[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
More like this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: folder.jpg (524 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
524 KB, 1000x1000
More like this?
>>
The Shaggs - Philosophy of the World
>>
File: thumbnail.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>
File: Before and After Science.png (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Before and After Science.png
78 KB, 500x500
>>
All of the Afrobeat music they culturally appropriated and exploited to make it.

If you're only interested in the appropriation and exploitation part of it, check out Graceland by Paul Simon.
>>
The other Eno+Byrne collabs.

My Life in the Bush of Ghosts
Everything That Happened Will Happen Today (or something like that)
>>
>>61335282
>All of the Afrobeat music they culturally appropriated and exploited to make it.
Such as
>>
File: fba66af4.jpg (110 KB, 452x452) Image search: [Google]
fba66af4.jpg
110 KB, 452x452
>>
File: liquid.jpg (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
liquid.jpg
28 KB, 300x300
>>61335212
>>
>>61335335
Tried listening to this and apart from the first track, the rest was just shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 300x300
A similar feel but much more subdued.
>>
>>61335382
Holy shit, this is the first time anyone has every agreed with me on this.

This band has some bangers, but 90% of their stuff is so fucking dull.
>>
>>61335382
I agree except I like I Can Change also. Sound of Silver is much better
>>
>>61335431
Another anon who has the exact same opinion, Sound of Silver has 2 or 3 good tracks and the rest of their stuff has 1 or 2. The new Christmas song was fucking shit.

Seconding:
>>61335253
>>
>>61335431
Yeah, it's pretty disappointing, especially because i was really looking forward to that dance-punk with synths after getting into New Wave and stuff. The first track is pretty good (although i feel like it drags a bit) but then Drunk Girls comes and it's just an awful song. I remember trying their second album, but it was also bad.
>>
>>61335431
>>61335462
You just gotta give it more listens its actually cash
>>
>>61335212
so not exactly like talking heads but along the lines of old school experimental shit, have you ever heard of King Crimson?
>>
>>61335431
I am actually shocked someone had the balls to compare LCD Soundsystem to Talking Heads

I swear to god most of the time I think /mu/ is either half trolling or half 13 years old...
>>
>>61335253
>>61335280
These two and Lodger are the closest in terms of style. Afrobeats would be Peter Gabriel 4 or Paul Simon - Graceland

>>61335300
Don't forget Complete score from the Catherine Wheel.
>>
>>61335282

arrrr fuckin boring m8
>>
>>61335636
Yes, i like Red and ITCOTCK. Trying Discipline right now.
>>
>>61335212
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmNFRakNNkI
>>
ITCOTCK is amazing but honestly Discipline was my favorite.

Also do yourself a favor and check out this live version of Elephant Talk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTQrlDzqUCA
>>
>>61335253
I REPEAT MYSELF WHEN UNDER STRESS. I REPEAT MYSELF WHEN UNDER STRESS. I REPEAT MYSELF WHEN UNDER STRESS. I REPEAT MYSELF WHEN UNDER STRESS. I REPEAT MYSELF WHEN UNDER STRESS. I REPEAT MYSELF WHEN UNDER STRESS. I REPEAT MYSELF WHEN UNDER STRESS. I REPEAT MYSELF WHEN UNDER STRESS.
>>
David Byrne & Brian Eno - My Life in the Bush of Ghosts
>>
>>61335595
drunk girls is their worst song by a lot. the rest of the album is excellent.
>>
Brian Eno more like Brian Emo hahaha!

>>61335335
>I can change, I can change, I can change
>If it helps to be like Byrne
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.