[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I probably know the answer I'm going to get, but I'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: tell me I'm pretty.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
tell me I'm pretty.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1500
So I probably know the answer I'm going to get, but I'll ask anyway.
What does /mu/ think of Cage the Elephant and their new album?
>>
File: Cage_the_Elephant_Melophobia.jpg (38 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Cage_the_Elephant_Melophobia.jpg
38 KB, 300x300
this is 9/10
>>
>>61361224
Thank You Happy Birthday was great. Noise rock ventures and lots of Pixies vibes made it a fun listen

this album, like everything that Black Keys dude touches, is shit
>>
>>61361224
I like Cage the Elephant, but what's his fuck from the Black Keys who produced it can only do the Black Keys sound, which fucking up the already dying Cage the Elephant sound. Melophobia was already shitty in comparison to Thank You Happy Birthday and their self titled, and this pales in comparison to that. Also, what >>61361260 said
>>
I thought Melophobia was great. Haven't listened to their older stuff. New album was absolute garbage from start to finish.
>>
Melophobia and before is goooood
>>
>>61361256
This

Haven't given the new album a good listen, only skimmed it, didn't seem great though. Dan Aurbech or whatever his last name is ruins everything.
>>
For me, Cage The Elephant died when they released Melophobia. Then I stopped listening to their music. I just like Thank You Happy Birthday, like the other anons said here already.
>>
>>61361224
Ty Segall is 10 times better and 10 times more intelligent. This band lacks artistic integrity desu.
>>
>>61361224

that is a hilariously bad name for an album

damn
>>
>>61361224
Not that good. Would've sounded better if it wasn't produced by Dan Auerbach. CTE has always sounded bright and exuberant, but with Auerbach's shitty lo-fi filters over the top they just sound so... tired.

I don't know why they didn't stick with Jay Joyce, especially when they were just finding their way with him producing their records. Melophobia was great.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.