[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a very important album. Not because it's good. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 1
This is a very important album. Not because it's good. I agree with the consensus that it's mostly shit.
However it marks somewhat of a role reversal of things we've come to expect from people of certain races.
You see there has been this old addage that "white people have no rhythm and no creativity, they just steel from black artists." Of course this comes from the fact that from 1940 onward the black man has come to be known as the most ridiculed but copied man on earth. White artists often copied what black artists were ridiculed for and made it popular. I don't need to elaborate on this anymore this aint fucking buzzfeed. What needs to be addressed is what has happened in the past 20 years: Black music has become the norm. It is the standard by which everything is judged. Black artists are beginning to feel it's limitations, and like rock artists who pilfered from old blues artists to get away from faggoty show tunes and beatlemania, black artists are now taking a look back at alternative grunge artists that they would have previously called "gay sensitive white boy shit gnawmsayin" and trying to emualte it.....and this is the result. It's hilarious. He doesn't get it. He can't sing but he's actually trying to sing. His lyrics are blunt and talk of corpses, warm vaginas and chicken sandwhiches, awkward, obvious and downright cringeworthy.

You see just like a white person might not know what it's like to go to a black church and have the rhythm instilled in them, or to have to go to seperate waterfountains or whatever, blacks, at least the black people in hip hop, don't know what it's like to be forced to go to bording school, to be forced to act like everythings OK even though they are bursting at the seems inside, and have no oppressor to blame except the one in the mirror, to be disowned from their family for pursuing an artistic medium.This album is an attempt to produce the results of that, without understanding where it comes from. It's hilarious.
>>
What I'm trying to say is: Welcome to white privilege ya big lipped bastards
>>
>>61353660
this album just plain sucks, thats all i got out of it,
>>
>>61353660
Interesting post OP.
>>
good analysis desu
>>
>>61353660
Botswana has had a dedicated metal fanbase of mainly black people since the 80's.
>>
>>61353660
that's deep and i actually agree
>>
>>61353660
Why do you fucking white cucks always have to bring race into everything.

God I can't fucking wait until a brown Hitler comes into power and Holocausts the whites.
>>
>>61354136
Blacks literally view EVERYTHING through a racial lense.
>>
i didnt read this hehe
>>
>>61354119
That's Botswana. We're obviously talking about America you dumb fuck. Also this won't apply to EVERY SINGLE PERSON which shouldn't even have to be said
>>
>>61354185
How about 50% of blacks?
>>
>>61354185
ITP: All blacks are the strawman ultraliberal SJW college kids that Stormfront, /pol/, and Reddit portray them as.
>>
>>61354185
This. Also by assuming that OP is white you've made yourself look like an even bigger dummy
>>
>typing all that
>on 4chan
>>
>>61354136
>>61354185
It's not about race or appropriation it's about simple ignorance.
>>
>>61354185
Because of white people
>>
>>61354119
I've learned that where there is poverty, there is solid metal.
>>
>>61354227
People like you are the reason we can't have legitmate discussions on this board
>>
>>61353660
Come on kid.

We all know this, it's social engineering through mass media.

It's all about subversion and destruction of one's identity/culture etc.
>>
>>61354219
I know you're joking in replay to this dude, but I'd say like 25% of all white are like that. probably more white people actually
>>
>>61354240
So, bands like Bad Brains and Living Colour ceased to exist?
>>
Oh shit this kind of makes sense
>>
>>61354249
Where there's poverty there is great music in general. Pain makes good art
>>
you guys are reading WAY too much into this.

its a SHIT album, whether he was black, brown or green has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>61354267
Exactly. Black people on idiot honey pots like 4chan and reddit get a lot of shit from BLM but go to any college campus and you'll see a ton more white people being fucktards than black people. Most non-whites want to be left the fuck alone but idiot activists drag them into everything, making white idiots hate all non whites.
>>
>>61354271
See
>>61354205
>>
>>61354308
I partially agree with this
>>
>>61354309
>Generalizes an entire race
>Someone brings up exceptions

"H-hey bro I obviously didn't mean *them*! They're one of the good ones!"
>>
>>61353660

