[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is actually pretty fucking great. Is there anything else
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: akira_ost.jpg (54 KB, 492x500) Image search: [Google]
akira_ost.jpg
54 KB, 492x500
This is actually pretty fucking great. Is there anything else like this out there?
>>
>>61370317
anime are for children
>>
>>61370331
okay
>>
File: cover.jpg (54 KB, 600x515) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
54 KB, 600x515
>>61370317
>>
>>61370317
TETSUOOOOOO

*drumming*

KANEDAAAAAA

*more drumming*
>>
>>61370317
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSQt4ckq-dg
>>
Try the Ghost in the Shell soundtrack
>>
>>61371913
$hit is so ca$h
>>
>>61371913
this this this
>>
RASERA
RASERA
RASERA RASERA RASERA RASERA
>>
File: weaboris.png (144 KB, 864x820) Image search: [Google]
weaboris.png
144 KB, 864x820
>>61370331
>what anon, no want le sexisex
>>
>>61370331

Oh honey...
>>
mega please
>>
>>61370317
check out that band's other work, which is different, but also interesting. also, check out balinese/javanese gamelan music, the primary influence on the soundtrack.
>>
>>61374815
I second this
>>
>>61370331
Akira was serialised in a magazine whose target demographic is grown up men though.
>>
>>61370331

Spoken like someone who's never listened to the OP. It's great, and you don't need to like animu to like it, but it sure helps.

OP, I would recommend that you look into some early Underworld mk II. The Akira Album and Underworld's early "quality" phase are not so far apart, in terms of when they were made, and they frequently try to evoke similar moods (ooh big skyscraper, big city lights etc).

Now here's a true story. I was so convinced of the connection between the Akira Album and Underworld's sound as a young weeaboo... And then I got the Dirty Epic EP, and heard THIS, at the 10:03 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVBoEGsYuNc

Doll's Polyphony, sampled in an Underworld mix! Imagine my autistic glee, the sperg dance I did. But it was not just because "zomg Akira" (although there was that), but as I said, it went deeper. It was a vindication, that Underworld had been influenced by the Akira album; the two things, the two sounds that I had already known were related, and now I had proof. And I know for myself that I picked on this beforehand, which is what counts.

>>61371913

Speaking of this meme, there was a dirty old track based on the theme music: "Makai: Beneath the Mask" More catnip for anime fags. Ah, memories. This is what you bump in your Honda while wearing your trenchcoats, lads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqhO7hdIihw

Is that some Amen break in there, subtly? I never heard that before. Maybe a beat was scratch-built, simply made to suggest the Amen break...
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.