[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any way to create rock drum tracks on the computer that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: iu[1].jpg (295 KB, 900x1057) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
295 KB, 900x1057
Is there any way to create rock drum tracks on the computer that doesn't sound like shit? This is coming from a guitarist with no friends.
>>
buy them
>>
>>61385103
yes
>>
addictive drumz sounds okay

townsend used ezdrummer on ziltoid
>>
>>61385147
thank you brother
>>
>>61385147
this
plus drumboy from shuggah did the samples for the drumkit from hell pack iirc
>>
>>61385103
Logic has a live drummer simulation. otherwise, make friends or deal with shit drums. or make it super minimal
>>
>>61385103
Make the midi files, humanize them and use Addictive Drums 2
Use combinations of drum kits to get a more.... "pro" sound.
>>
make drum sounds with your mouth

instantly your album is more interesting than it's going to be otherwise.

i can tell.

you're heading down a bad path.
>>
>>61385346
A combination of beatboxing and hitting my table should be sufficient for the shit I will be churning out.
>>
>>61385103

samples and processing such as EQ and reverb

what DAW are you using?

>>61385147

This and also

>>61385291

by humanize he means if every hit is the exact same hardness and perfectly in time, it will sound programmed
>>
>>61385470
I use audacity. I mean all i really need it for is to lay different tracks on top of each other in time so why the fuck not
>>
File: Grain_1.png (94 KB, 891x706) Image search: [Google]
Grain_1.png
94 KB, 891x706
>>61385494

Well, a better program would make it easier, I'm talking about something a bit of googling and torrenting would sort out, see the way it is this pic for example?
>>
>>61385552
is that ableton?
>>
>>61385582

That's ableton, but any program will do, they all function more or less the same

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_audio_workstation

http://www.musicradar.com/tuition/tech/the-20-best-daw-software-apps-in-the-world-today-238905

research and torrent
>>
>>61385552
its called velocity. learn how to accent, decrescendo, how it changes the feel/swing.
youd be surprised what a fucking algorithm can do
>>
>>61385367
ariel pink did that on his early records.
>>
>>61386610
This guy's correct. I made 4 variations on a simple 4 bar loop and you would be surprised how different the pattern sounds with different grooves and no groove.

https://clyp.it/aet1xeix
>>61385552
This guy is also right, the stock kits in ableton aren't that bad t b h
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.