[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THENEEDLEDROP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 800x450
What do you think of this guy? I mean his reviews seem pretty solid and he has lots of charisma.
>>
Seriously Fantano,
Fuck off.
p.s: stop worshipping memes you cuck
>>
>his reviews are solid.
Except that his reviews (at leas when I stopped watching) almost only gave context and factoids and only sparsely, vaguely dwelled into the music itself
>>
>>61365997
Whats this guys name again?
>>
Memethony Fagtano
>>
>>61365997
>his reviews seem pretty solid
(false)

>and he has lots of charisma.
(false)
>>
hell be fine
>>
>>61366186
antny fandango
>>
He's posted way too much about on /mu/

Who the fuck evem has time to watch video reviews of music that consist of some Guy talking
>>
>>61365997
Watching his videos is a pointless exercise and his musical knowledge is pretty limited.
>>
>>61366186
Antonio Flamenco, popular Spanish music review
>>
Just a hipster pandering to hipsters. Only difference from him and a pitchfork writer is that one of them has an actual job.
>>
i would totally fuck his ass. He is so cute imo
>>
>>61366186
billy corgan aka D A L E
>>
>>61366304

I agree with you, and yet I have time to waste my life on /mu/ so it might be a perspective thing.

Still, the appeal of watching anyone, not just antony wangdango, but anyone do video reviews is totally lost on me.
>>
Yeah, he has charisma, but I could care less about his reviews, I'm there to discover music.
>>
until he reviews a viper record, i will disregard his work.
>>
Do you guys agree with him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTncYiIrpUQ
>>
>>61367541
>30 years old
>plays child games
i think he'll be fine.
>>
doesn't know much about music and has terrible taste in meal
>>
>>61365997
>He
>>
>>61367541
>likes kirby
lol pleb
>>
I do not see her videos to discover new music or follow the videos on a daily bases. With that being said most of the music I like and saw his reviews about it I agreed with most of his opinions.
>>
>>61365997
It sucks because musical reviews of the sub-genre called opionated sucks.

The fact that someone may like the album or not means nothing to know if I will like it or not.
I would have a better job wasting my time to actually listening to the album in question.

>"but I like the youtube channel Kids react to X"
this is exactly what opionated sub-genre musical reviews are, and if you like this kind of stuff this would be the reason to watch it
>>
>>61365997
He seems pretty lame compared to his roommate
>>
>>61365997
He hates women so I he should be well liked here. But he also has a positive opinion of black people so who knows.
>>
>"Women have become the most decadent sluts since the fall of Rome."

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>61366186
I think that's the guy that regularly appears on Pawnstars.
>>
>>61365997
>Gives good reviews to terrible rap music
>Gives bad reviews to inspired, artistic white people music.

Yeah, no.
>>
I liked him.
>>
File: lol.jpg (21 KB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
21 KB, 350x233
>guy calls himself world's busiest music nerd
>only reviews about 5 different genres
>>
>>61365997
His reviews are... well... shit, but no more shit than p4k or whatever you care to name. Mainstream music discussion is pretty mediocre, and he's as well, but not particularly so.

But he has no carisma whatsoever.
>>
>>61370192
>Gives good reviews to a genre I don't particularly or put enough effort in to 'get'
>Gives bad reviews to music I do enjoy and spend much effort to get which fuels my frustration when other people don't like it
Fixed that for you
You can go back to /pol/ now :(
>>
>>61366186
Piero Scaruffi
>>
>>61371083
It does worry me that people like Fantano is what passes for an eclectic taste nowadays.
>>
He is a great reviewer....very knowledgeable, and covers a variety of genres. However, he does seem like a huge faggot.
>>
>>61371723
but he's out huge faggot
>>
>>61365997
he is fairly consistent and does his research. which is why he is looked up/looked down on here. i think he just a normal human being trying to get his name out there to make a living. He seems to love it and i watch his videos on occasion.
>>
>>61371801
>out
our*
>>
I used to really dislike him when watching his videos about 3 years ago. But recently I watched his videos and he seems like a way different person. I've grown to like him way more.
>>
I like him, meme or not, I also agree with most of his views from his personal channel
>>
>>61365997
I truly believe that unless you are a musician, and I mean a darn good one you can call yourself a music critic. It's kind of like when I read or even look at rotten tomato reviews and ratings. Like seriously some of the funniest and best movies get the worst rating. Yet I assume most of those critics don't even work in the movie business. Basically he is just a guy that has way too much time on his hands and basically points out the obvious about an artist and then wikipedias them and spits information that is already readily available, back out.

>>61366308

Also he doesn't take into consideration like how much work and all the little details in each song. I mean he talks nothing about production and he talks nothing about the music theory behind anything. Also I have yet to hear him use the number system or talk about it.
>>
>>61366186
Fandango700 best YouTube Pooper of 2011
>>
On the outside he's a mellow melon.
On the inside he's a maniac.
Don't trust this man - He WILL disappoint you.
>>
Still hasn't reviewed David Gilmour's most recent album.
>>
>>61372493
on the outside he's calm and ready

but theirs vomit on his insides spaghetti

he chokes us out the words shouldn't come out
>>
>>61370192
he rarely gives any rap album anything above an 8, the ones I can think off the top of my head are Rodeo, TPAB, RTJ2 (haves a white dude), Live from the Dentist Office (literally who) and CLPPNG, and his hip hop reviews are his worst anyway
>>
OH Anthony Fantao? Love that guy, huge inspiration, handsom and smart i pee on his stupid face
>>
>>61366186
Count Cheska?
>>
I wanna turn his face into a cannibal corpse album cover
>>
>>61365997
He's a MRA fagget who is shit at reviewing hiphops
>>
he has sutpid opinion
so i cant take him serious
>>
>>61372195

You don't have to be a film critic to know that Adam Sandler makes shitty movies.

You don't have to be an author to know that 50 Shades Of Grey is a shitty book.

You don't have to be a chef to know that McDonald's is shitty food.

You don't have to make music to recognize shitty music (or good music for that matter).
>>
>>61372195
>using music theory to discuss recording music
>>
>>61366186
count dracula - cocoa puff king
>>
>>61372777
Shit your trips proves me wrong

Anyway...
I do agree with you that you can have that opinion but to me. He is thinking he is like meta critic or something but for me to truly take in his opinion I would personally have to see that he understands the hard work put into said piece of music. Tbh I just don't like him and if other people like him I don't judge them. But I judge him for judging other people's hard work without understanding where they are coming from. He does have so good reviews desu. I just don't like him that much I am not even subbed to him.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.