[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everybody hate him exactly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (386 KB, 1417x1779) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
386 KB, 1417x1779
Why does everybody hate him exactly?
>>
jealousy that they didn't write Achtung Baby
>>
He bullied suicidal Ian Curtis
>>
>>61381883
he killed ian curtis
>>
Killed Ian Curtis, fakes charity work to promote his albums, music sounds the same and is shit, is notoriously a huge asshole to people
>>
File: The Joshua Tree.jpg (34 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
The Joshua Tree.jpg
34 KB, 500x500
>>61381962
>music sounds the same and is shit
I will fight you m8
>>
>>61381883
Responsible of the death of Ian Curtis.
>>
did bono actually bully ian curtis or is that just pasta
>>
He was fine before Achtung Baby then became the world's largest douchebag.
>>
He only had to send a picture to tell everyone he took the world's biggest crap...
>>
>>61382057
Achtung Baby/Soundtracks Vol. 1/Zooroopa was their best period though
>>
>>61381883
U2 are the epitome of cookie cutter momrock
>>
>>61382040
He did
>>
File: Zooropa.jpg (171 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Zooropa.jpg
171 KB, 500x500
>>61382606
The entire Eno period of U2 is a 9/10 minimum
>>
>>61381931
>>61381962
>>61382008
How?
>>
>>61382727
Except for you know, the post-00s stuff
>>
>>61382820
Songs of Innocence was pretty good though, The Troubles was one of my favorite tracks of 2014
>>
How did he bully Ian Curtis? i've read books about Joy Division and the post-punk era and I've literally never read that anywhere
>>
>>61382904
he didn't, Bono was a fan of Joy Division
>>
>>61382692
yeah. This is momrock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YaGR8ZX9Zo
>>
>>61383370
>momrock
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YaGR8ZX9Zo

Yup
>>
>>61383370
WITH OR WITHOUT UUUUUUU
>>
>>61383479
HOOWW LOOooOOOONGG!

CUZ TOOOOOOOONNIIIIITTTEEEE!
>>
UNO
>>
>>61383512
DOS
>>
A MOLE
DIGGING IN A HOLE
>>
>>61383512
TRES
>>
>>61383621
FOUR
>>
>>61383512
CATORCE
>>
>>61382904
no answer to this. I can find absolutely nothing regarding bono and Ian Curtis death other then praise from bono, so I guess no citation on this and it is just another unsubstantiated fairy tale reason to hate.
>>
He's fucking Bono.
Everybody fucking hates the name Bono.
He's not Bono,he's limpso
>>
>>61383851
His guitarist is literally named "The Edge" ffs
>>
>>61383851
>The gang had a ritual of nickname-giving. Bono had several names: first, he was "Steinhegvanhuysenolegbangbangbang", then just "Huyseman", followed by "Houseman", "Bon Murray", "Bono Vox of O'Connell Street", and finally just "Bono". "Bono Vox" is an alteration of Bonavox, a Latin phrase which translates to "good voice". It is said he was nicknamed "Bono Vox" by his friend Gavin Friday. He initially disliked the name; however, when he learned it translated to "good voice", he accepted it. Hewson has been known as "Bono" since the late 1970s. Although he uses Bono as his stage name, close family and friends also refer to him as Bono, including fellow band members.

He's just 2COOL4U
>>
>>61382727

Lanois is better than Eno.

anyway, U2 are great. Miss Sarejevo is their best track. Passengers is great.
>>
>>61382762
Yeah man. Bono is a fucking prick and a horrible, horrible person. It's not just U2's inexplicably popularity, shitty music, the fact that he views himself as the messiah, is the typical white trash republican billionaire, wears sunglasses a lot, is friends with war criminals, evades his taxes, or fakes his own charity work to promote his albums. It's because of what he did to Joy Division/Ian Curtis. The story goes that Bono visited Ian Curtis when both U2 and Joy Division were at next door studio, acted like a dick to him (and said some horrible things to him like that he hoped Ian died from one of his seizures, mocking Ian's epilepsy and depression, telling Ian that there was no way they could ever compete with U2's popularity and that Joy Division's next album would be a failure etc.), and Curtis hung himself 2 days later. Then, apparently, Bono visited Bernard Sumner only a few weeks after Ian's death and told him that he him that that he had to take Curtis' place in the band and that nothing could stop him. After Sumner refused, Bono repeatedly claimed that he was in fact Ian Curtis and only left after Sumner threatened to call the police on him. He then would repeatedly phone up the individual members of New Order begging them to join the band. One time, he became so enraged, Bono told Peter Hook he was going to kill Hook's ailing mother if Bono wasn't allowed to join. Seriously, you can't make this shit up. What a cunt. He deserves to rot in hell for what he did
>>
>>61384040
>"The story goes"
nothing more needs to be said. "The story goes" is undeniable fact.
>>
>>61384040
that is the biggest load of tinfoil I've heard about 80's post-punk music

U2 didn't even release their first album yet, and Bono apparently said Joy Division couldn't compete the U2's popularity?

c'mon son
>>
File: ZOOTV.jpg (301 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ZOOTV.jpg
301 KB, 1280x720
Favorite U2 song or experience,
Mine would be the performance of "Bullet the Blue Sky" when i saw the the ZOOTV tour in Las Vegas. The opening guitar riff accompanied by all of the broadcast towers emitting fog as a large burning crosses seemed to rise up out of the stage. Although truthfully the entire ZOOTV concert was unforgettable
>>
File: ZOO2LIVE.jpg (93 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ZOO2LIVE.jpg
93 KB, 500x500
>>61384528
The concert CD/DVD was good shit

Bullet's sounded amazing on the most recent tour also

https://youtu.be/llBT00k4318
>>
>>61384630
I have the Concert DVD from Sydney but truthfully I think the Adelaide show would have made a better Concert DVD. Looks like the concert on youtube has had the audio muted due to copyright. Bullet is still view able as a separate video at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S1h6hVhuDI
>>
>>61384001
I had to go and check to see if this was actually on a fucking website and sure as shit it is. What the fuck.
>>
>>61385107
Well...early in their career U2 seemed pretty humble. I never really thought that Bono named himself but never looked it up.
>>
>>61384008
Miss Sarajevo is underrated
>>
>>61384040
If everything here is true then if I saw Bono irl I would punch him in the fucking face harder than I would punch Aphex Twin in the face if he makes that album cover face.
>>
Blur of the 80s
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.