a fan of it either. Lost it's charm after a while. I did find some neat hip hop albums from this year though. Yaves' Prince Among Thieves was my personal favorite.
>>
>>61404117
If you like parody rap like Barter 6, you should check out Weird Al Yankovic, he does a similar thing.
>>
>>61404157
I am straight one hundred underscore emoji
Barter 6 was 2015's AOTY /hhg/wise
>>
>>61404207
I've actually never heard it.

Was it really /hhg/'s AOTY?
>>
>>61404289
100% Yes
If you have honestly been sleeping on thugger and automatically labeling him as just parody than you have no considerable opinions to discuss over the current hip hop scene
>>
>>61404415
I may give him a go now, maybe right now. I'm in a 2015 catch-up/Trap mood anyway.
>>
File: January.png (927 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
January.png
927 KB, 1500x1500
>Cousin Stizz - Suffolk County (2015)
I just want to put a "I've barely listened to any Trap warning" at the start of this. I have however, listened to too much Cloud Rap, which Suffolk County reminded me a lot of.

Instead of those ethereal uplifting beats and mumbled reverbed vocals, Cousin Stizz uses slowed down, bass heavy trap influenced beats, and raps in this laid back yet aggressive trap style.

I've got a pretty bass heavy system set up, so I probably would have enjoyed just listening the the rhymic bass thumping for 50 minutes, but the rest of this album was pretty enjoyable as well. Not something that I'd sit down and attentively listen to, but it'll probably find its way into my background hip hop rotation.

6/10
>>
File: january.png (994 KB, 753x675) Image search: [Google]
january.png
994 KB, 753x675
Max Roach- We Insist!
I thought all vocal jazz was corny. Boy was I wrong. Abbey Lincoln's voice adds to the atmosphere and emotions of the album in a major way. Speaking of atmosphere, Protest was probably the most terrifying atmosphere I've ever heard an album create. The drum fuckery here, and the rareness of anything other than drums and vocals seems like it wouldn't work, but it really does, especially when Roach and Olatunji play off of each other's drums during the end of All Africa

4/5
>>
Merry Neu year u memes

>>61404117
Barter 6 over TPAB? Do you just like, hate variety?
>>
and finished
>>61404948
bretty good year if i do say so myself
>>
File: efgojinoerq.png (4 MB, 1580x1374) Image search: [Google]
efgojinoerq.png
4 MB, 1580x1374
>>61404970
fuck
>>
File: black moon days.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
black moon days.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>61404085
>>
File: calllllll.png (2 MB, 1666x1718) Image search: [Google]
calllllll.png
2 MB, 1666x1718
and now onto some unfinished buisness
>>
>>61405007
man that's a good chart idea, Is it all free?

>mfw see a band playing off the name Dario Argento,
>I'm Wet
>>
>>61405007
You seem to have self-hate issues :^)
>>
>>61404948
TPAB was the Hozier of hip hop
>>
>>61405034
>>61405034
it's all either free or fully streamable.
i tried to do a similar chart before where i picked whatever came up first in bandcamp's "selling now" bar in their homepage. i figured it would be a good chance to find and highlight some lesser known, but deserving, artists.
this was the first album i had to listen to:
https://pinkamenaparty.bandcamp.com/album/arse-hooves-day
i made it halfway through the month before giving up. i did mostly the same thing this time, but i was slightly more selective about my picks.
>>61405072
there are a lot of artists in there that i already have faith as to not put out shit. i'll be shocked if the releases by jim, celer, casitone, or djwwww are bad
>>
Inspired partly by, >>61404995, would a /daily/ aoty chart like the old top albums thing be a good idea?

>>61405007
Compared to round one, this chart seems bearable!

