[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you are objective and do really like Music, this album must
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (135 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
135 KB, 300x300
If you are objective and do really like Music, this album must be in your Top 20
>>
welp i guess i don't really like music

thanks for the memo op
>>
Why?
Make sure to use actual, MUSICAL arguments.
>>
Off the wall is better
>>
>>61377044

Sorry, must be far from there. maybe the end of top 100. Thriller is the revolution of music but that doesn't make it good. It's a step of music and you can dislike it while recognizing how much it impacted the music industry.I still think it's not Mj's finest work but songs like
Thriller ; Human nature ; Billie Jean ; P.Y.T ; Lady of my life These are gold stuff
Off the wall is one my all time favorite though, just enough soul funk and disco to make you die from goodness.
>>
File: thistbhfam.jpg (16 KB, 500x170) Image search: [Google]
thistbhfam.jpg
16 KB, 500x170
>>61377156
>>
>>61377099
I'm not op, i'm >>61377156

Do you know how important this record was to the industry ? It shaped the pop you know and might like, It gave a greater importance to videoclips, hell he was the first black artist on mtv. I don't have the right word to tell how impactful it was. It might be some luck, like it's not really political or something, this album is just a mere joyful music but it mastered everything from that time. Rock, soul, funk, influenced musical genre
>>
>>61377255
>It gave a greater importance to videoclips

this x100. MJ shaped the modern music video.
>>
>>61377255
I asked for musical arguments, not "ITS IMPORTANT" arguments.
>>
>>61377430
Look, you'll always hate it if you want to that your subjectif opinion, i'm not changing that I don't give a shit.

But following OP's rules, objectively you can't just say this wasn't the record.
I gave you arguments, you don't find them musical enough that's your problem, I don't even know if we could speak about the music itself did you listen to Thriller ? Then maybe we could talk about each and every song and you will tell me why it is not perfect ? At that time Mj had a amazing voice, his producer Quincy Jones was kicking and gave him so much good music. It was the right time and the right place.

So ? Wanna be starin' something ? I'm ready to work from sun up to midnight, anon.
>>
>>61377044
Maybe I listen to music more than you
>>
>>61377572
There's decent disco music.
There's no real innovation though. Very little dissonance, very little creativity harmonically (most songs are on one harmony) etc.
>>
>>61377785
If that's the only argument you found, then I doubt you've listened to it. Or you must have put it while doing loudy shit hearing it but not listening.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.