[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Motorhead.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: lemmy-kilmister.jpg (145 KB, 670x992) Image search: [Google]
lemmy-kilmister.jpg
145 KB, 670x992
What is your all time Motorhead album and why?

And R.I.P to the man himself. There will never be another like him ever.

Btw, I'm really digging Another Perfect Day right now. I like that it shows off a bit more melodic side to the band that was previously unheard.
>>
Ace of spades and overkill were the peaks for them, had some good albums after but, i mean, not that good
>>
Overkill and Another Perfect Day probably. Dunno why, I never really considered Motorhead an album sort of band.
I would say No Remorse but that doesn't really count.
>>
If you asked this question 48 hours ago, you'd be told that you're a pleb and that Motorhead is dadrock trash.

Now all of a sudden, everyone is their biggest fan.

I hate you all.
>>
>>61378664
this
>>
>>61378664

Only cause this board is filled with sheltered suburban contrarian drone kids with no taste at all.
>>
I first listened to Motorhead when I was 12 and when I was learning guitar wanted to learn Ace of Spades. They're a cool band but they make typical rock music. I suppose at the time their music was fresh but they sound ovredone by now. I grew out of them within 2 weeks or so
>>
>>61378757
>I suppose at the time their music was fresh but they sound ovredone by now

Woa no shit dude, that's what happens with talentless hacks keep biting your sound for 40 years in a row non stop.
>>
>>61378812
Yea that's what I was implying. I should've said the bands they've influenced have made them sound like shit.
>>
>>61378664
Motorhead's discography is spotty desu, but when it hits the mark it's great. I remember I downloaded their debut album on /mu/ and that's what really turned me on to it.
>>
I think these is a disguised recs thread so that you can pretend to have loved motorhead before lemmys death and seem patrician
Anyway, before his death I only knew RAMONES and 1916 and upon finding out he had died I decided to listen to the whole album and it's actually pretty awesome
>>
>>61379269
That is a pretty damn good album. I like the song Make my Day the most.
>>
I once told my friend to play the Ace of Spades on a jukebox in our local pub. It was 2-3 times louder than all the other music on the jukebox and everybody except us left the pub.

That's the limited extent of my Motorhead fandom.
>>
>>61378664
Don't worry, Anon. I still think Motorhead is dadrock trash.
>>
My favorites in this exact order:

1. Inferno
2. Kiss of Death
3. Another Perfect Day
4. Sacrifice
5. Bastards
6. Orgasmatron
7. Overkill
8. Everything else is on place 8
>>
>>61378664
motorhead has always been the band that people say they love but no one actually listens to them because as far as corny hard rock trash goes, they manage to be really, really bad. Unlistenable. Can't get any dumber or less catchy.

AC/DC is the band the that everyone says they hate but secretly like it when something from back in black comes on the radio.
>>
>>61378202

ace of spades.
the only other album i had was some cheap compilation. i remember trying to steal a motorhead cd when i was 14 but left it under the coke machine.
>>
On Parole is my all time favorite. This was supposed to be their first album, and it was supposed to be released in 1976, but the label they were signed to said it was "Unreleasable" and stayed in the can until EMI bought the master tape. It has the ORIGINAL line up of "Twink" and Larry Wallis. If this album had come out when it was supposed to, Motorhead would be considered a PUNK band, and NOT a hard rock or heavy metal band. It sounds more like Never Mind the Bollocks than Ace of Spades. These songs would eventually be released on the official first album, but these versions are better, in my opinion.
>>
>>61378664
not a fan. but i enjoy a lot of their albums. started listening since 2004. so get fucked, you contrarian piece of shit. die.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.