Unless round one wasn't the chart that was a combination of red and bad albums.
>>
>>61405111
Still much better than Barter 6 imo. Not that I'm a huge fan of either.
>>
File: 1449265623951.gif (2 MB, 366x201) Image search: [Google]
1449265623951.gif
2 MB, 366x201
>>61405126
i'd be down
>>
File: I need an adult.png (18 KB, 280x311) Image search: [Google]
I need an adult.png
18 KB, 280x311
>>61405120
My god man

>>61405126
I'd go for it, I didn't actually listen to a whole bunch
2nd vote is We Cool?
>>
>>61405170
believe it or not that wasn't the worst album of the month.
RBT is down right now so i can't link to it, but i went on a 6+ ms word document page long rant about brentalfloss's album.
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/brentalfloss/bits_of_me/
i'll link to it when i can.
it's funny because i could probably get in touch with him pretty easily. one of the leaders at the movie making program i went to for a few summers as a kid does camerawork for the angry video game nerd and is personal friends with brent.
>>
does anyone have the tourney template?
>>
>>61404739
If you're not going in order, do Grandeur of Hair next. They're really good
>>
>>61405126
I'll do anything if it means Sunrise of the Planetary Meme Collector gets to be touted around /daily/ some more
>>
File: 40 keks.png (1 MB, 2920x792) Image search: [Google]
40 keks.png
1 MB, 2920x792
>>61405252
>>
>>61405252
You know, AVN can actually be okay_hand every now and then
>>
File: DailyAOTYTemplate.png (16 KB, 1738x2100) Image search: [Google]
DailyAOTYTemplate.png
16 KB, 1738x2100
All the hard work is done (apart from font choice), so if you respond with name/AOTY I'll add it to the chart.

There's no limit. If you want to be added to it this time next year after 120 people are already on it then that's completely fine.

I'll probably drone it at some point as well, my 2015 game is pretty weak.

>>61404995
>>61405170
want to keep this choice?

>>61405283
I may as well do them next, which will probably be tomorrow morning or late at night today. It's basically harsh noise wall mixed with Shoegaze, no? Sounds pretty cool.
>>
>>61405395
The Mountain Goats - Beat The Champ
also if your going to drone i made a bomb ass 2k15 list https://rateyourmusic.com/list/StuffRodHeardAfterAugust/rodriguezs_favorite_releases_of_2015/
>>
>>61405395
Nah, We Cool is way doper than Black Moon Days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JidJV1ue1lI&index=4&list=PLTApr45G3y8MhLqiV95R-5nkqZ2Vb-Rrb
>>
>>61405267
srsly though, anyone have that tourney chart?
>>
>>61405395
Ethereal- I Think I'm on Fire.
>>
File: daily bracket transparent.png (41 KB, 3136x1996) Image search: [Google]
daily bracket transparent.png
41 KB, 3136x1996
>>61405446
>>
File: bike_dudes.jpg (67 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
bike_dudes.jpg
67 KB, 500x380
>>61405479
cheers mane
>>
File: tourney chart temp.png (29 KB, 1250x795) Image search: [Google]
tourney chart temp.png
29 KB, 1250x795
alright kents, get in here
>>
>>61405412
>but trust me when i say that this will make you convert.
Good kek
Thanks famm
>>
>>61405521
Bruce Smear - Chlorine
>>61405567
<3
>>
>>61405521
Spacemen 3 - The Perfect Prescription
>>
>>61405521
Larkin Grimm - Harpoon
>>
>>61405521
Anything goes?
>>
>>61405521
Lightning Bolt- Wonderful Rainbow
>>
>>61405395
FKA Twigs - M3LL155X

I think, but maybe that's uninteresting? I can't really decide between that and Sun Ra - To Those of Earth ...And Other Worlds, but I think it's FKA Twigs so just do that one.
>>
>>61405628
less than 2 and a half hours
>>
>>61405641
already heard, you've a spot though
>>
File: DailyAOTYTemplate.png (2 MB, 1738x2100) Image search: [Google]
DailyAOTYTemplate.png
2 MB, 1738x2100
This thing is looking sick, not sold on the background however.

>>61405521
Do you have an RYM/Last.fm to help with our choice?
>>
>>61405744
I think you killed nyar by picking his choice
>>
>>61405744
I don't
I have this
>>
>>61405778
change mine to Wrekmeister Harmonies - You've Always Meant So Much to Me
>>
>>61405778
it's about 4 months old though
>>
File: DAILYAOTY.png (2 MB, 1738x2100) Image search: [Google]
DAILYAOTY.png
2 MB, 1738x2100
>>61405678
>but I think it's FKA Twigs so just do that one.
done

>>61405766
I'm more than happy to have the objective best album of the year represented on the chart twice.

