[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is Retrovertigo about?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 953x953
What is Retrovertigo about?
>>
Checked genius and look what I found. Look first.

Written in its totality by the band’s bassist, Trevor Dunn.

The state of mind was disillusionment with a world or society that values image and money over human life. While certain “retro” fashions and lifestyles are considered hip, the on-going tradition of human suffering continues. As the world progresses technologically, certain people value and emulate “the good ol' days”, while others are born into poverty never having progressed past the dark ages. The title “retrovertigo” is a term I came up with to describe my nausea regarding this phenomena. At the time I was living in SF where swing dancing was making a come-back, silicon valley was exploding, vintage clothes were expensive, and the notion that anything could be bought or sold–a soul, a tragedy, the end of the world—seemed viable"
—Trevor Dunn’s Website
>>
>>61381331
Patton's Beautiful voice
>>
>>61381798
wow thats really fucking pretentious
>>
>>61381895
Anything can be viewed as pretentious, you pretentious twat
>>
>>61381895
It's Trevor Dunn
>>
>>61381895
nice meme
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 166x245) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 166x245
>skipping the Holy Filament
>>
>>61381895
agree. thought it was about fuckin.

i like my songs about fuckin and violence.
>>
>>61381986
Why would anyone do this
It's clearly my favourite track
>>
>>61381895
do something about it m8, the way I see it we connected to discuss this great album so it's still a positive
>>
None of the know they were robots is pretty insane, is there more musuc out there that sounds like it?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-09-01h38m27s196.png (215 KB, 624x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-09-01h38m27s196.png
215 KB, 624x480
>>61382035
not Goodbye Sober Day or Sweet Charity tho
>>
>>61382226
i guess some parts of cross the breeze sounds similar
>>
>>61381798
Dunn is pretty underrated as a bassist and songwriter. He plays a lot with John Zorn now.
Also Everyone I Went to High School with Is Dead is great and wrote that too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK90UZMYpgs
>>
YOUR NOT HUMAN
>>
>>61382229
CHA CHA CHA CHAKA CHAKA CHAKA CHAKA CHAKA
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.