[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>50 years of popular music >only one album worth a shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: cover600x600 (2).jpg (103 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
cover600x600 (2).jpg
103 KB, 600x600
>50 years of popular music
>only one album worth a shit
>wasn't even released because it wasn't profitable

What a fucking shitshow
>>
who fucking cares, by the time it was just sitting there, the Beatles had already surpassed wilson, anyway
>>
>>61381105
>the Beatles had already surpassed wilson
None of The Beatles' shit came close to Wilson's.
>>
>>61381086
xD
>>
>>61381119
I agree, I enjoy the Beach Boys a lot more than the beatles.
>>
>>61381119
>>61381185
fucking wrong, the beatles were actually given access to everything wilson had worked on with Smile before it being considered for release, the whole 8 track

everything innovative or groundbreaking on Smile was better showcased on sgt pepper
>>
>>61381213
>everything innovative or groundbreaking on Smile was better showcased on sgt pepper
How so? Sgt Pepper had nothing great on it. Mr Kite is just fucking stupid. Absurdity for absurdity's sake. The end of A Day in the Life isn't even that good compared to half the shit off SMiLE like Mrs O'Leary's Cow.
>>
>That girly gay singing in Our Prayer
>HOW I LOVE MY GIRL!
>*slide whistle*
>YOU'RE UNDER ARREST!

Is this a meme? You're joking right? This is cringe at it's purest.
>>
>>61381239
The sad thing is that there are probably people who actually think this.
>>
>>61381086
It wasn't released because it wasn't properly finished. Brian, sadly, gave up, and the public got Smiley Smile.

I always wondered what the world would be like if this album was finished on time, the way Brian envisioned it. I'm sure it would've gave Sgt Pepper a good run for it's money. We'll just have to settle on studio bootlegs, whatever has been released on greatest hits compilations, and Brian's 2004 version, I guess. *sigh* What might've been..........
>>
>>61381119
Obvious bait
>>
>>61383289
You shut your whore mouth.
>>
>>61383355
I can't remember, it's Wilson the fat one or the unimaginative one? Oh wait the guy who actually wrote the songs was chuck Barry right?
>>
favorite moments on this album, /mu/?
1. The reprise of Child on Surf's Up
2. Who ran the iron horse?
3. The studio talking right before the sirens start on O'learys Cow
>>
File: wow.jpg (64 KB, 500x483) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
64 KB, 500x483
>>
>>61383436
He was both.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.