[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thank you, Lemmy for proving how reddit-tier /mu/ actually is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 10
File: 5436365543.jpg (178 KB, 624x420) Image search: [Google]
5436365543.jpg
178 KB, 624x420
Thank you, Lemmy for proving how reddit-tier /mu/ actually is

No one gave a shit about Motorhead in this place until Lemmy died and now it's "OMG I LOVE MOTORHEAD AND IF YOU SAY OTHERWISE YOURE A HEARTLESS FUCK LOL DOWNVOTED!!!!!!".

Off yourselves. This place is literal garbage
>>
so are you mad that a famous musician who died is now being talked about for making adequate and enjoyable music?
>>
>>61345747
> this
Also I saw Motorhead live twice
>>
I'm sure there will be a new hipster Motorhead bandwagon now, but if you're trying to separate yourself from them as a "true fan" then you're just as obnoxious

also, all the Motorhead fans hang out in /metal/
>>
Literally no one here has ever said this.
>>
>>61345698
It's a couple days to remember someone who made a lot of people musically happy. If you actually cared about music, you'd care about that. Maybe you should be on Reddit.
>>
>>61345747
That's the thing. If he was making adequate and enjoyable music, /mu/ would've been talking about Motorhead before his death.

This is just giving you retards an excuse.

>>61345797
nah
>>
i liked him more for his cameos in b-movies desu

but motorhead was p dope too
>>
I like Motorhead a lot, but I haven't posted on any of the Lemmy threads until now. The man is dead, that's a shame. But there's no use talking it about it now. My condolences go out to his friends and his son, but that's about it. You shouldn't dwell on these things.
>>
Pretty funny, the other night I called it that he'd die soon. Poor bastard.
>>
just listened to the full album, its actually breddy good

fast and hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVecmhNYbuQ
>>
>>61345698
I only have the Ace Of Spades album and the EP they did with Girlschool.

Enjoyable and fun, as well as part of muh Bong heritage!
>>
>>61345826
so should we be talking about every musician all the time just to please your autism?
>>
I take it you weren't here for Nujabes

Same shit
>>
>>61345872
All decent to great musicians should be talked about, yes
>>
>>61345698
Please Delete This Thread
>>
>>61345916
>All decent to great musicians should be talked about, yes
That's subjective.
>>
>>61345911

i was here for beefheart

same shit
>>
>>61345776
How were they?
>>
>>61346016
I saw them once in norway. They were terrible.
>>
>>61345826
>nah
what? There are lots of Motorhead fans on /metal/. But we don't talk about Motorhead much for the same reason we don't talk about Judas Priest or Venom very much. Metalheads spend a lot more time talking about newer or more obscure stuff than classics.
>>
>>61346103
well, lemmy didn't die for no reason, assuming you saw them in the last few years that is
>>
Or nobody realized that anyone else on /mu/ liked MotoĢˆrhead until yesterday.
>>
>>61345797
>also, all the Motorhead fans hang out in /metal/
Lemmy said he felt more kinship with punks and rockers than metalheads.
>>
Mentioned multiple times every month

https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/?task=search2&ghost=&search_text=Motorhead&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_media_hash=&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=old&search_capcode=all&search_res=post
>>
>>61345698
Motohead is one f the most influential metal bands of all time, there's not much to really discuss anymore

Not to mention they're considered essential proto-thrash/speed metal (they were, now /mu/ don't give a fuck about metal)

See how everyone stopped talking about ITAOTS despite being considered essential? There's even tons of retards who just go ''hur dur that album is a meme''
>>
>>61345698

motorhead was shit music for dirtheads.

not even baiting here.
>>
>>61346274
Of course, but the point is, punks and "rockers" on /mu/ don't give a shit about lemmy, only metal posters have really.
>>
>>61345698
We didn't talk about motorhead before because there's nothing much to say, everyone thinks they're awesome.
>>
>>61346274
sure, but that doesn't change the fact that most of the people who like Motorhead (especially on /mu/) are also metalheads
>>
>>61346274
Their music didn't have metal kinds of themes in it. They were more like AC/DC or Exile-era Stones than Iron Maiden.
>>
>>61346335 yeah i prefer christian rock and safe music myself
>>
It's probably good he checked out when he did. Most of us probably wouldn't have wanted to see the poor guy end up like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxixIbONuCQ
>>
>Lemmy's death gets a sticky
>Chris Squire's death doesn't
Shit board t b h
>>
>>61346357
Yeh but then again, Pantera are considered metal by all concerned and their songwriting had more kinship with Motorhead than Maiden or Sabbath.
>>
>>61346421
there are different eras in metal, lemmy was part of the iron maiden, judas priest era
>>
File: Motorhead-Sacrifice-Frontal.jpg (162 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
Motorhead-Sacrifice-Frontal.jpg
162 KB, 953x953
>>61346357
Motorhead's influence is huge and noticeable on Venom, Bathory, Metallica, Sodom, Hellhammer, Darkthrone, etc.

and some of their albums are more metal than others
>>
>>61345698
Been listening to them since 1995, so go fuck yourself wanker.
>>
Motƶrhead was one of my favorite bands throughout high school. Don't listen to them nearly as much as I once did but they'll always mean a lot to me.

