[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where should I start with Coil? I gave this a listen a couple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Where should I start with Coil?

I gave this a listen a couple of times earlier and it was quite enjoyable. Is there a particular release that's held highly by listeners?
>>
>>61383331

honestly i like scatology but everyone else hates it. listen to the album with the anal staircase or the one with the white cover and the weird looking thing.
>>
>>61383331
Ape of Naples
>>
Their late releases are probably your best starting place. Ape of Naples, New Backwards, etc.
>>
File: 1451091434755.jpg (50 KB, 600x591) Image search: [Google]
1451091434755.jpg
50 KB, 600x591
can't go wrong with the ape of naples
>>
>>61383601
this, then after/if you like it move on to their other stuff
>>
I was in the same position and I listened to Scatology and I liked it. I'm going in order for the rest of their releases but skipping some of the unremarkable ones.
>>
>>61383331
Music to play in the Dark
And the Ambulance..
Ape of Naples
Horse Rotorvator

No bad place to start anon C:
>>
Thanks for all the recc's guys, looks like Ape of Naples and Scatology will be my next listens. New Backwards after that perhaps if I enjoy those two.

I have to say, listening to this release again while reading your guys post, this music is unlike anything I've listened to. It sort of gives me a neofolk feel in some ways but not quite exactly. I guess that is to be expected since most of my neofolk listens have been Current 93.
>>
>>61383715
which song was your favorite off and the ambulance died in his arms?
>>
>>61383715
Scatology feels like dark techno/ambient. Whatever it is it's pretty dark.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.