[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which album would you recommend to someone who wants to get into rap?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1451475713414.jpg (59 KB, 483x463) Image search: [Google]
1451475713414.jpg
59 KB, 483x463
Which album would you recommend to someone who wants to get into rap?
>>
>>61388537
the first album, like you would with any artist
>>
Rap is a subgenre of pop. If you want to 'get into' it, listen to singles and don't bother with the rest, since it will be filled with throwaway tracks and embarrassing skits.
>>
Paul's Boutique
Clppng
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
>>
>>61388551
Straight outta compton?
>>
10 required listening (80s-90s albums)

>Eric B & Rakim - Paid In Full
>Public Enemy - It Takes A Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back
>The Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
>Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the 36 Chambers
>Nas - Illmatic
>The Notorious BIG - Ready to Die
>Outkast - Aquemini
>Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt
>A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory
>GZA - Liquid Swords

10 required listening (00s-10s albums)

>50 Cent - Get Rich Or Die Trying
>Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
>Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury
>Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels 2
>Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid, maad City
>Waka Flocka Flame - Flockaveli
>Madvillain - Madvillainy
>Lil Wayne - Tha Carter III
>Death Grips - The Money Store
>Jay-Z - The Blueprint
>>
Big Moe - City of Syrup if you want good rap
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>61388586
>Rap is a subgenre of pop. If you want to 'get into' it, listen to singles and don't bother with the rest, since it will be filled with throwaway tracks and embarrassing skits.
>>
>>61388834
>>61388859
Thanks. Here's some booty
>>
>>61388537
Marshall Mathers LP
get fucked niggas
>>
>>61388537
illmatic, 36 chambers, liquid swords
>>
>>61388923
listen to this if you want trash
>>
>>61388972
>le eminem is too mainstream xd
grow balls
>>
>>61388923
if this is your first rap album you are probably going to be cursed with at least five years of shit taste
>>
>>61388537
Things by That Madvillain guy and his personas, Big L, 90s Snoop Dogg, Madlib, Tribe Called Quest, Pharcyde, Camp Lo, Wu Tang and it's members, Gang Starr, early Three Six Mafia.
Also don't dismiss stuff for being popular, 2pac and Biggie are great.
>>
>>61389022
>recs eminem
>tries to insult others
k
>>
File: 1447367491870.jpg (164 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1447367491870.jpg
164 KB, 1024x1024
>>61389116
listen to this man op
Also Digable Planets, Blu, AZ, De La Soul, Gravediggaz, Quasimoto, and Viktor Vaughn
>>
>>61388622
How does one rec Clppng to a normalfag? Listen to the first track and Get up and tell me how the fuck does a normie enjoy literal noise with rapping?

[spoiler]i actually got into hip hop thru death grips and clipping but i never was a normie tho[/spoiler]
>>
>>61388859
for rraelalalaaaaaaaaaaareals im same guy
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.