[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arctic Monkeys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: Arcticmonkeys-humbug.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Arcticmonkeys-humbug.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
I'm fairly new to /mu/ and was wondering what you all think of the Arctic Monkeys and maybe even this album in particular.
>>
fuck off
>>
>>61348522
Glad to be getting acquainted with the community go this board. Now if an actual opinion could be presented that would be great
>>
I liked Favourite Worst Nightmare. Don't know anything about this album though
>>
>>61348498
first album was great, second was okay, third (this one) was 90% shit, next two after that were garbage

I'd pick up the first two and call it a day
>>
>>61348680
If I had to rank all five albums I'd go
Nightmare = Humbug > Whatever > Suck it and See = AM
Most people that I see arguing for best album are stuck between Nightmare and Humbug, I personally prefer Humbug but I'm not sure if it is better
>>
imo

Whatever People Say>Favourite Worst Nightmare>AM>Humbug/Suck it and See
>>
>>61348719
I think the last two had some moments but agree that they don't stand up to the first three.
>Mad sounds
>Don't sit down cause I've moved your chair
>No 1 party anthem
>She's thunderstorms
But can I ask what about the third turned you off?
>>
Humbug had pretty nice hits like My propeller Crying Lightning Pretty Visitors
But still prefer the first two
>>
WPSIATWIN and FWN were amazing. they've been downhill since. Tunes went more poppy and lyrics show maturation. The latter isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it did decline their musical quality. I personally love From The Ritz To The Rubble.
>>
Stopped supporting them as I found out about their tax evasion
>>
>>61348498
Favourite Worst Nightmare is their best imo, their fist album kicked quite a bit ass, and Suck It And See was surprisingly good for how toned down it was. AM was disappointing as well Humbug, but I don't either album is horrible, just not as good as it could be.
>>
>>61348522
>completely disregarding arctic monkeys

youre the one that should go away
>>
One of my favourites of all time. Cornerstone, Dance Little Liar, The Jeweller's Hands and Fire and the Thud always give me feels.
>>
File: 1418587253808.jpg (92 KB, 720x481) Image search: [Google]
1418587253808.jpg
92 KB, 720x481
First and last albums are great. It's some banging rock music, it's enjoyable and you can put it on at a party and a mixed crowd will enjoy it. I think they're good shit.
>>
Whatever is the best, 0% filler
All of the other albums have 1-2 decent tunes in but apart from that they are wank.
>>
>>61348498
>>61348498
They're a pretty good band but /mu/ hates them because they're contrarian. Also they hate them because they are a 7/10 band that teens treat like 10/10

>WhateverYouThink
Solid Album but a little repetitive with ideas
>Favorite Worst Nightmare
better version of first album but still has same problem
>Humbug
Has some of their worst and best songs
>Suck it
Boring
>AM
Over all washed down but yet still rather effective. Still there are some really shit songs here (MAD SOUNDS AND COME ON COMEON COME ON)
>>
>>61348498
back to >>>/t/umblr
>>
>>61353793
So, with people like you who are extremely critical of the music that other people make, do you play in a band or write your own music?
>>
>>61353870
>So, with people like you who are extremely critical of the music that other people make
What?
I said the band was 7/10 which is a fucking compliment and I called out the haters in the thread for being contrarians
None of their work is flawless though and I'm not going to pretend it is but that doesn't make me "extremely critical"

Also don't use that stupid excuse even if I was being extremely critical. You don't have to make good things to be able to identify good things

Also yes I used to be in a band. I would give us a solid 2/10 t b h
>>
File: DEVO LARGE.png (203 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
DEVO LARGE.png
203 KB, 400x600
>>61348803
>AM isn't their worst
>>
>>61353936
You said 7/10 but most of what you said was negative.
>>
>>61353984
Things I used to describe their albums:
"Solid Album"
"Better version of the solid album"
"Has some of their best songs"
"rather effective"
Learn reading comprehension
>>
They're not my go-to listening, but I enjoy them enough. They've got some great songs and a lot of mediocre songs. I'm not big on AM, but I still usually pay attention whenever they put something out.

I also like the Arctic Monkeys because (as someone else in this thread said) you can play them for a mixed crowed and everyone's going to have a pretty good time.
>>
>>61354008
Things you used to describe their albums.

>Little repetitive with ideas
>Still repetitive
>Has some of their worst songs
>boring
>Washed down

Yeah anon, I would say those adjectives don't even out to a 7/10.
>>
>>61348498
>every song doesn't sound the same
total and complete garbage, I had better expectations from them
>>
>>61354140
>"Little" implies that it's not an overpowering flaw
>Stating that second album is better than first means the flaw is even less overpowering than before
>Having very bad songs is mitigated by having very good songs
>I didn't like Suck It and See fair enough
>I immediately followed up that it was able to be effective despite being washed down
yeh I'd give that a 7/10
>>
>>61354140
It was a solid review, clearly you are one of those teens who view it as a 10/10. I agree with him on this one
>>
>>61349357
I don't care for artic monkeys but explain pls
>>
>>61348803
poor taste, get off my board
>>
Humbug slightly over Nightmare > Whatever

>>>>>

Suck it and See

>>>>>>>>>>>
AM
>>
>>61355555
what a fucking godawful get
>>
>>61355555
Decent quints
>>
>>61355555
QUINTS CONFIRM
>>
>>61348498
That album turns to total crap after Potion Approaching. Though I love Dangerous Animals.
Suck it and See felt like Humbug cuts.
AM is just too "digital" for lack of a better word.
I liked when they sounded like a couple of fag-smoking brits singing about nothing and enjoying themselves. AM feels like they're trying to be deep and eclectic, and failing. Only exception being Tumblr.
Haven't heard the first two though. I keep procrastinating.
>>
I like them in general, a 7/10 band. However, i didnt like a single song form suck it and see.
>>
>>61355583
what godawful taste you fucking faggot ahahahahahaha
>>
>>61349357
elaborate
>>
>>61354140
>>61353870
Fuck off mate, that's not how it works, you don't have too make a movie to say that transformers is shit, you only need decent arguments.
And he didn't even say anything bad about the band.
>>
poor man's black rebel motorcycle club
>>
>>61348719
humbug is their best though
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.