Soon as I'm off work I'm gonna blast them and some Hawkwind
>>
good to see the BBC getting some real experts in as usual
>>
>>61346421
>>61346446
It's a little niggly because Pantera were contemporaries of Metallica, but they rose up as the latter were sinking and turning into softer radio rock.

Technically, Lemmy was a Richards/Hendrix/Page/Townshend contemporary being born in 1945 but again his heyday came an entire decade after theirs.
>>
>>61345698
hey fuck you i've been listening to hawkwind and motorhead for over ten years and listen to this shit, it's proto-three different types of metal/hard rock.if it wasn't for this band bands like high on fire would never have existed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGsTnSi3pYI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=241&v=ABIMzJUWd34

lemmy toured his entire life nearly every fucking year until he finally died this year. he drank, did speed, had a bunch of sex and wrote some of the best music depicting his lifestyle ever penned on paper. if anyone in music deserves the death hype train it's this dude. guy worked his whole life making music that got your blood pumping.

>>61346479

it's like OP just didn't know.
>>
>>61345698
Motorhead was the first ever proper gig I went too when I was 13.
>>
>>61345698
That is true, because most of the people here are like "omg lol i love death grips and noise rofl pure mucore".
>>
"I'm tired of people calling me a racist because I collected Nazi memorabilia. I've had black girlfriends since 1965, at least seven of them."
>>
>>61346595
don't lump in noise people with the /mu/ babbies these people only float the actual fringes of noise that's mostly meme-core noise like break dancing ronald reagon and the ilk.
>>
File: 1451351115779.jpg (27 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1451351115779.jpg
27 KB, 550x535
>>61345698

I've never been a fan of Motorhead but always loved Lemmy from seeing documentaries about him and reading about his exploits.

Legend.
>>
Who the fuck doesn't like Motƶrhead anyway? Even notorious metal hater Robert Xgau digs them
>>
>>61346693
they are a goto tshirt band for fashion people
>>
>>61346693
assholes and children under 20 to answer bluntly.
>>
>>61346693
He likes them because they're punk-influenced and their songs are grounded in realism. Xgau as you may know is a huge punkfag and hates abstract, fantasy-themed rock.
>>
hell be fine
>>
>>61345698
This happens literally every fucking time a famous musician dies.

That said, Overkill is their best album and song.
>>
I like how 4chan and doubleniggerchan both went down at the same time after taking the piss out of Lemmy. lmao he had the last laugh.
>>
>>61346580
Also as a kid, he was a roadie for Jimi Hendrix and had the job of scoring acid for him.
>>
File: 1427795925950.jpg (67 KB, 960x751) Image search: [Google]
1427795925950.jpg
67 KB, 960x751
>/mu/ is full of people who had never listened to a Motƶrhead album beforeĀØ
how do we stop avant-teens from posting their "opinions" on music?
>>
File: 2qu7nft.jpg (58 KB, 1284x722) Image search: [Google]
2qu7nft.jpg
58 KB, 1284x722
TIME TO PLAY THE GAAAME
>>
REAL Motorhead fans actually LIKE and appreciate Another Perfect Day!

Been a Motorhead fan since 1980, and I used to get into so many fights with both punk rockers AND headbangers because of it. There was a time when actually admitting to liking Motorhead was at times literally taking your own life into your hands. R.I.P. Lemmy!
>>
>>61346807
metal is impervious to hipsters ruining it and continues to be a club for anti social long haired neckbearded sweaty men no matter how much p4k tries to push deafheavan on us
>>
>>61346736
I wonder what Xgau thought of Pantera. They would seem more up his alley than the standard demons-and-wizards metal that he loathes.
>>
>>61346718
I thought that was THE MISFITS
(And to a lesser extent, The Ramones)
>>
>>61346860
Didn't Metallica get booed at some of their early shows because they wore punk T-shirts and that was a no-no in the metal community?
>>
THIS. motorhead is fucking trash
>>
File: 134230627544.jpg (105 KB, 400x697) Image search: [Google]
134230627544.jpg
105 KB, 400x697
>>61346806
MY FUCK ANON don't make me start drinking.

someone shake the hand of the corpse of lemmy already.
>>
>>61346545
the lead singer of panterea reminds me more of Henry rollins era black flag.
the walk video looks like Henry got lost at a white nationalist meeting
>>
>>61346807
I love scarufficore/avant-teen music and I've been a Motƶrhead fan for years.

