[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have any experience playing shows while working full time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: pg_studiorig_1976.jpg (26 KB, 598x413) Image search: [Google]
pg_studiorig_1976.jpg
26 KB, 598x413
Anyone have any experience playing shows while working full time?

Is it workable to work Mon-Fri while writing, recording, and playing on the off time and the weekends?

pic unrelated.
>>
>>61356757
this is the life of 99.999% of small bands mate
>>
>>61356757
Yes it's workable. Expect to supplement your band (who you can't devote enough hours to by working full time) with the money you make from your day job. Expect it to be a constant struggle and expect little social life between
>>
>>61356842
Really? I figured a lot of bands worked part time in order to have more practice time.

I guess you'd need to work full time to pay for rent and gear though.
>>
nother bump
>>
Last bump?
>>
>>61356757
I'd suggest picking up a more flexible job, I did this for years but it becomes hard, especially if you want to have any form of love/family life.
>>
>>61358453
The one I'm looking at now would have me coming in at about 3:30 in the afternoon, so I'd have all day prior to do whatever I needed to do.
>>
>>61358635
My experience with afternoon starts equates to afternoon wake up times. wake up 2:30, get to work with blood shot eyes 3:30, get off work Midnight, hit pub at 12:30 and drink till 2:30, get home continue drinking and pass out around 6, rinse and repeat.
>>
yes it's doable. just make sure you work mornings. most rehearsals and gigs happen at night, and gigs happen 24/7 if you're in a major music city/town, meaning you won't necessarily get to always play on the weekend but during the weekday, so always keep your nights open.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.