>>61405778
Cool, in that case I pick Black Tambourine - Complete Recordings
>>
>>61405866
Also the year on this should obviously be 2015.
>>
>>61405866
can't you use something like Helvetica neue ultralight for me?
>>
>>61405738
Charles Mingus- Mingus Ah Um
>>
File: DAILYAOTY.png (466 KB, 1738x2100) Image search: [Google]
DAILYAOTY.png
466 KB, 1738x2100
>>61405939
>Helvetica neue ultralight
changed because that's a pretty fly font.

If anyone else wants their font changed, just ask.
>>
File: tourney chart temp.png (194 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
tourney chart temp.png
194 KB, 1500x1000
>>61405778
In Progress
have all the album names and who the're from in a word document
>>
File: not liked genres.png (635 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
not liked genres.png
635 KB, 1000x1000
What next /idiots/?

also, pls fill in http://strawpoll.me/6418699!!!!
It's to decide what I should do on my long-ass flight saturday
>>
>>61405987
<3 also better background now!
>>
>>61405395
You already know my aoty, Kerr
PRATT 4 LYF
>>
>>61405521
The breadwinner by Graham Lambkin and Jason Lescalleet
>>
2016 crunked listening to tupacs's California

Happy 2016 Ya fucks:)
>>
>>61405990
Feels
>>
File: DAILYAOTY.png (503 KB, 1738x2100) Image search: [Google]
DAILYAOTY.png
503 KB, 1738x2100
>>61406035
I don't know why I waited to add it.

I finally saw her play the other week. omg. magic.

>>61406059
sounds like you know how to party
>>
>>61405990
seconding feels. it's a good way to bring in the new year.
>>
>>61406016
oh this reply was meant for >>61405982
sorry
>>
>>61405982
Lightning Bolt- Fantasy Empire
>>
File: DAILYAOTY.png (575 KB, 1738x2100) Image search: [Google]
DAILYAOTY.png
575 KB, 1738x2100
>>61406168
Cool.

So far this seems like a fun chart to drone, as I've heard none of them apart from JP, which I'll get to listen to another two times.

>>61406162
><3 also better background now!
It's actually the same background, except I pressed one of them magic filter buttons in photoshop.
>>
>>61406095
I do alright

You should add prurients - frozen niagra falls. Its a solid 2015 noise album.
>>
>>61405987
moonjacque? more like moon ain't worth jacque squat, buster :^]
>>
>>61406235
>You should add prurients - frozen niagra falls. Its a solid 2015 noise album.
is that your AOTY?
>>
>>61406254
Yes
>>
>>61406227
Have you listened to the sunset celestial nocturnal emissions hoarder yet?
>>
File: DAILYAOTY.png (669 KB, 1738x2100) Image search: [Google]
DAILYAOTY.png
669 KB, 1738x2100
>>61406264
cool, added.

>>61406271
no, the only Terry Riley release I've heard is the Scaruffi one.
>>
>>61406227
Holly Herndon - Platform
Probably my AOTY.
>>
File: tourney chart temp.png (245 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
tourney chart temp.png
245 KB, 1500x1000
>>
File: currents.jpg (472 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
currents.jpg
472 KB, 1200x1200
listening to the new Tame Impala today because my friend irl was like "nah man, it's actually a good album, plus they have a song called nangs"