>don't know what it's like to be forced to go to bording school

What is this meme? I grew up poor in a farm town and have been working class my whole life. Not even trying to whine but are their really that many rich white people for people to think this is a real thing?
>>
>>61354242
The mental gymnastics you must go through daily seems tiring
>>
>>61354271
Those bands aren't even comparable to Cudi, who is living out some romanticized fantasy.
>>
>>61354286
Sometimes with metal, hate can substitute for pain. It's why racists make good metal. And if it's a one man band, then you know the hatred is real if they don't have friends.
>>
>>61354353
No seriously why would black people be so hyper aware about race if not for white people and their behavior?
>>
>>61354286
Gross oversimplification

>>61354253
This isn't a topic which leads to good or interesting discussion
>>
>>61354341
Nigga how did you get that from "Not all of them" There are exceptions to every rule, but that doesn't make the rule cease altogether you fucking mouthbreather
>>
>>61354376
Cudi is the worst, so painting the entire black race a certain way because of one of music's biggest retards is the dumbest thing ever.
>>
>>61354426
You/OP made this "rule" based on the inane ramblings of one narcissistic fuck, numbnuts.
>>
>>61354349
Yeah I don't get it either. Yes we all went to expensive boarding school with our privilege points.
>>
black ppl are racist
>>
>>61354205
wait, this isn't a troll thread?
>>
>>61354403
>and their behavior

Racial stereotypes are problematic
>>
>>61354219
brd?
>>
>>61354428
I never generalized against black musicians in this thread, and that wasn't the point of the OP.
>>
>>61354349
I grew up pretty poor in a very rich very white area so I get where the idea comes from, but the lower white class is actually larger than the lower black class if you read the statistics
>>
>>61354492
I'm not specifically saying all white people are racist, I'm talking about white racism historically in the US.
>>
>>61354412
How do you figure that? The thread is full of replies and plenty of people conversing
>>
ITT: a bunch of white people arguing about a black guy
>>
>>61354517
I actually think a big part of country musics enduring presence in american music is that it's one of the few things that's really relatable to poor rural whites.
I've rarely met lower class whites who were into that sort of angsty type of white folk music.
>>
>>61354533
I was just memeing but I think the reason black Americans view everything through race is because they live in a white majority country with white people all over tv and movies so they are constantly reminded of their skin color, also the media conditions black people from birth to be hyper offended by anything and everything because of the way they blow up isolated incidents like Trayvon or Mike Brown, shit that happened everyday to all races but because it's a white shooter and black kid and the details are ambiguous, it's shoved down our throats
>>
Am I the only person who thinks the album mentioned in the OP is a good thing, even if the album isn't good?
>>
>>61354218
You seriously haven't interacted with many blacks, have you? It's about 85% at this point.
>>
>>61354457
>>61354517

Well I would assume we are just because of population size. That being said most people I knew from my town are auto mechanics and welders now. I guess most people that talk about white privilege and what not live in cities or are themselves privileged so they live in their own bubble thinking most white people are like them.

It reminds me of when a I see a white person say something about them being oppressors and killers, I know I'm not so they are either lying or oppressors themselves and essentially bragging to everyone. Weird shit all around desu
>>
You're all niggers
>>
>>61354549
Yeah, but 80% of them are arguing about whether black people are good or not, 15% are unrelated shitposts, and 5% are talking about how poverty makes good metal

So it's basically like any other thread on /mu/ ever
>>
>>61354733

thank you desu
>>
>>61354706
White guilt is a strange concept to me, especially since it's more of a social class thing.

I think of it as some sort of luxury pastime.
>>
>>61354706
You don't know what "white privilege" means
>>
>>61354733
We are though.
>>
>>61354804

Well no one has a clear answer and whenever I look it up it seems like anecdotal evidence and that angry jewish guy talking about how his people adopted white skin or something. It just seems like a semi-academic conspiracy theory without any thought about factors inside each community and class of people.
>>
>>61354866
From what I know, the "intersectional theory" thing was originally meant to address all of that and was used as a critique of ideas of race, class and gender being monolithic constructs. You don't consider groups based on one factor along, lower class white men should be considered different from middle class white women and middle class black women.
Somewhere along the way it became an oppression olympics though.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.