[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Never really listened to the album in its entirty > Liked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: Bad_Brains_debut.jpg (47 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
Bad_Brains_debut.jpg
47 KB, 301x300
> Never really listened to the album in its entirty
> Liked a couple of songs but never looked into it.
> Thought they were just a bunch of nagaggies trying out the same formula
> Got high and drunk and decided to listen to it in its entirty
> Changed my entire look on the whole genre
>>
File: 510Kk9McCOL[1].jpg (36 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
510Kk9McCOL[1].jpg
36 KB, 500x500
>>61329089
I still think their "sellout" album was their best. Critics thought that "Secret 77" and other songs were attempts at pop success, though obviously that never happened.
>>
File: blankgweneration.jpg (6 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
blankgweneration.jpg
6 KB, 224x225
The album in OP's pic is one out of maybe 2 or 3 hardcore albums I like. I tend to stay away from hardcore and other mutations of original garage/protopunk and punk. I think they sound like shit and they get kinda faggy.

Pic related is intense as fuck.
>>
>>61329179
Next on my list, I think I'll just try the whole discography till I get bored
>>
File: rocklight1.jpg (55 KB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
rocklight1.jpg
55 KB, 500x493
<--------I preferred
>>
>>61329179
same here
>>
>>61329179
>>61331792
I honestly don't get why people prefer these over their debut
The amount of energy is insane on their first, it's easily their best by a mile for me

Even the reggae parts are great if you're into early/roots reggae
>>
>>61333397
Black dots is the best in terms of energy and production. I thought Rock for light's weak production hurt it overall. Still all good albums though
>>
>>61333603
I haven't listened to that one, thanks for letting me know it exists
>>
>>61329089
>>61329089
the reggae songs are shit but everything else is god-tier
>>
>>61333603
I hope that you have heard the vinyl version, CD mastering of Rock for Light sucks. Really.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcVU_iZ1us
>>
>>61331792
Production is a sorta lifeless but it's a killer album.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pUlNfdnsAM

Enjoy!
>>
File: Oprah.gif (20 KB, 279x200) Image search: [Google]
Oprah.gif
20 KB, 279x200
>>61334234
>tfw you'll never experience the energy and vigor of an early 80s punk show
>>
bad brains is the GOAT band
I love you HR.
>>
>>61333397

rock for light has just as much energy with better production if you have the vinyl or original cd version

too bad the reggae songs are way worse
>>
>>61334033
Damn son, 80s CD Mastering strikes again
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.