Metal was the first style of music I gained an appreciation for, and no matter what route my tastes took that appreciation never lessened.
>>
>>61346901
He probably hates them for being rednecks
>>
File: hh.jpg (141 KB, 1284x722) Image search: [Google]
hh.jpg
141 KB, 1284x722
>>61346837

ON YOUR KNEES, DOG
>>
>>61346806
Plus he saw the Beatles performing in their rowdy Liverpool club days. That's why he always said the Rolling Stones were poseurs and the Beatles were the real stuff.
>>
>>61346973
Not surprising since Phil Anselmo was steeped in the underground punk and extreme metal scenes. He instantly made the operatic Halford/Dickinson style of singing obsolete.
>>
Yup, neo-mu is fucking shit. I literally have never seen a thread about Motorhead on here.
>>
>>61347182
This happened with B.B. King too, there's never even a blues thread here and then suddenly everyone was going on about how great he was and then he was promptly forgotten again.
>>
>>61347054
Jagger certainly is anyway, but Keef did actually come from a trashy working class background. He's the only Rolling Stone that wasn't a coddled college babby.
>>
>>61347207
You know we never discussed or cared about Stone Temple Pilots either, but then...
>>
>>61347182
>>61347207
i have seen a couple of motorhead/lemmy related threads
but anons mostly posted about them in other threads, Motorhead and expecially Lemmy were well respected
>>
>>61347182
well now maybe they'll actually dive into motorhead enough to see what all the hub bub was about.

>>61347207
the difference between bb king and lemmy is that no one here cares that bb king influenced your dads favorite bands but plenty of people up to today can still claim influence from lemmy.

lemmys influence is way more in the public conscious than bb king ever was despite bb king influencing an entire era of rock guitarists
>>
There was literally a thread about Lemmy already up on /mu/ hours before he died. It's the one that got stickied.
>>
>>61347225
Yeh you can see it in their creative visions. Mick Jagger's the guy who went to college and always wanted to try every music style under the book. Keef is a working class chap who wants to play rawk and doesn't have much musical vision beyond that.
>>
>>61347281
yup
>>
File: 1422386607634.jpg (50 KB, 280x259) Image search: [Google]
1422386607634.jpg
50 KB, 280x259
This happens every single time. /tv/ didn't gave a shit about Fast & Furious before Paul Walker died, but once he bit the dust everyone was going "OMG I ALWAYS LIKED F&F GUILTY PLEASURE" and when you pointed it out the response was, every single time, "WHAT THE FUCK MAN WE ALWAYS LOVED IT SINCE LIKE FOREVER WHAT THE FUCK".

It's really disturbing how death can alter people's judgement and even memories.
>>
>>61347264
>the difference between bb king and lemmy is that no one here cares that bb king influenced your dads favorite bands but plenty of people up to today can still claim influence from lemmy

We could split hairs on that although it's definitely true that the boomer classic rock pantheon were more directly influenced by bluesmen than the bands who came along after the 70s. Blues was less of a thing for Gen Xers than it had been to the baby boomers.
>>
>>61347347
Well, the boomers were the last generation to have a close personal connection with America's pre-WWII music traditions since they grew up when many of those guys were still alive and actively performing.
>>
>>61347292
I wouldn't say that's why at all though

The Beatles were all fairly poor, especially John and George, and they definitely had musician vision. I don't even particularly like them but they did have a lot going on.>>61347294
>>
>>61347310
>boards are singular entities

>it's really disturbing

you are worthless scum
>>
>>61347347
the beatles and rolling stones were influenced by the rock of the 50's like buddy holly, little Richard, chuck berry, roy orbison and elvis
>>
>>61347479
>being dumb on purpose
>missing the larger point on purpose
>being ~le offended