Not hating it
I come from the same place geographically as well, great music scene in Fremantle

btw nangs are Nitrous Oxide inhaled recreactionally
>>
File: DAILYAOTY.png (695 KB, 1738x2100) Image search: [Google]
DAILYAOTY.png
695 KB, 1738x2100
>>61406373
done!
>>
first reply picks my first full listen of 2016
>>
File: a1639664026_16.jpg (48 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
a1639664026_16.jpg
48 KB, 320x320
>>61406530
>>
>>61406539
thanks.
>>
File: cover.jpg (84 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
84 KB, 700x700
>>61406380
Kammerflimmer Kollektief - Cicadidae
>>
File: the-days-within.jpg (100 KB, 992x992) Image search: [Google]
the-days-within.jpg
100 KB, 992x992
>>61406423
Vert - The Days Within
>>
File: DAILYAOTY.png (706 KB, 1738x2100) Image search: [Google]
DAILYAOTY.png
706 KB, 1738x2100
>>61406652
added
>>
File: DAILYAOTY.png (708 KB, 1738x2100) Image search: [Google]
DAILYAOTY.png
708 KB, 1738x2100
>>61406702
fixed the lack of s.
>>
File: january.png (993 KB, 753x675) Image search: [Google]
january.png
993 KB, 753x675
David Bowie- Station to Station
Talk about a comeback. I can hardly believe that he released this after an album as boring and mediocre as Young Americans. The saxophone and Motown backup singers are gone, replaced with the funkiest basslines ever on a white man's album, and a new ambition it seems. The album is filtered through an art rock sensibility, sounding like Eno's Taking Tiger Mountain.The atmosphere of the album is very warm yet distant, like a method actor so lost in his role he doesn't know how to act like a normal human. Songs like TVC15 are upbeat and reminiscent of glam era Bowie, while the title track sounds alien and cold. Really the only thing keeping this album from perfection is that it blows it's load within the first two tracks, and while the other tracks are amazing, they never reach the perfection of the first two tracks.

4.5/5
>>
Good morning! A new year, a new 2nd of october

>>61405395
>>61405395
Oren Ambarchi & Johan Berthling - Tongue Tied

Is also misha's aoty so add both of our names to the chart 0: also the download link is in the archive

>>61405521
Sonny Sharrock - Ask the Ages

>>61405990
>not liking Ulver
Try s/t
>>
File: DAILYAOTY.png (793 KB, 1738x2100) Image search: [Google]
DAILYAOTY.png
793 KB, 1738x2100
>>61406986
Good to hear that album is good, have it on my current January chart. Oren is the best.
>>
>>61402931
>-Don't
Dead?

>>61406380
Moines du temple Daitokuji de Kyôto - Japon : Zen Hôyô, Liturgie du Bouddhisme Zen
Wow, it's not Dead! Amazing!
>>
>>61407057
open inside
>>
File: beethoven.jpg (7 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
beethoven.jpg
7 KB, 201x251
Good Morning /daily/!

New year, same shitty music. I'll make a calendar now.

>>61405744
wb Kerr!

if there is still space
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/michael_gordon/dystopia/
>>61405521
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/henry_purcell/dido_and_aeneas_f1/
>>
>>61407070
Musical Abortions>The Walking Dead tbqh
>>
File: DAILYAOTY.png (818 KB, 1738x2100) Image search: [Google]
DAILYAOTY.png
818 KB, 1738x2100
>>61407078
tku

Also, there will always be space, so added. Looks cool.
>>
File: tourney chart temp.png (360 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
tourney chart temp.png
360 KB, 1500x1000
5 SPOTS LEFT GOGOGOGO
>>
File: CS2316900-02A-BIG.jpg (598 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
CS2316900-02A-BIG.jpg
598 KB, 700x700
>>61407135
>>
>>61407135
Begnagrad - s/t
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJNv7hZ-xcA

guise
guise?
>>
File: DJ Stingray 313 - F.T.N.W.O.jpg (82 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
DJ Stingray 313 - F.T.N.W.O.jpg
82 KB, 800x800
>>61405521
>>
File: Acronym - June.jpg (222 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Acronym - June.jpg
222 KB, 1024x1024
>>61407120
Here you go
>>
>>61407135
Michio Miyagi - Masterpieces of Koto
>>
File: image.jpg (250 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
250 KB, 800x800
>>61407135
>>
File: January 2016.png (1 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
January 2016.png
1 MB, 2000x1500
Posting new chart

What's good?
>>
File: tourney chart temp.png (475 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
tourney chart temp.png
475 KB, 1500x1000
one left
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 122

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.