[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the concept of Sgt. Pepper?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: sgt.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
sgt.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1000
What is the concept of Sgt. Pepper?
>>
>>61322525
There is none. If you want some good conceptual psychedelia listen to Jonathan Mathis' mixtape "Angry Kid".
>>
To ripoff Pet Sounds
>>
>>61322525
They're pretending to be another band
>>
they become a travelling broadway circus band or some shit
>>
the concept is they're not *really* a bunch of fucking dorks who love vaudeville, brass bands, and sea shanties, they're just pretending!

DUDE WEED LMAO

10/10 BEST ALBUM OF ALL TIME
>>
>>61322649
fuck off
>>
>>61322649
lol
>>
>>61322667
don't worry it was a concept post; I was just pretending
>>
>>61322525
they're only in it for the money desu
>>
>>61322685
you have no idea what you are talking about
>>
>>61322649
>vaudeville, brass bands, and sea shanties,
what is the problem with liking these things
>>
the idea is just that its a differnt band, but it isnt really meant to be central to the album like "the wall" or whatever, its just that they wanted to really dive into a load of different styles and they were trying to show they were leaving their old styles and beatles personas behind. makes sense really
>>
BIL-
LYYYYY
SHEEEEEEEAAAARS
>>
>>61322525
In Starr's opinion, only the first two songs and the reprise are conceptually connected.[38] Lennon agreed and in 1980 he commented: "Sgt. Pepper is called the first concept album, but it doesn't go anywhere ... it works because we said it worked."
>>
>>61322833
WHAT WOULD YOU THINK IF I SANG OUT OF TUNE
>>
>>61322856
shh
>>
>>61322856

would you stand up and walk out on me?
>>
>>61322833
best song on side one desu
>>
why does it end with Sgt Pepper(reprise) but then follow with day in the life
>>
>>61322525
Drugs.
>>
>>61322965
That's not Getting Better
or WYWY
>>
>>61322595
this is the correct answer. Paul had an idea that they would pretend to be other people in a different band.
>>
>>61323061
MAN I WAS MEAN
>>
>>61323045
I'm also curious
>>
>>61322525
The concept of Sgt. Peppers is that you can have an album made up of 12 mediocre to bad tracks, but as long as you put one truely great song at the end critics will praise it as a masterpiece
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.