[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone who hates on this album actually listened to it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: american idiot.jpg (101 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
american idiot.jpg
101 KB, 953x953
Has anyone who hates on this album actually listened to it?
>>
hey check this site out man i think you'll really like it

www.reddit.com
>>
>>61341141
no
>>
Whatshername is the best song on the album.

Prove me wrong just kidding you can't
>>
>>61341229
Give Me Novacaine
>>
>>61341200
OP here, already have it bookmarked with 11 or 12 subbreddit tabs open right now but thanks anyway!
>>
>>61341141
I listened to it and it was mediocre
>waah bush is a meanie why doesn't anybody want to be my gf I just pissed my pants
Not a fan of punk related stuff t b h f a m
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9zogQOmQVM
>>
side 2 has a lot of good songs on it

>>61341312
10 bucks says in other threads you may posts like ">taking notice of lyrics"
>>
>>61341141
/mu/ just hates this album because Pitchfork told them to. American Idiot is at least one of the top 10 rock albums of the 2000's, in all honesty.

You could probably make the same argument for The Black Parade by MCR as well.
>>
>>61341680
>American Idiot is at least one of the top 10 rock albums of the 2000's, in all honesty.
I love it but probably not
>You could probably make the same argument for The Black Parade by MCR as well.
No way
>>
>>61341680
>>61341680
top 10 if we're talking mainstream rock albums that charted at some point. Considering how many albums one could class as 'rock', they're probably not in the top 30. And this is coming from someone who absolutely loves both albums.
>>
i listened it its just plain rock music nothing special
>>
>>61341141
No
>>
>>61341587
Prejudices are bad. Please stop making conclusions based on them.
>>
>>61341249
this to be honestly family

And yeah, all of the best songs on it where in like the last few songs of the album
>>
Considering that this album was basically the swansong of rock as a mainstream, commercial form of music...
>>
>>61342645
no all of my posts are like that
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9zogQOmQVM

never forget
>>
I don't hate it. I'm perfectly fine with people listening to this.
>>
THIS THING WAS THE HIGH SCHOOL SOUNDTRACK FOR AN ENTIRE GENERATION OF KIDS
>>
>>61341229
I would agree, but I've got a soft spot for give me novacaine.
>>
the album has some good drumming here and there. it's mainly just generic catchy rock, but I'm ok with that. not terrible not great
>>
Why would I want to listen to an album that I know is garbage?
>>
>>61341141
yes

thanks for asking
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.