[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bad Break Up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1440x1440
Me and my ex boyfriend had a really nasty break up a couple months ago, and I thought that I would be able to take a break from the music we used to listen to together and it would be fine afterwards. However, I still cannot listen to a number of albums without falling apart, since they immediately remind me of him. Has this happened to anyone before, and if so, how did you get over it.

Pic related, one of the many albums I can't bring myself to listen to, ESPECIALLY Banshee Beat.
>>
faggot or London
>>
>>61368179
>>
i would have told you to take a break for a couple months so idk what other advice you want, maybe listen to other albums by those artists and recontextualize their music with new memories so you can go back to the other records?
>>
Realistically you're just going to have to wait. Hold off on listening to those albums in order to avoid those memories.

Use this time to discover more new music. Not great advice but time is likely the only solution
>>
that album sucks
>>
>>61368445
That sounds like a good idea. But everytime I listen to even one song off of some of these albums (especially Keaton Henson), I just feel like an absolute mess. I know I should give new context to great music, but it's just so hard when the old memories still haunt you.
>>
File: heavenorlasvegas.jpg (209 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
heavenorlasvegas.jpg
209 KB, 1500x1500
am going through the exact same thing as you, I got a lot of my music from my ex and listening to the music that I first heard while laying around with her makes me want to die

I just listen to it anyways and try to view the sadness that comes with it as another element of the music
pic related
>>
listen to pinkerton and get over it
>>
>>61368493
I know you're right, it just sucks because it's been like 6 months. I really thought I would've been over it by now, but thanks for the advice, I'll try to stock up on some new music. Hopefully a little happier than Keaton Henson.

>>61368535
I feel this 100%. I like the idea of it being another element added to the music, I just know I won't be able to listen to it on the bus or anything without crying for the next little while.
>>
>>61368723
yeah I feel you, it's really emotional, after a while you'll be alright again I'm sure, for me breakups take a year or two to really get over

especially because her taste was all dreampop and shoegaze and it already sounds nostalgic and melancholy
it's fucking heartwrenching
>>
Find other albums to listen to.
>>
File: Grace.jpg (431 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
Grace.jpg
431 KB, 750x750
>>61368179
Give this a spin, perfect breakup album ever made.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.