[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some bands you irrationally disliked/hated only to listen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: tool.png (496 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
tool.png
496 KB, 1280x960
What are some bands you irrationally disliked/hated only to listen to them and discover that they're actually really good?

Tool would be the ultimate example for me. I fully bought into the "Tool sucks" meme because most of the Tool fans I met were edgy almost goth stoner kids back in high school and a few years after.

In 2011 or 2012 I randomly decided to give them a listen-through, and it was love at first sight basically. I'd say they're firmly in my top 10 list now.
>>
>>61360283
Tool is fucking amazing

I seriously don't understand how somebody couldn't like Aenima
>>
>>61360283
RCHP, I wouldn't say they are amazing or anything, but they have some pretty great songs
>>
>>61360283
they're a good band with a terrible fanbase with DUDE FIBONACCI SEQUENCE BILL HICKS LMAO. but it happens. undertow is a good album.
>>
>>61360597
Well they really do have cool, intelligent lyrics (especially for metal) and have the single coolest aesthetic of any band ever period.
>>
>>61360703
>the single coolest aesthetic of any band ever period.
This is entirely subjective though. I'd say Kyuss takes the cake for me.
>>
Kanye West.

I was one of those annoying "everything but rap and country" kids but I eventually grew the fuck up.
>>
Kings of Leon...Fucking love them nowadays, although the new album was kinda shit.
>>
i hated sinead o'connor when i was a child because my stupid sister would blast her music all the time but now i like her
>>
>>61360283
Panic! at the Disco and Fall Out Boy. Both Brendan Urie of PatD and Patrick Stump are great vocalists. Songwriting is alright (nothing particularly spectacular, though PatD is very good at creating and maintaining an aesthetic throughout an album), but their vocals are why the bands shine.

Guilty pleasures for me now, but I never listened to them when they were popular. Only started listening to both about 3-4 years ago.
>>
File: 1451430878440.jpg (2 MB, 2735x2001) Image search: [Google]
1451430878440.jpg
2 MB, 2735x2001
>>61360283
Thought she was just another typical indie pop artist; now I love her stuff more than ever
>>
>>61360283
odd future, specifically tyler the creator and earl sweatshirt when i got into them in 2012

i thought their fans were fucking annoying as shit (which is true) but at the time they were my absolute favorites and now they still get a listen every now and again
>>
>>61360283
Radiohead was initially like this for me becuase I only ever heard creep and High and Dry on the radio. Now i've come to respect the songs but their entire back catalog of songs after these two singles are pure gold. With Everything in its right place making me get into radiohead and then songs like idioteque, paranoid android, climbing up the walls, bodysnatchers, reckoner, and jigsaw falling into place made me absolutely obsess over these guys. Favorite album is a tie between in rainbows and Kid A
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.