[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say something nice about M.I.A.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
File: fp-mia-teaser-BM-Bayern-INDIO.jpg (58 KB, 580x386) Image search: [Google]
fp-mia-teaser-BM-Bayern-INDIO.jpg
58 KB, 580x386
Say something nice about M.I.A.
>>
maya was pretty cool
>>
She's cooler than me.
>>
I like all of her music.
She has top tier music videos as well.
>>
I wouldn't take her money
>>
poo in the loo
>>
>>61324670
She is an incredibly interesting person, she consistently puts out good music, she does important things for the world, and she is attractive
>>
she is a human being
>>
>>61324757
Wrong meme
>>
When did she start her career? At 30? That's pretty impressive desu
>>
>>61324840
yeah she was a moderately successful filmmaker and visual artist before the music stuff.
>>
a hypocrite and a loony, corporate whore
>>
I liked her old stuff. She had a hidden political message/story in every song which was cool but now she's flashing her views everywhere and it's annoying af tbqh
>>
>>61324894
Hmm something is off.
Never mind we all know who this is.
>>
>>61324933
fuck her, fuck this bitch, I made her, ungrateful whore
>>
>>61324960
what up Dips? Also post feet.
>>
>>61324960
hey Diplo tell Skrillex I said hi
>>
Who's M.I.A.?
>>
>>61324960
>>61324894
She sure did Jack Ür production chops.
>>
She is a goddess
>>
File: the0po4_1280.jpg (63 KB, 869x580) Image search: [Google]
the0po4_1280.jpg
63 KB, 869x580
>>61324770
pretty much desu
>>
still holding out on the vague hope that she'll release a mixtape on new year's eve
>>
>>61324670
She has a few nice albums.
>>
>>61324929
borders being the exception, she's not nearly as politics focused as she once was.
>>
File: 1411601951764.webm (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1411601951764.webm
3 MB, 480x360
>qt
>always a head of the curve
>great production on all albums
>maya is her best album
>>
>>61325023
Mathangi "Maya" Arulpragasam (born 18 July 1975), better known by her stage name M.I.A., is an English recording artist. She is also a songwriter, painter and director. "M.I.A." is a play on her own name and a reference to the acronym of Missing in Action. Her compositions combine elements of electronic, dance, alternative, hip hop and world music. Arulpragasam began her career in 2000 as a visual artist, filmmaker and designer in west London before beginning her recording career in 2002. Since rising to prominence in early 2004 for her singles "Sunshowers" and "Galang", charting in the UK and Canada and reaching number 11 on the Billboard Hot Dance Singles Sales in the US, she has been nominated for an Academy Award, two Grammy Awards and the Mercury Prize.

:')
>>
>>61325568
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqJASopOx74

what i'm talking about btw. She was saying on twitter recently she'll get around to making it soon.
>>
>>61324670
She's sexy and I liked her music from Arular to MAYA.

Everything else she has put out sounds like trapstep garbage. She kinda lost that unorthrodox sound she once had. Only good songs on Matangi were Know It Ain't Right, Boom and Come Walk With Me.

Also she needs to fucking stop trying to sing. Her+Autotune is not a good mix.
>>
>>61326773
Her singing voice is only tolerable when it's smothered in effects. That's how she did things with MAYA. She's also stated numerous times that her singing voice is shit, so it's particularly puzzling when she does it.
>>
>>61326976
it was good on Tell Me Why, Capslock and Outerspace but lately it's been earRAPE with songs like Borders and a lot of songs on Matangi
>>
>>61327154
I found Swords more troublesome than Borders in that regard. And there wasn't much outright singing on Matangi outside the RnB tracks.

Her flow in general has always fallen between rapping and singing. Though she's not amazing at either, she occupies that middle ground excellently. She should stick w/ it.
>>
>>61327560
I wish she would go back to the Arular and Kala style.

Songs like Galang, The Turn, Bamboo Banga, Paper Planes, Boyz and more are just dope.
>>
She's got a... winning... wit. (?)
>>
>>61327618
Kala and Arular are near flawless, but she'll plow ahead and try new stuff, for better or for worse. New record next yr should be interesting.
>>
Kala=Maya>Arular>>>Matangi
The only correct option.
>>
>>61324670
well done
>>
>>61324960

hey diplo, fancy seeing u here
>>
she seems like a human being with mostly terrible opinions. but arular is a goddamn masterpiece and kala is pretty good too. everything else is forgettable tho.
>>
i think maya is essentially MIA's biophilia when it comes to /mu/. that is, overrated here, underrated outside here.
>>
Id very much like to "fuck" her

Iykwim
>>
>>61324800
designated
>>
I would fuck the shit out of here
>>
she can fly like paper AND get high like planes
something which no other man has been able to achieve in our day and age
>>
>>61324670
Don't have anything.
>>
she's my gf
>>
>>61330612
fuck you, asshole, cuz if she were your gf, you would not be happy about it
>>
>>61324670

Her photoshop team is really good at taking out all the wrinkes in her face for press photos

I bet her butt smells nice
>>
>>61330706
She doesn't have wrinkles m8. maybe when she's 50
>>
I wish she was my mom
>>
>>61330854

so you aren't denying her butt smells nice?
>>
genuinely one of the brightest creative minds of the 21st century
>>
>>61324670
She's daring and has a strong perspective. She's super pretty too : 3
>>
She is my favorite artist and i think she has a flawless discography and she is beautiful :3
>>
>>61330963
i unfortunately wouldn't know ;_;
>>
File: Badgrls.webm (1 MB, 1920x788) Image search: [Google]
Badgrls.webm
1 MB, 1920x788
>She has top tier music videos as well.
THIS

Art direction always on point
>>
>>61324797
and a real hero
>>
She'd be cute if she dressed like a normal person to be honest. Her style is too weird.
>>
>>61333280
she's /fa/ as fuck m8

i think that was a large part of her appeal at the start too, this kooky fashion style. the bloggers ate it up.
>>
I think she'll be fine.
>>
I have an indian fetish and she does it for me. The problem with indian girls though is you always have to preface things like "Besides your father how many guys have you been with" other than that indians are godly.
>>
>>61333586
She is not Indian
>>
>>61333628
>I have an indian fetish and she does it for me
reading comprehension
>>
File: 300715_1.jpg (9 KB, 285x285) Image search: [Google]
300715_1.jpg
9 KB, 285x285
>>61330706
>Her photoshop team

they do an incredible job lol
>>
>>61334249
how did she suddenly get blue eyes
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.