Go cry about it.
>>
>>61345826
>/mu/ would've been talking about Motorhead before his death
That sticky at the top of /mu/ was made hours before his death.
>>
>>61347490
And that was in turn influenced by blues and all the longhair hippie kids ate up BB King, Albert King, Muddy Waters, and Howlin' Wolf like acid tabs.
>>
The guys was deathly ill for at least a couple of months and his cancer was only diagnosed right before his death? The fuck?
>>
>>61347347
But yeah, blues really pretty much disappeared as an integral part of rock during the 80s.
>>
>>61347506
He was basically dead already
>>
>>61347550
Maybe he didn't get checked out by a doctor until nearly the end. Lemmy was probably the kind of guy who'd try to tough it out when he got sick and would have to be on death's door before seeking medical attention.
>>
>>61347532
You go to blues shows nowadays and it's all fat sweaty 60 year old guys in Hawaiian shirts with prescription sunglasses.
>>
>>61347310
>when it becomes topical, people talk about things they wouldn't ordinarily talk about
wow !
>>
>>61347558
yep, but who was big in the 80's [motorhead]

lemmys contribution to society will be around for the next 50/60 years easily as long as there's someone listening to 80's and earlier era motorhead and also picks up an instrument because of this.

fuck i'm listening to most of his 80's material and noticing the riffs are as gritty and banging as any of the best in metal today.
>>
>>61347148
What? Phil first sung in falsetto when he joined Pantera
>>
>>61346528
this guy looks like he's more of an expert on BBC than motorhead desu senpai
>>
>tfw Lemmy and I shared the same birthday and he died a few days after his birthday
:(
>>
>>61347581
No one here knew about it. And they still made a thread about him.
>>
>>61347625
True BUT he was born in 45 and thus a Page/Richards/Hendrix contemporary. Bands with members born after 1955 mostly didn't play anything that sounded bluesy. There's no blues in Metallica, RHCP, Nirvana, Green Day etc.
>>
>>61347506
>>61347581
The thread was made before anyone would know of his death.
>tfw I was the first reply
>>
>>61347684
Metallica actually did incorporate some bluesy influences around the load/reload era
>>
>>61347684
>no blues in nirvana

>no blues in metallica
>>
Metal is pure cringe. It's literally le wrong generation: the genre, and all the metalheads I know are sweaty neckbeards. I could not possibly think of a more reddit genre t b h family

I only like some of the riffs and basslines in metal, I don't understand the singing like a girl thing.

Are there any metal songs out there which are similar to The Width of a Circle by Bowie? I like that. Things like death metal are cringe.
>>
>>61347726
After they stopped being relevant. I mean, there's exceptions to everything for example Brett Michaels is a huge blues fan, but for the most part all those Gen Xer guys were influenced by punk rather than blues.
>>
Eh, the blues sound was still pretty noticeable in 80s metal. The 90s is when it completely vanished.
>>
>>61347750
i dunno some death metal is pretty great actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyN9IeRL7iY
>>
File: 960x.jpg (50 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960x.jpg
50 KB, 960x540
metal got rid of the blues influence and started incorporating stuff from ancient europe and classical to clear the genre of dirty nigger influence even further.

You listen to black saabath and burzum and its different worlds but both metal
>>
>>61345698
>No one gave a shit about Motorhead in this place until Lemmy died
Same thing happened with Nirvana and Amy Winehouse
>>
>>61347909
Vat. Sabbath were still very bluesy especially on the first album. Priest, Maiden, and Megadeth also had plenty of blues in their sound.
>>
>>61347954
i never said they werent you tard
>>
>>61347909
yeah too bad almost all European metal and more specifically classical influenced metal sucks fucking shit. it's all pansy boy dream theater bullshit with an extra distortion pedal and drum pieces.

dont even get me started on what a huge weeb piece of shit varg is. i hate that guy's music so bad it's just so try hard and dorky.
>>
>>61348009
>tfw I like his music but I still think he's an autist
>>
Even when I was an edgy wannabe kvlt teenager I couldn't stand Motorhead, they are up there with all of the other 'classics' that new metalheads pretend to like so that they can get included the soggy biscuit that is the metal community
>>
>>61348043
i cant do it, i listened to all the 'best' albums of his before i knew of his youtube and i wasn't impressed even back then...then again i was trying to get into varg at the same time i was getting into bathory and can you guess which direction i went in?
>>
>>61347182
>I literally have never seen a thread about Motorhead on here.

There was literally a thread about Lemmy hours before he died it is the stickied one... You plumb.
>>
>>61348080

i never was in a metal community but i watched this at a young age and found out what a real double bass drum was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVlxCA6lRKY
>>
>>61347750
>I don't understand the singing like a girl thing.

Have you ever heard Lemmy's voice...?

Also I dunno why you're on about metal to be honest seeing as Motorhead weren't even a metal band...
>>
Can't wait until Henry Rollins blasts him the fuck out with an article just like he did with Robin Williams
>>
>>61348155
"Some people say Motorhead is metal, some say we're hard rock, some say we're punk. I say Motorhead just plays rock-and-roll."
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.