[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been avoiding listening to Death Grips for the longest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: homepage_large.2f346877.jpg (44 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.2f346877.jpg
44 KB, 319x319
I've been avoiding listening to Death Grips for the longest time and finally I broke down and gave them a listen.
I've been looking up some of the lyrics because I really can't understand what MC Ride is saying most the time.
"I light my torch and burn it. I am the beast I worship." Is one of the lyrics that has stood out to me the most.
Any other good/favorite lyrics that anyone else may have?
>>
>>61376927
lots of them
Burnett's one of the best lyricists i've ever seen
>>
>>61376988
I agree. The lyrics are really great. It took me a while to realize he wasn't just screaming gibberish.
>>
>>61376927
i haven't been on this board since yeezus so i don't know how you guys are with this now so maybe i'm posting in the shitposting general

but his lyrics are genuinely some of the most thought provoking that i know of in modern music. he's really a poet, imo, and captures the spirit of modern america incredibly well, as well as touching on occult topics which are of great interest to me. trying to figure out god. power. paranoia. just feelings and thoughts i relate to a lot and see all around me
>>
I think ExM lyricism is generally better. I think that charles manson sample works so well.
>>
here's some of his best work:

fuck bloom bam fuck bam blew fuck boom blam
fuck new glam fuck glam new fuck goon gland
fuck fluke flam fuck flim fluke fuck half shoe
fuck glim sham fuck gam through we statue
fuck well well fuck our well we're idiot
fuck well well fuck our well we're idiot
fucks buy us fuck bind spell we cakewalk
fuck suspect we foretell we seance
fuck he she they we make me feel
ugh ugh ugh
>>
>>61377127
I disagree strongly, but can see your way of looking at it

>>61377146
I fucking love that verse, especially:
>fuck well well, fuck our will we're idiot
>>
>>61377091
I really do like the lyrics. I feel like a dumb ass for getting into Death Grips so late.
>>
>>61377199
Stockton is probably my favorite for silly lyrics.
>>
>>61377253
Turned Off for me, although fucking Whammy comes close
>>
>>61377290
Wh-wh-wh-whammy
>>
>>61377127
i think on exmilitary he was a lot more.. straight forward. definitely the best to just sort of read

the later stuff, like the fuck me out lyrics posted above (i don't know if that poster is being serious or trying to take the piss), don't look so "deep," but i do think he's actually getting a whole lot of meaning in behind those words, not to mention the way he plays with them (the words). he's really got a grasp on language and how to relate it to modern dystopia

>>61377203
i honestly think they're one of the best bands going currently. one of the few i'd really class as 'modern', with others like james ferraro and daniel lopatin. if you spend a lot of time here, i'm sure it's weird thinking about death grips as actual music (if things here are like they were when i left a few years ago), but they really are fantastic
>>
>>61377310
>actual music

I have an open mind when I come to classifying things as music. I may just have shit taste in music as well.
But, Death Grips is definitely more abrasive and I'm sure not a lot of normal people would listen to it.
I'd say they're one of the best in terms of how much of an experiment their music was and how successful its become.
This all being said, I really can't get into much past The Money Store and some of No Love Deep Web.
>>
"I man tsunami feral, get barreled in other worlds.

No hand in sea of pearls, buried in frozen Jheri curls.

I man Herzog shooting solitaire

No hands, savoir nova shaka glare Zulu somnambulist lair"

Tell me that shit isn't awesome
>>
>>61377408
when i said that, i meant that death grips discussion on this board was very weird when i was last here and didn't have much to do with the music itself, just some strange internet imageboard spamming phenomena

i was about to type that i think NLDW is their best but then i realized that every time i listen to any death grips album, i think its the best one. anyhow, i think death grips is great on a purely musical level, all meaning aside, because it's so damn heavy. there's a part of me that craves being just crushed by music, and death grips does it wonderfully
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.