[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm getting a Minimoog Voyager in a month or two, what do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 2 (1).jpg (141 KB, 700x788) Image search: [Google]
2 (1).jpg
141 KB, 700x788
I'm getting a Minimoog Voyager in a month or two, what do?
>>
Buy multiple, cheaper synths instead
>>
>>61379806
>Minimoog Voyager

Change your purchase to something not retarded.
>>
>>61379838
Looks fun, what's wrong with it exactly?
>>
I sure fucking hope those bright as fuck xXKEWLLEDSXx can be turned off for chrissake.

also

>blue light

JUST FUCK MY CYCARDIAN RHYTHM UP SENPAI
>>
>>61379866
Nothing's wrong with it, it's not even that bad. I was using 4chan(tm) hyperbole(tm). I do think there's a ton of better choices, both new and used, for what it tries to do though.

If your heart's set on it it's not that bad of a choice. I regret the way this board's tone has crept into my posting.
>>
>>61379866
People complain about how it's expensive as fuck for a monosynth.
The reality is that it's a fuckload of fun and that's why I'm buying one.
>>
>>61379887
Knob next to the keyboard on the right controls the brightness. They can be turned completely off if that's your thing.
>>
>>61379913
I'll definitely agree with you that there are better synths overall for that kind of money, but god dammit I've wanted one of these since I started making music.
>>
File: imgext[1].jpg (177 KB, 1280x722) Image search: [Google]
imgext[1].jpg
177 KB, 1280x722
>>61379887
Really thought it was modded by whoever owns that particular one to look like that; can't believe that's how it looks stock.

Why have synth companies settled on such shit aesthetics? Pic related, has the exact same visual style as a cheap aftermarket car stereo from walmart.
>>
File: 1600-VoyagerXL_detail1.jpg (328 KB, 1600x695) Image search: [Google]
1600-VoyagerXL_detail1.jpg
328 KB, 1600x695
>>61379828
This synth will serve as my base of operations for a eurorack synth that I plan on building within the next year or so. I entertained the idea of getting an XL, but decided that it would be more economical to just get the CV expansion modules.
>>
>>61379956
Yeah, more power to you then man. It's like buying a car, there's an element of most bang-for-your-buck you should go for but ultimately you want something you're happy with and if X has been your dream machine for years you should just get that instead of something that's technically better but that you're not as stoked about.
>>
>>61379976
I don't think anyone (including me) would be willing to drop 4 grand on a monosynth if it didn't look like it was forged by the fucking gods.
>>
>>61379806
i could buy a korg mono/poly and a moog rogue for that amount of money
i think theyre a fuckton of fun, but not 3000 dollars worth of fun
play some good keith emerson shit though for me please
>>
>>61380006
Good analogy. Surprisingly enough, this will actually retain most of it's value, unlike a car. That always blew me away about the automotive industry. Unless it is hot off the press, cars really aren't worth shit.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.