[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: jai-paul-2.jpg (121 KB, 535x535) Image search: [Google]
jai-paul-2.jpg
121 KB, 535x535
Find a flaw.
>>
>>61347334
that secret garden track blows imo but the rest is some of the best music I've ever heard
>inb4 you haven't heard good music
>>
File: 1451265587031.jpg (82 KB, 640x641) Image search: [Google]
1451265587031.jpg
82 KB, 640x641
he's back
>>
It sucks. That's the flaw.
>>
inb4 Chelshit
>>
>>61347334
He's a shitty Ben Kahn ripoff
>>
>128kbps
>>
>>61347334
Superoverrated

>>61347366
you haven't heard good music

>>61348262
This
>>
>>61348464
P sure JP precedes BK but w/e
>>
>>61348520
Theres a bunch of "Jai pauls", hes just a diet version of real good artists.
>>
>>61348553
name em
>>
>>61348553
Aye, like that one guy jack garratt
>>
>>61348590
Jai paul is just for saudosists low-level 2010's hipsters.
>>
what happened to him?

i remember i got jasmine demo on vinyl and he didnt do anything after that?
>>
>>61348520
That's the joke
>>
How is this guy so revered? His stuff is great but before his album leaked he literally had two songs, yet the hype around him was as if he was an established artist coming back from the grave or something.
>>
His music is amateur, he can't dress properly.
>>
>>61348697>>61348760
idk alot of rumors and shit. but the most logical guess is that. those demos was his way of getting a job at XL
his brother Anup/A.K paul seems to be the real mastermind behind everything. with credits on sam smiths last record and him apparently doing alot work for the music department at a college and giving bass lessons to students.

also the leaked demos could have just been shit that couldn't get sample clearance.
>>
>>61348760
It's more of a "what-could-be" situation. As you said, his stuff is great, and people are just starving for more.

It's like being told you can't enter an exclusive club; it just makes you more desperate to enter, regardless of the actual quality. So you start hyping yourself up, trying to think of what the "secret" is actually like.
>>
>>61348760
Because he combines next level innovation with a pop sensibility that almost anyone can enjoy. It's a rare combination, attracting all kinds of people. Plus the mystery. But at the heart of it, it's the fact that no one makes music like Jai.
>>
>>61348807

>nup/A.K paul seems to be the real mastermind behind everything.

His produce on Miguel's Wildheart is too much of enjoyable.

>>61348805
This, and this whole "oh shit i'm going obscure and disappear" thing is a fucking bullshit, delusional "fans" still thinking hes cooking a incredible post-Whats Going On masterpiece... baka
>>
>>61348805
His production is anything but amateur.
>>
>>61348843

>Because he combines next level innovation with a pop sensibility that almost anyone can enjoy

what NEXT LEVEL INNOVATION??? lmaoooooo
LITERALLY everything he did on the demo leak, was made before on several times, include the AK Paul "game samples" style... + M.I.A. influenced indian-sufi music samples. The most interesting element is the Lo-fi mood arround it.
>>
>>61348904
>lmaoooooo
Why are tripfags so cancerous?
>>
>>61348938
You're a fucking joke if you think this guy is a fucking musical ultimate genius.

Fuck you.
>>
>>61348904
>LITERALLY everything he did on the demo leak, was made before on several times, include the AK Paul "game samples" style.
where

>+ M.I.A. influenced indian-sufi music samples
M.I.A. barely ever uses Indian samples like Jai does on Str8. Like you could count on your right hand the amount of times she's done it. Their music is both great, but extremely different.

The key to Jai's music is his use of synths. Show me someone with synths like Jai.
>>
>>61348857
>is too much of enjoyable.
>>
>>61348623
I'd consider him more of a James Blake copy
>>
>>61350239
Jai sounded like Jai before anyone knew who James Blake is
>>
>>61348262
>>61347493
hope these are baits, if not...........kys
>>
>>61350298
This, jai was definitely the first. And then he spawned all these clones like ben khan.
>>
>>61348963
damn dude you are one huge flaming faggot
keep suckin that dick fuckboi
guaranteed 13 year old
>>
Literally no base for me to shake it to.
>>
>>61348963
Must suck not having any EARSSSS bitch. Lick tip motherfucker. Jais god
>>
>>61350319
Of course it's bait. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.
>>
MERMAN REPRESENT
>>
a l b u m when
>>
>>61350687
word
>>
>>61348893
Sounds like tacky Dilla beats.
>>
he's like Frank Ocean except not good.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.