[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to make beats and I have no musical experience besides
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: dandy.png (984 KB, 800x720) Image search: [Google]
dandy.png
984 KB, 800x720
I want to make beats and I have no musical experience besides liking beats and doing mallets in high school. Please convince me otherwise
>>
you're gonna hate yourself and be proud of yourself every single time you start/finish a new beat
>>
God I can never take anyone who claims to "make beats" seriously
>>
File: spock.jpg (41 KB, 534x357) Image search: [Google]
spock.jpg
41 KB, 534x357
>>61373550
>>61373801
Guys please... I'm still not convinced
>>
>>61373801
that's alright, we can't take you seriously either
>>
>>61373995
did he really say that lol
>>
File: odd future concert.jpg (307 KB, 650x374) Image search: [Google]
odd future concert.jpg
307 KB, 650x374
Guys... I'm seriously considering a maschine... please help
>>
>>61373507
Just do it if you want to for fuck's sake, who even cares if it's good or not
>>
>>61374429
seriously. you wont even make anything of worth for at least a few years unless youre some kind of prodigy
>>
>>61373507

OP, I have been "making beats" since I was in high school. I was helping a friend who wanted to learn to rap, so we did it together.

He grew out of it, but I didn't. I invested time and money into the hobby and it became a passion. You could have that passion too.

Hell, I'm not any good, but you know what? I don't have to be because I love what I do. I enjoy it and my friends say they enjoy it. It's a wonderful feeling when you create art and someone says "Hey, you did good, kid."

Get yourself a shitty MIDI keyboard and a cracked copy of FL Studio and just play around. I had a friend equate it to playing around in paint. Sure, you don't really accomplish much at first, but with work, you can make some pretty neat shit.

Get on that horse and seize the carp.
>>
>>61374609
i-if you say so
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.