[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Happy 50th birthday to Dexter Holland!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
Happy 50th birthday to Dexter Holland!
>>
>>61356962
UNO DOS TRES CINCO CINCO CINCO SEIZURE
>>
50?

He looks 40.

Tough Gong, cunt! xD
>>
Ugh, really?

This shit makes me feel old. I think being in my mid-20s I'm still at the point where I associate anything 50 and up as 'old' so the fact that 70s rockstars are old is just implicit, it's always been that way to me. But the 90s still somehow seems 'recent' so shit like this is just disorienting

Anyway, Smash is a classic but they kinda start to lose me with Americana then turned to total shit around the turn of the century. I rate them Better-Than-Green-Day/10
>>
That spiky hair tho. That strained voice breakup tho
>>
>>61357073
The band actually formed in 1984, so he's older than the average 90's rocker.
Also fuck you Americana was GOAT and they have some great stuff recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_b-V7BdJK8
>>
>>61357121
They essentially transformed from being a legit punk band that also made great pop rock singles to a straight up goofy pop rock band with novelty singles, and Americana is where it started to get too much

Not for me, sorry
>>
Offspring fucking rock, anyone who doesn't like them should shut the fuck up
>>
>>61357212
IMO Americana had the most emotional sincerity of any of their albums, either it or Ixnay. The Kids Aren't Alright and The End of the Line still resonate with me.
>>
ITT

people who can't admit to themselves that original prankster is one of the hardest rocking tunes of all time
>>
>>61357073
>Better-Than-Green-Day/10
THIS

They should have the praise and recognition Green Day have.

>>61357393
Original Prankster is indeed hard af
>>
>ctrl-f "fine"
>0 results
/mu/ is going to recover.
>>
>>61357393
YOU KNOW IT SMELL LIKE SHIT GODDAMN
>>
>50 years old
>Still plays shows
He's gonna be fine, kid.
>>
File: flames.jpg (41 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
flames.jpg
41 KB, 300x360
>>61357230
>>
The Offspring was alright but wavering until some cunts brought in producer Bob Rock of St. Anger infamy. The drummer left around the same time so it's never sounded right since.

Dexter Holland's hot sauce is pretty good though.
>>
GIVE IT TO ME BABY
>>
File: 7bY0v.jpg (23 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
7bY0v.jpg
23 KB, 288x499
>>61356962
>50 years old
>Bart Simpson hair cut
>>
This person isn't relevant. Shit thread
>>
>>61357627
> The Offspring
> Not relevant
underageb&
>>
>>61357652
haha i'm still not wrong
>>
>>61357685
They released a single last January that hit #1 on Billboard's Mainstream Rock chart, something they haven't done since 1997, and they're releasing a new album next year.
So yes, you are wrong.
>>
File: 0au3LDK.jpg (64 KB, 689x1023) Image search: [Google]
0au3LDK.jpg
64 KB, 689x1023
I unironically like the Offspring. I have every album from Ignition to RAFRAG. Don't have their first album or the recent one though.

Judge me.
>>
>>61358126
They're pretty good and I'm sure most people here that aren't underage still enjoy their music, it's just that /mu/ pretends to grow up and only enjoy the top 10 in p4k to fit in with the other cock gobbling cum snorting hipsters.
>>
Not a huge fan of some of their recent output (you can tell he's 50... their pace has slowed down and much of their energy and excitement is stripped away of late), but Dexter is still an icon in that genre and is still putting out at least average material.

Keep it going, bruh.
>>
File: 9sV40.jpg (136 KB, 467x467) Image search: [Google]
9sV40.jpg
136 KB, 467x467
>>61357073
>Better-Than-Green-Day/10
He may not have aged as well physically, but he sure as fuck matured a lot better than Billie Joe "Saying Fuck a Lot Makes Me Edgy" Armstrong.
>>
>>61358400

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAlZyajmcIM

Green Day released some shanners in their time, but nothing has ever been as bad as this.
>>
>>61359251
I agree it's terrible and shouldn't have been a single but it's just one song. More like an experiment of sorts they made for shits and giggles.
Bad Religion also tried writing songs in the same way The Offspring does for example and that came out alright.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJwo6-xxKJk
>>
>>61359296

I dunno man, I guess what I'm saying that I don't believe any of the punk groups from late 90s/early00s have aged very well.
>>
>>61357433
Green Day are on a completely higher tier than the Offspring.
>>
>>61359251
The song Nightlife is tied with that nickel back song "she keeps me up" or some shit as one of the worst songs I've ever heard
>>
YAH YAH YAH YAH YAH
>>
Americana & Conspiracy of One are their best albums, pop-punk perfection.

>DUDE I LIKE LE EARLY SHIT

That stuff was awful.
>>
>>61360240
DAY AFTER DAY
>>
>>61360266
>implying Ignition wasn't the best thing they put out
>>
>>61357121
>older than the average 90s rocker

Eddie Vedder: 51
Chris Cornell: 51
Maynard James Keenan: 51
Billy Corgan: 48
Jerry Cantrell: 49
Trent Reznor: 50
Dave Grohl: 46
Gavin Rossdale: 50
Shirley Manson: 49
Anthony Kiedis: 53
Thom Yorke: 47
Noel Gallagher: 48
Courtney Love: 51
Adam Duritz: 51
Phil Anselmo: 47
James Hetfield: 52
Damon Albarn: 47
Rivers Cuomo: 45

Also the guy from Goo Goo Dolls and the guy from Third Eye Blind are both 50.
>>
>>61358163
none of what you posted is true,. poptimism is the new hot cancerous meme on /mu/, and your shitty top 40 pop punk falls into that.
>>
The Offspring have always been hacky. If they're not flat out ripping off other bands they're still aping entire genres and styles.

Gotta Get Away off Smash is such a terrible rip off of Grunge. I mean, maybe it wouldn't be so bad if Dexter didn't force that faux-Cobain-esque strained vocal. It almost comes off like parody.

At least with Americana they embraced what they're actually good at.
>>
>>61360276
YOUR WHOLE LIFE'S A WRECK
[boiler]crazy taxi was so good[/boiler]
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.