[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best vinyl pressing of Pere Ubu's record "The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Pere Ubu - The Modern Dance.jpg (159 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Pere Ubu - The Modern Dance.jpg
159 KB, 600x600
What is the best vinyl pressing of Pere Ubu's record "The Modern Dance" to purchase?

inb4
>buy the first one
I want the best quality pressing that is the definitive pressing

inb4
>well the definitive pressing is the first pressing
Not necessarily, if there's some "better" issue that I don't know of or if there is a legit remaster reissue then this may be the definitive pressing. For example the Music on Vinyl reissues are often "remastered" but they are often sourced from high resolution digital files rather than an analog source.
Now if there were an official non-third-party remaster then I would pay attention, even if there was a digital step in the process (which I would prefer there not to be, but if it's an "official" remaster then I'd consider this to be the "definitive" edition of the album).

>just use discogs
I did, coming here to ask just in case and since I can't think of anywhere to ask this question.

>it doesn't matter
It does to me so answer my question.

And with this album there are so many different pressings of it over the years that I don't know which one I should get or which ones are legit and which ones aren't. I tend to go with ones that are from USA (or UK/Europe if any specific edition is non-existant).
>it doesn't really make much of a difference
It does for me so just tell me what to do.
>>
bump you pieces of shit

Lemmy dies all the time fucking pay attention to me
>>
bump you pieces of shit

>>
Just buy several different pressings. Collect them over time so you can choose your favorite.
>>
>>61334160
but I want to know what the collectively defined best pressing is so that I don't have to spend money doing it this way
I can't rely on my own opinion because it might be wrong, so I want the objectively best opinion to decide for me
>>
bump you pieces of shit

>>
>>61335436
If you like the album enough to be autistically devoted to finding the best pressing, money shouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>61336204
I'm actually just so autistic that I'm like this with every album at all
So could you help maybe? And thanks also.
>>
>>61333033
Can we make this an Ubu general?
>tfw I live in Ubu's hometown
Feels pretty good to know such a great band came from my city.
Dave Thomas can be pretty pretentious though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cCq7qnDhlU
>>
>>61336437
oh wow haha
and check this out if you want pretentious
http://www.scaruffi.com/interv/thomas.html
>>
shit record op
>>
>>61337091
>It's an unequivocal masterpiece and a major work.
>gets given a 5/10
based Piero
>>
bump you pieces of shit

>>
I have the original british pressing and its fantastic
>>
>>61337921
good to know, thanks
What makes this pressing better than the US one?
>>
bump you pieces of shit

>>
>>61337091
>What do you listen to?
>Sound
Holy fucking shit
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.