[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright you cunts, you win. I'll ignore Scruffy's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: Scaruffi.png (639 KB, 712x717) Image search: [Google]
Scaruffi.png
639 KB, 712x717
Alright you cunts, you win.

I'll ignore Scruffy's advice for the time being and delve into the Beatles.

From their discog, top to bottom, what should I listen to and what should I avoid?
>>
go backwards but listen to let it be last
>>
Listen to their official UK discog from start to finish. Note the dates on release too, specifically between Rubber Soul and Revolver. Gives you a better appreciation for how much they changed over such a short period of time.
>>
>>61353085
Rubber Soul onwards chronologically until Abbey Road. Everyone has their own favourite from this era, any one is acceptable really.

Then watch A Hard Days Night and fall for their early persona and listen to their early albums. You may or may not love them but those early pop songs aren't just three chord trash and were actually amazingly well written.
>>
>>61353085
>I'll ignore Scruffy's advice
good job
now you can either start by Please Please Me and listen to all of them to watch them grow, or you can get into their best albums (Sgt. Pepper's, Abbey Road, Revolver)
I'd start from Rubber Soul
>>
>>61353125
This, but do a little exception, instead of listening to the magical mystery tour EP, listen to the US release, which is an album
>>
>>61353085
avoid the us albums
>>
>>61353085
>Alright now all the talented members of the band look directly at the camera
>>
>>61353107
>>61353125
>>61353143
>>61353168
>>61353192
>>61353210
Well shit, which is it? I never thought the Beatles were so divisive. I thought that most people had a general agreement regarding them.

>>61353218
From what I know so far:
George > Paul > Ringo = John
>>
>>61353085
Depends on your tastes, OP.

What other kinds of music do you like?
>>
>>61353239
not really, there are faggots that argue pre-rubber soul era was better
>>
>>61353239
John was extremely talented. Paul obviously was too, but John wasn't so attracted to whimsy so he seems pretentious and overly arty to some in the same way that Paul seems corny to others.

The Beatles are indeed very divisive but thats because of their ridiculous popularity.
>>
>>61353324
The Swans, the Michael Gira, /mu/ core, Meal, meme rap. Dumb shit desu.
>>
>>61353345
>John was extremely talented.
bite me pal, he was a hack on lou reed levels
>>
>>61353496
I bet you unironically like Queen.
>>
>>61353545
joke's on you faggot, i only like them ironically
>>
>>61353239
only contrarians actually think george was the best
>>
>>61353239

Pretty much everybody can agree on listening to their discography from Rubber Soul to Abbey Road. What you do after depends on how much you like/dislike those albums.
>>
I would just go chronologically, but if you don't have the patience to go through their entire boy band era, you could always go in the order that I unintentionally went in:

- Rubber Soul
- Revolver
- Sgt. Pepper
- MMT
- The White Album
- Let It Be
- Abbey Road
- Please Please Me through Help
>>
Paul is best Beatle, deal with it /mu/tants
>>
Just listen to revolver.
First song is shit but it picks up quick.
>>
>>61353866
>taxman
>shit

You've changed, /mu/
>>
>>61353887
Well it's only a 6-7/10 compared to the literal 9-10's which soon follow.
>>
Reminder that "I'm Only Sleeping" is the greatest song the beatles ever did followed by "Because"
>>
Please Please Me - 7.0/10
With the Beatles - 5.0/10
A Hard Day's Night - 8.0/10
Beatles for Sale - 7.5/10
Help! - 8.0/10
Rubber Soul - 9.0/10
Revolver - 10/10
Sgt. Pepper's - 10/10
Magical Mystery Tour (US) - 10/10
The Beatles - 8.5/10
Abbey Road - 10/10
Let It Be - 8.0/10
>>
>>61354040
Friendly reminder that no one gives a shit about your opinion
>>
Ignore what everybody else says. Listen to everything from start to finish, U.S. and British versions of the albums, mono and Stereo. Make up your own mind about what you like after you're finished.
>>
>>61353239
Damn straight.
>>
plebbest thread of the year
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.