[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what am I supposed to feel when listening to this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: cst012hires.jpg (329 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
cst012hires.jpg
329 KB, 900x900
what am I supposed to feel when listening to this?
>>
your manhood
>>
You should feel hopeless and cynical.
>>
Despair
>>
Joy, sadness, despair, sadness, despair, joy, annoyance, and boredom in that order.
>>
Bored
>>
>>61333453
>boredom at the end
>not feeling euphoria with those angels crying in the last minute
>>
>>61333345
The Beauty of destruction. Your supposed to feel like your watching atomic bombs destroy civilization but also feel the silver lining that it will regain mans innocence
>>
youre not supposed to feel any particular feeling for any kind of music just because someone says so
>>
>>61333345
You're supposed to feel gloomy and dark, like doomsday is approaching and whatnot.

Personally I find it uplifting, it pimps me up a little.

"Superior" is also an acceptable feeling.
>>
>>61333345
Feels
>>
>>61334043
weeelll sheeeiiittt
*pumps
>>
>>61333345
>asks internet what to feel while listening
>>
>>61334131
>>61333946
I'm asking because I don't get the album. I would get more interesting responses by asking what I asked than saying "I don't get it".
>>
>>61334426
first time I listened to it I felt nothing and it was kinda boring but second time I listened to it it hit me
>>
>>61334426
There are different atmospheres and vibes throughout the album. Storm is joyous then gets dark, Static is horrifying and intense and grim, Sleep is nostalgic and bittersweet, Antennas is eerie and then sad.
Overall it's apocalyptic, the different feelings are all under a certain vibe that's hard to pin down
>>
anger at the inauthentic reddit sensibilities being shoved down your throat
>>
>>61334714
Easy now Sir Andrzej Wajda
>>
>>61334688
I'd say that F# A# infinity is far more apocalyptic and hopeless, while LYSF is somehow warm and comforting
>>
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.